Coronavirus | Page 298 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

As said, with the old man we've basically isolated as two households for a few reasons.

I can't see a problem now (given the other bellends and your strong belief you had it) just do it sensibly. Wash hands immediately after entering, distance, have your own drink to save crossing etc. The anti bac gel to wash after leaving with a mind to using your motor and so on.

And when weather allows, make it a garden trip just for extra piece of mind.

Or be naughty and agree to the garden, and come up with an excuse for any days it's pissing down as a halfway house lol

Is anyone else going into their parents home? I know people around here seem to be in and out of each others places.

I haven't been and the pressure I'm getting from them now is insane. It seems daft me not going in, as I'm 99% sure I had it. But I think it only right to follow the rules (and I hate following rules).

Anyone else getting pressure to do this that and the other?

Think the ultimatum I might have to put down is if you keep nagging me, I just won't come and see you each day, which I have done since I came out of self isolation, come rain or shine (and been lucky, plenty of shine)

I've not been to mine yet.

Went into a B&M today to try and get some cheap soup etc. Got that funny radiation feeling I got earlier on in the pandemic and came straight back out. Nobody was social distancing in there either , it was basically a free for all , coughing sneezing people shouting down the aisles . Unbelievable

Not seen my olds since march 10th.
As i now live in taunton and they are in sutton. I usually spend every weekend with them because they have a holiday home in dorset but obviously theve stayed put.
My dad wont go out the house. Even if i wanted to go up my dad wouldnt let me in.
Plus he doesnt trust his neighbours so says we would get grassed up and fined.
We have been under pressure from my aunty who lives near me who keeps wanting me to go around and have a drink in the garden. Thank god ive got the corona as an excuse.

Wurzel proves this point above, unfortunately it’s completely subjective and we won’t know what a “good scenario” would’ve been.

I’m pretty sure it was Sir Patrick Vallence who said “below 20k” was good, so by his standards (if indeed he did) then we are not actually doing well.

The 200k figure wurzel quotes, I thought was actually higher and that shocked the government to actually doing something. That was a tactic of worst case according to dispatches because they were concerned at the lack of planning from the government. So being way below that figure that doesn’t outweigh the fact for me we are 20k over what the government advisors deemed a “good” number. The scale isn’t linear from good to bad.

The other factor is how people see this and hold the government to account in the future. I suspect when it’s all died down (no pun intended), we’ll get COVID fatigue and want to blank it from our memories. The shambles that we commentate on daily in this thread will be forgotten by the masses once the inheritance money of all those loved ones has reached the bank accounts. Again, this is all subjective.

Boris has 3-4 years of time to bury this disaster, he won’t want a public inquiry as it’ll keep it top of mind. I’ve a horrible feeling a significant number of people will sympathise with him.

Just shown on the news ironically, 17th March Sir Patrick Valence said under 20,000 would be a “good outcome”.

Is anyone else going into their parents home? I know people around here seem to be in and out of each others places.

I haven't been and the pressure I'm getting from them now is insane. It seems daft me not going in, as I'm 99% sure I had it. But I think it only right to follow the rules (and I hate following rules).

Think the ultimatum I might have to put down is if you keep nagging me, I just won't come and see you each day, which I have done since I came out of self isolation, come rain or shine (and been lucky, plenty of shine)

Nope not been in her house but have had a few visits now to my Moms as I can go round the side gate and sit in the back garden and have a cup of tea and we sit 2 metres apart

Thanks guys, will print that out if I need back up. Starting to grate on me. 'When are you coming in.'

Err.. it isn't my decision. I'm doing things right. Been up most days to cheer them up, taken their shopping / prescriptions and so on.

I don’t understand how I can meet 6 random people but not my family at our homes. So yes, we’ve had my in laws over in the garden last week. They have one child (my missus) and don’t go out that much so we’re like one family under two roofs. I haven’t seen my family since February I think but they’re further away, and there’s more people so it’s a higher risk given my sister and her fella are doctors.

It’s down to common sense now, the rules are not logical, unenforceable and not obeyed anyway.

I’m still working from home, going out only a couple of times per week to the shop or play tennis so it’s give and take now for me.

yes, you can go in the garden now Silhillvilla, and walk through a house. you can even piss if you want to, as long as you wipe down after you!

Just catching up with Last Leg.

Have the Gov genuinely admitted Test and Trace won't be with us until September?

Nope not been in my parents house . Just the garden. They have been to mine to drop cakes off and to collect pooch for walks . But exchange of dog and cakes is done down the side of the house, distanced.
Today was actually the first time they have sat in our garden but we distanced much more than 2m. They are massively frustrated now and this week is the first week I have sensed a bit of low mood about them. Both mid 70's but hugely active . They are also frustrated that they are sticking and have been sticking rigidly while others including good friends are haven't.

If you have been isolated and they have been isolating assess the risk and go and have tea in the garden.

Not having the grandkids for 10 weeks was breaking us (Dawn more) as soon as they told us they were sending the kids back to school with complete and utter strangers who have who knows what .... Fuck this the kids can come up here and jump on the trampoline... safer than school.

Been in the garden, at far more than 2 metres mate, been taking them all their shopping and prescriptions. Also, have had covid. But I just think, especially as I take a strong line with others being pricks over the rules, that the rules this time (I am not a great fan of being told what to do in life lol) should be followed. I'd love to give mom a hug, she's really feeling all this and just wants some The Fear love, but then I am showing my love doing what I'm doing, ringing each day, going up most days (only round the corner for me) and so on.

The irony is I can't really pass it on, as I've had it, they can't pass it on, they haven't got it as they have hardly been out and only really just for a local walk. But not sure how far common sense should be used, when rules are set for the greater good. She told me she was cold yesterday when I visited, it was me standing outside lol But then, she is of an age where they have the heating on at 300 degrees at all times! LOL

Tried to sign up to donate my blood plasma, but as I have had two transfusions, it says at this stage it won't take it. I find it ridiculous really, surely the blood could be checked, it will have replaced itself many times over by now.

Oh well, tried at least.

Same with me, my parents (dad 83, mum 77) were asking me inside home this week. I do there weekly shop and spend a while at end of drive chatting to them. Last week went to there vack garden after the rule changed. This week was the first time it rained and I still stayed out there! Feels tough but the advice is it is safer in the open outdoors.
Not sure how this can continue when the weather is really shit and then winter??
Really want to give them a big hug.

Really awkward isn't it Chico? I do understand their logic as well, as they see so many others not following the rules. As I've said, although I'm the benefactor in their will, I'd rather wait to 'collect' on that thanks!