Coronavirus | Page 290 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Terrible answer from Jenny Harries on the question about knowing whether someone is a genuine track and tracer when asked about the legitimacy of a caller.

“they will sound genuine”, “you will know” was broadly the answer.

What about reminding people not to give our personal details such as NI numbers, addresses, even warn them not to “confirm” bank details. Obvious stuff but always one or two who don’t think and will get scammed.

Terrible answer, equally it was more a question for the govt rather than her.

Last edited:
Yup, very poor answer...Van Tam gave the actual number that would show for caller ID yesterday didn't he. 303 something or other.

Make it simple, if we are contacting you we have all the information necessary to have traced you - we may ask where you have been in the last 24/48 hours for information purposes - but short of confirming you are the caller we are after (name), we will not be asking for NI details, your address, or to even confirm bank details, let alone asking for them in the first place.

Blah blah...get a call where you are asked for more info than to confirm your name and maybe where you have been - hang up immediately.

Terrible answer from Jenny Harries on the question about knowing whether someone is a genuine track and tracer when asked about the legitimacy of a caller.

“they will sound genuine”, “you will know” was broadly the answer.

What about reminding people not to give our personal details such as NI numbers, addresses, even warn them not to “confirm” bank details. Obvious stuff but always one or two who don’t think and will get scammed.

Terrible answer, equally it was more a question for the govt rather than her.

Evening Standard have picked up on it, thank god. Talk about incompetent, she’s pushing Boris and Hancock for the gold medal

https://apple.news/AIvyZl_ydRKyFo4GUIKFY2Q

It's also exactly why she should not have answered the question, that was for Jenrick or whatever his name is. She may well know the technicals of how the system will work, she won't know the baseline details as she doesn't need to.

Jenrick might not know himself, but it's his job as a mouthpiece to find out so he can answer.

It's also exactly why she should not have answered the question, that was for Jenrick or whatever his name is. She may well know the technicals of how the system will work, she won't know the baseline details as she doesn't need to.

Jenrick might not know himself, but it's his job as a mouthpiece to find out so he can answer.

Yes completely agree, I don’t know why it was passed to her. Van Tam would’ve answered the science and put whichever knob on the middle podium on the spot.

Absolutely shit answer nevertheless, people will get scammed - we need to know what we’ll be asked and told to do.

I must say, I quite like Harries - comes across as honest, decent, a good egg.

But she is out of her depth and like (in many ways actually) Whitty etc, they don't seem to have that inner 'fuck off mate' Van Tam seems to lead with. I haven't always been impressed with him, but he seems to have grown into the role with a streak of watching his own back.

The others seem too focused on trying to do the right thing even if they don't have an answer.

I must say, I quite like Harries - comes across as honest, decent, a good egg.

But she is out of her depth and like (in many ways actually) Whitty etc, they don't seem to have that inner 'fuck off mate' Van Tam seems to lead with. I haven't always been impressed with him, but he seems to have grown into the role with a streak of watching his own back.

The others seem too focused on trying to do the right thing even if they don't have an answer.

She’s had a few calamities for me:

“Exemplar for preparedness” then went on to claim our stockpile was a “very high quality mark of a prepared country in international terms”.

All very subjective, her job is the science not comparing us to other countries.

She didn’t think we needed to “test, test, test” yet we know testing works from looking at other countries who have managed this successfully. She claims it’s a “casual link”.

She claimed the containment phase was “very successful”.

She talks like a politician at times, really winds me up. She’s a complete puppet and out of her depth, but then she has one of the highest profile jobs in the country right now.

Yup, can't disagree on some of that but that's the element I put to her being out of depth and well, basically, not bullshit trained lol

The genuine in her attempts to answer questions she should really say, that's not for me to answer. Her mistake is in answering and trying to be MP like.

At the start Harries was pretty good and certainly didn't pander to the politicians.

However, now she has just become another nodding dog just like what Whitty and Vallance have turned into.

Only Van Tam has the bottle to stand up to the liars.

Last edited:
So this 'Defcon' style status thingy is working well :shake:

If that thing was serious, we would’ve seen it every day in the papers, on the news and in the updates. I’ve seen the fucking pollen chart on the weather more than that thing, even the terrorism threat I know has reduced because of COVID!

Another gimmick not even done half heartedly, complete farce. I would’ve had this thing from day dot and allowed the public to track and understand it.

Last edited:
I agree, but even if it is official it's down to interpretation. Sporting events are returning - but only behind closed doors so there is no risk to the wider public. Also, only certain people have been told that they no longer need to shield.

If the government data suggests that transmission is now largely taking place within hospitals and care homes, then when it comes to community-based transmission we could be anywhere between Levels 1 to 3 at the moment.

But yet another example of mixed messaging!

The deaths graph is flat, so the numbers are not reducing any more and likely to increase imo given the relaxing of lockdown.

Spain reported 0 deaths in the last 24 hours.
Yep thats what happens when you lockdown early enough and do a proper lockdown for long enough.
Weve completely screwed it up from the first moment.
And now we just seem to be in some mad insane rush to get the economy going. Which i partly understand but a second wave will destroy the economy beyond repair for many.
Also spain have police who have respect so people do as they say and dont recite 18th century bollocks rules to get out of it while recording on their phone.

Hope we are wrong, hope it continues to go down, albeit this is slower than it should be, but......... Just can't help but think they have bundled it and to do that alert system and then not use it, what a joke.

And the track and tracing still not set up right and no figures, but they are talking about how good it is. When pushed, the one department is only just being established (that is saying it kindly, not up and running is the truth)

We’ll starting to see the ugly side of capitalism over the next few months. There will be hard working people who are at risk of a certain age or with certain conditions, the government won’t support financially and companies will want to work or victimise if they don’t. Not all companies, but the vast majority will be cutting overheads and anyone who doesn’t contribute will be on the heap.

The next 6 months need to be at the discretion of each and every individual (or parent) of any age, sex, race, etc to make their own decisions with no questions asked.