Coronavirus | Page 339 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Still, more important than doing something about this sort of thing eh?!

As a disabled woman, Ginny Butcher is roughly 11 times more likely to die from coronavirus than her peers. New figures also suggest almost two-thirds of Covid-19 deaths in the UK have been disabled people. There are now calls for an inquiry.

the Coronavirus Act - the emergency legislation the government passed at the beginning of lockdown - which took away significant parts of councils' duty to provide care for disabled people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53221435

Absolutely disgusting that people are having to go through this sort of experience. Where's the humanity and compassion?

Talk about Sod's Law.

A car smashed through the front of a pub hours before it was due to open for the first time in nearly four months. The owners of the Swan Inn near Ashford in Kent were woken by a "terrible bang" at about 02:00 BST as a Land Rover crashed into the grade-II building.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-53290575

Perhaps they said they wanted a Disco in the front room?

I've just been for my daily walk to the shop and our street has two front garden parties going - one is definitely not just two households and the beer is flowing. Three of the lasses went to the shop, judging by the chat they weren't related, and they had to be told to wait outside as it hadn't occurred to them our shop keep still only wants 2/3 people in the shop at one time. And I overheard our one neighbour saying the pubs had gone crazy this morning and were rammed.

So much for sense...but wasn't that expected opening up on a Saturday!

I've just been for my daily walk to the shop and our street has two front garden parties going - one is definitely not just two households and the beer is flowing. Three of the lasses went to the shop, judging by the chat they weren't related, and they had to be told to wait outside as it hadn't occurred to them our shop keep still only wants 2/3 people in the shop at one time. And I overheard our one neighbour saying the pubs had gone crazy this morning and were rammed.

So much for sense...but wasn't that expected opening up on a Saturday!

I haven't ventured out today I'm going to my daughters on Monday, hopefully, some of the tossers will be back at work then. The country is full of weak-willed easily lead sheep

I nearly went to the pub.

Went for a lovely dog walk down by the Thames with our friends and their pooch this afternoon. First time we have seen them since February.

At the finish line was a picture post card pub with empty tables outside. By god it was tempting !. Myself and Mrs M were up for it but my friend has type 2 diabetes so was very uneasy about even using a glass from there ( I’m not sure if they were doing plastic glasses tbh). Nevertheless no problem we passed by and that was it being the sensible souls we are.

In a show of unbelievable sense....it's being estimated that anywhere between 35/50% of pubs refused to open today across the country, preferring instead to see what happened and then look at Sunday/Monday or 'next week' once the inevitable shit storm had played out as the arseholes returned.

:clap::bow:

In a show of unbelievable sense....it's being estimated that anywhere between 35/50% of pubs refused to open today across the country, preferring instead to see what happened and then look at Sunday/Monday or 'next week' once the inevitable shit storm had played out as the arseholes returned.

:clap::bow:

Yeah, my favourite restaurant, I might have mentioned it once or five hundred times, Lambs in Stratford, a certain JPA is involved there, has taken a slowly slowly and get it right stance as well. They open on the 16th.

Last updated on Saturday 4 July 2020 at 5:40pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Saturday 4 July 2020
Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result
Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Saturday 4 July 2020