Coronavirus | Page 81 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The Pizza takeaways will be closing next, domino effect
giphy.webp

I think I will be working from home by the end of the week. I have Crohns Disease and am on a drug called Azathioprine which is an immunosuppressant. I was off work anyway the week before last with a chest infection and went back last Wednesday but have been office based due to the medication im on. However Government advice has changed all that today. NHS England are saying I’m moderately at risk and so should practice enhanced social distancing. So I can’t see how I can continue being in an office where other members of staff are coming in and out from visiting patients. Anything I’m doing in the office I can do remotely anyway so can’t see it being an issue. Dad is having to self isolate for 12 weeks too, he is currently having Chemotherapy for his multiple Myeloma cancer.

Concerning times. The next 3 weeks or so is going to be testing. Rising numbers of cases and deaths. The NHS is struggling as it is. Our trust were 55% down on staff last week due to sickness. Not sure how we are going to cope to be perfectly honest.

What really worries me is how the Chinese have been spraying the air , roads , buildings on a mega industrial scale and now it's happening in Italy. Not sure about Spain. If this virus can live on surfaces for long periods of time that's worrisome.

I think I will be working from home by the end of the week. I have Crohns Disease and am on a drug called Azathioprine which is an immunosuppressant. I was off work anyway the week before last with a chest infection and went back last Wednesday but have been office based due to the medication im on. However Government advice has changed all that today. NHS England are saying I’m moderately at risk and so should practice enhanced social distancing. So I can’t see how I can continue being in an office where other members of staff are coming in and out from visiting patients. Anything I’m doing in the office I can do remotely anyway so can’t see it being an issue. Dad is having to self isolate for 12 weeks too, he is currently having Chemotherapy for his multiple Myeloma cancer.

Concerning times. The next 3 weeks or so is going to be testing. Rising numbers of cases and deaths. The NHS is struggling as it is. Our trust were 55% down on staff last week due to sickness. Not sure how we are going to cope to be perfectly honest.

Look after number 1 mate, that’s my advice. If you feel you’re at risk don’t go in, worst they can do is sack you and they haven’t got the resource to do that.

What really worries me is how the Chinese have been spraying the air , roads , buildings on a mega industrial scale and now it's happening in Italy. Not sure about Spain. If this virus can live on surfaces for long periods of time that's worrisome.

It worries me that the Chinese have been nuking the dark side of the moon and creating animal/human hybrids to send into space.

They have announced that the motorways are closed here. They are all toll roads so they close the toll booths and that's that.

In better news, the number of new cases was down yesterday for the first time. Hopefully, that's the effect of lockdown kicking in.

The data from Germany is really quite impressive and they were far more proactive than us early doors by the looks of things.

I can see what astonion was saying about online shopping.

Just wasted 40 mins doing an order with Tesco, only to be told there are no delivery or pick up slots.

OK, I get it, they are busy and can't deliver or order pick. Fine. But why on earth not say that at the start of the process? Why piss me off by wasting that time filling a basket, being told they are in stock, only to not be able to have delivered or pick up?

And where is the priority for those meant to be self isolating? The old, the sick, the disabled? Maybe that is too soon to expect, again, fine, systems do take time to develop and we all know we are in very strange times.

Just seems odd my first experience for years (online shopping for groceries) makes me even more certain it is rubbish!

I have politely contacted them to to say I am self isolating blah blah blah, but just to ask why take an order if they are full to brimming demand wise. I'd totally understand if I was told at the start of the process.
My first job every morning is to see if they have added anymore delivery spots. Fortunately with ASDA you can check before you go to the trouble of compiling an order. I have a del booked for the 4th Apr and instead of ordering just what I need I will now wait until 2 days before and order the max allowed on everything. This is adding to the problem of shortages but what else can I do.

My first job every morning is to see if they have added anymore delivery spots. Fortunately with ASDA you can check before you go to the trouble of compiling an order. I have a del booked for the 4th Apr and instead of ordering just what I need I will now wait until 2 days before and order the max allowed on everything. This is adding to the problem of shortages but what else can I do.

Where I live we can't get a delivery slot right up until Easter. The same applies for their click and collect too. Yesterday I had to break my self-isolation to get bog rolls and a few other essentials. Despite being holed up I didn't panic buy and only got what we required for the next few days.

Where I live we can't get a delivery slot right up until Easter. The same applies for their click and collect too. Yesterday I had to break my self-isolation to get bog rolls and a few other essentials. Despite being holed up I didn't panic buy and only got what we required for the next few days.
Same here mate nothing at all for the next few weeks and I think the longer it goes on the more of us will just say sod it I need supplies.

Some companies are getting rich from this self-isolation / stores closed etc.

My wife and eldest son work for Amazon and are working 6 days a week to help cope with the demand. Mind you they are paying them an incredible amount to go in.

Top tip:

When ordering online with Tesco, you can book your slot before you start shopping, so if there are no slots available (which there aren't around here for weeks) then you need not waste your time shopping for items which are probably not in stock anyway.

:tophat: