Coronavirus | Page 263 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

have they invaded Looe yet or have they closed the Tamar bridges to keep them out
There are a few 57, but no, by and large it is still fairly quiet.
No more than three or four people queuing to get in shops, one or two little cafes now open, but not really many people going in.
I think we have got away lightly down here and locals want to keep it that way and are still staying in.

There are a few 57, but no, by and large it is still fairly quiet.
No more than three or four people queuing to get in shops, one or two little cafes now open, but not really many people going in.
I think we have got away lightly down here and locals want to keep it that way and are still staying in.

Yes, you are very lucky, a fantastic place to live except it's too far for home games and the locals don't really like us do they

Yes, you are very lucky, a fantastic place to live except it's too far for home games and the locals don't really like us do they
Home games are a bit of a trudge up the M5 but I still get exited doing the trip if you can believe that.
With regard to the locals 57 I have always got on very well with the Cornish, they are good people. Say what they think and tough if you dont like it.
What I know really pisses them off is, and it has to be said,it is usually the Londoners in particular who move down here then complain about everything and try and change it to what they have left behind in London.
The pace of life is slow and presumably that is why you would want to live here, just fit in and be a part of it and you are accepted.
Take the piss and you wont last long.

I am a healthy advocate of the police doing anything they god dam please. You get these idiots on youtube refusing to get out of their car etc because it's not law etc etc.
Faced with a law breaker then for me, police should be able to do anything they want.
Someone calls them a pig.... they should be able to smash that idiot up with whatever they want.
351 deaths today. The numbers are not coming down despite what the government say and neither is the R rate.
Yep, it's like the second peak is just waiting to explode isnt it. And if we peak with baseline numbers like this. God help us.

I've done myself a favour, watched the news before the briefing, fast forwarded to the end of the briefing, but spared myself listening to that robot. First time I've not listened since they started. A bank holiday treat for me.

I contribute and follow the COVID app (not the government one) as I love a bit of numbers and statistics. Most areas are around 0.7-0.8% infected, interesting Sandwell is one of the better areas in the West Midlands whilst Redditch is above 1% (which seemed to be hit later from Fear’s posts earlier in this thread). Birmingham is also worse than Sandwell.

Point of the above - the virus does seem to be burning out due to lockdown in the areas worse hit at the beginning, and those slightly behind seem to have caught up but hopefully getting over the hill.

Then came “Stay alert” and “go back to work”. It’ll be interesting to compare the chart in a week or two, I reckon a darker shade of red all round.94EA9809-7DBC-4BCB-BEDF-19257FDBF78B.jpeg

What a surprise! Do as I say not as I do...

Dominic Cummings travelled hundreds of miles from London to County Durham during the lockdown when he had virus symptoms, the BBC has been told.

A source close to the PM's chief aide confirmed reports he and his wife went to his parent's home to self-isolate.

But the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said she had been told Mr Cummings did not break government guidance because he and his wife stayed in a separate building.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

That's the thing, like the one I posted that one person have a nose and a throat swab is registered as two tests. None of this hypocrisy and none of these lies surprise you anymore do they?

That's the thing, like the one I posted that one person have a nose and a throat swab is registered as two tests. None of this hypocrisy and none of these lies surprise you anymore do they?
I know, I was gobsmacked that that counted as two tests - like the gloves in the PPE figures being counted individually to bulk up the numbers. Pathetic, as if no one would see through the guff and bluster and downright lies.

Unbelievable. Renders the lockdown pretty pointless in many respects. And we still have to wait until the 8th June for any kind of quarantine measures.

More than 12,500 international flights landed in the UK during lockdown – including passenger and cargo planes.

An analysis of flight data by Channel 4 News shows the extent that international air traffic continued, while Brits were told to stay home.

International arrivals included more than 450 flights from China’s main airports.

Around the same number came to the UK from New York, which now has the highest number of confirmed cases of any state in the US.

Arrivals also included at least 250 planes from Milan, in northern Italy – one of the early coronavirus hotspots – with another 206 coming from Rome.

https://www.channel4.com/news/how-effective-is-travel-quarantine-and-a-travel-ban/

Yes. Thoroughly depressing.

A lot of people have done everything asked of them to help contain the spread of this virus , yet here we have the PM chief adviser and his wife , both with the virus (or symptoms of it) travelling hundreds of miles to his parents who presumably were in the at risk category , when his own slogan at the time was to "stay in" and "save lives". Even Johnson said in a speech that children should not be taken to their Grandparents.

But hey ho according to the Government he has done nothing wrong. Might as well get back to normal then and just fuck it all.

Yep, it's like the second peak is just waiting to explode isnt it. And if we peak with baseline numbers like this. God help us.

Very strongly mentioned in Mrs M's senior management meeting yesterday.
Being planned for and expected. Sooner rather than later.

Bank holiday weekend and Eid celebrations tomorrow as well.

There will be no sense of anyone isolating this weekend , of that I am sure.

This is not unusual but on my trip the vets the other day I pulled up at traffic light as they were red. Next to me is a car with an Asian family two adults and 3 kids all togged up in the car with surgical gloves and masks, windows all wide open and a little girl hanging out of the window. Guess what none of the 3 kids were wearing a seat belt or in child seats.
This is how stupid people are :shake: