Coronavirus | Page 264 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Cummins should resign for breaking the rules - he won’t, nor will he get sacked. The detail I missed, was that he travelled with symptoms.

I’m sure someone has mentioned this or it was in the articles but that is outrageous. That’s like walking around with a loaded gun in your pocket. If you travel from London to Durham, you stop for a pee. He could’ve infected a couple of people just being at a services, what an awful man. It just shows your character when you have symptoms but still visit your parents.

He goes onto my list of people I’d like COVID to work it’s magic on, but unfortunately he might be over it.

Unbelievable. Renders the lockdown pretty pointless in many respects. And we still have to wait until the 8th June for any kind of quarantine measures.

More than 12,500 international flights landed in the UK during lockdown – including passenger and cargo planes.

An analysis of flight data by Channel 4 News shows the extent that international air traffic continued, while Brits were told to stay home.

International arrivals included more than 450 flights from China’s main airports.

Around the same number came to the UK from New York, which now has the highest number of confirmed cases of any state in the US.

Arrivals also included at least 250 planes from Milan, in northern Italy – one of the early coronavirus hotspots – with another 206 coming from Rome.

https://www.channel4.com/news/how-effective-is-travel-quarantine-and-a-travel-ban/
s
Until you all get your heads around the fact that the governments of this country dont, and never have give a shit about the people of this country you will continue to be dismayed and annoyed.
They do the bare minimum to get bye and only exist to protect the wealth of the country.
Cynical, yes I know but I have seen very little over the years to convince me otherwise.

Cummins should resign for breaking the rules - he won’t, nor will he get sacked. The detail I missed, was that he travelled with symptoms.

I’m sure someone has mentioned this or it was in the articles but that is outrageous. That’s like walking around with a loaded gun in your pocket. If you travel from London to Durham, you stop for a pee. He could’ve infected a couple of people just being at a services, what an awful man. It just shows your character when you have symptoms but still visit your parents.

He goes onto my list of people I’d like COVID to work it’s magic on, but unfortunately he might be over it.
Hang on Dan, it turns out the trip was "essential" - they were going up north to family because they were both ill and may have needed childcare for their kids.

Ah, that's ok then.

This fucking government is the worst in living memory. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do! And all the Secretaries of State are taking to social media to defend the idiot. Gove saying it's not a crime to care for your wife and children, Sunak saying similar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52782913

Hang on Dan, it turns out the trip was "essential" - they were going up north to family because they were both ill and may have needed childcare for their kids.

Ah, that's ok then.

This fucking government is the worst in living memory. Just when you think they can't get any worse, they do! And all the Secretaries of State are taking to social media to defend the idiot. Gove saying it's not a crime to care for your wife and children, Sunak saying similar.

18th March

The PM said: "I also need to remind parents, as we have already advised, that children should not be left with older grandparents or older relatives who may be particularly vulnerable, or fall into some of the vulnerable groups.

"I know that is going to be difficult too, and I want to thank families for their sacrifice at this difficult time.

"And I want to thank the whole country for the efforts people are making to comply with these measures."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11204301/grandparents-warned-kids-coronavirus/

Ah, that's ok then.

Well if everyone who had corona and has got kids did the same? What then?
And if someone did this and got fined this is opening the floodgates for people getting out of not paying for it.
Waste of skin!

18th March

The PM said: "I also need to remind parents, as we have already advised, that children should not be left with older grandparents or older relatives who may be particularly vulnerable, or fall into some of the vulnerable groups.

"I know that is going to be difficult too, and I want to thank families for their sacrifice at this difficult time.

"And I want to thank the whole country for the efforts people are making to comply with these measures."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11204301/grandparents-warned-kids-coronavirus/
Well if everyone who had corona and has got kids did the same? What then?
And if someone did this and got fined this is opening the floodgates for people getting out of not paying for it.
Waste of skin!
The government are continuing to treat us like idiots and with utter contempt. Makes my blood boil.

Fcuking Cummings did this! Yet they tell me I can't see my eldest son, DIL and grandchildren. As well our eldest grandchild won't be visiting this summer because of. Disgusted and angry

Fcuking Cummings did this! Yet they tell me I can't see my eldest son, DIL and grandchildren. As well our eldest grandchild won't be visiting this summer because of. Disgusted and angry

It's boiling my blood to Kefkat, especially as I could easily see my Grandchildren without any risk in their garden. Also, I can't go to my caravan in Wales and isolate despite regularly doing it for the last 5 years . I've never been there to mix with other people

Last edited:
The advice if you have symptoms is to self isolate in your own household.

Given his wife had the virus, while he was fearful of catching it, but did not have it - how does it help to protect a young child by driving 264 miles all together in the confines of a small car, rather than self-isolate at their London home. Maybe Cummings complied with the guidance when he got to Durham, but to say he complied by making the 264 mile journey is nonsense and those MPs who covered up for and then backed him, are all liars.

All these “important” people like Cummings, the Scottish medical officer and other leaders caught out around the world have a view the vast majority of us should follow the rules, which statistically means them breaking doesn’t matter statistically - which is probably right. Being blunt, Cummings and his older family (not talking kids here), aren’t important to me so what happens, happens.

But if 55m Englishmen do what he does because he sets the example then that is where we get the problem.

I find it such a shame we are burning this disease out here, I would scrap tourists coming in and only international haulage because we can do a good job of supporting our tourism industry ourselves - coastal resorts will be sold out if this thing dies out.

There’s a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, but our balls-less government won’t tell the yanks to fuck off.

It's boiling my blood to Kefkat, especially as I could easily see my Grandchildren without any risk in their garden. Also, I can't go to my caravan in Wales and isolate despite regularly doing it for the last 5 years . I've never been there to mix with other people

Yet you know what I am still not going to break the rules just cos he has, as I respect and love my famiily not to put them in a position like that.

I also wouldn't want to risk them getting it or anyone else for that matter. Not that I believe I have it however possibly mild dose in March when both 2nd son KK at home and I were mildly unwell. As contagious as it is I wouldn't risk picking up and passing it on.

The criteria and performance I go through just to go to the supermarket I am not going to change just because he is an arsehole

Slimy **** says he doesn't care that it doesn't look good. What an arrogant horrid tosser . If he îsnt sacked it's a disgrace

Let’s be honest, he could give the queen a deadly dose of it and survive in this Troy government. Too much dirt between him and Bojo I imagine for anyone to be sacked.

Haven't read back through the thread but i am thinking Boris is not recovered at all from the virus.
He is nowhere near as front and centre as a PM should be. Not that it's a bad thing but he is the PM.

On a similar note wtf is this middle name about ?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Haven't read back through the thread but i am thinking Boris is not recovered at all from the virus.
He is nowhere near as front and centre as a PM should be. Not that it's a bad thing but he is the PM.

On a similar note wtf is this middle name about ?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

I have seen some people say it can take weeks to really get over, probably more so if you’re hospitalised

Yup, like many a virus, they leave you washed out. I recovered fairly quickly (which is great as never know how things will conflict with the brain aches) but it is 10 weeks on now and my chest still isn't right. Apparently can cause a bit of lung damage, so I guess it will just take time.