Coronavirus | Page 56 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I'll have you know my post was perfectly clear. School breaks up on Friday every week normally.

Last day of school isn't Saturday after all lol

Not sure these probably things are of much use to be fair, that's where panic sets in.

Very strange times we are living in though!

I saw my 78 year old disabled mother on the weekend because she was desperate to see the grandchildren. She now has a virus infection, hopefully just a normal cold but she sounds terrible on the phone, and it is a worry. So don't give in to pressure folks, be sensible and stay away from vulnerable people, it isn't worth the worry.

Been thinking about you recently randy.stand. Hope all is well, what with the job you do. At least you know how to wash your hands mate (I remember you talking about the lessons you had back in the day and us being the typical mickey takers!)

Both the local bus companies here in Hull are looking into reducing running times of services. This week has been pitiful revenue wise for our bus company. Alot of buses are hardly picking up any passengers, many actually running empty. I had a run to do today around the rush hour time and don't think I had more than 6 people on it - it is usually rammed. One of the main artery roads through the city (the one that goes over the flyover and past the football stadium for those of you who have been here) at that time of day is nose to tail traffic and it can take upto 25 minutes to get down it. I went straight down with no problems, the road was almost empty. I had to pull over 3 times to allow time to catch me up so I didnt go through the timing points before I should of. We now have 6 drivers off who have had to self isolate and it is only going to get worse. If this is just the start of the pandemic in the UK, I can see companies like mine, a multi billion pound global concern, actually laying staff off cos the revenue is not going to match the wage structure if this continues into late summer. The UK economy could come crashing down and with no European Union bail out or help, who knows what the future holds for all of us in the UK, job losses could run in to the hundreds of thousands.