Coronavirus | Page 33 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

PMSL

I'd love to be there for that!

Name Villa's goalscorer in the 1957 FA Cup Final?

List how contagious your are by order of illnesses?

Tell me how many people moved when you began sweating on the last question and muttered FFS?

What I can't understand is that the majority of none productive office staff could work from home perhaps this virus will change the way half the country works.

What I can't understand is that the majority of none productive office staff could work from home perhaps this virus will change the way half the country works.

Or people will start getting fired when companies realise how little they actually do?

Or people will start getting fired when companies realise how little they actually do?

Funny thing is I worked as a prototype build engineer which meant I had to be at work to "look after" the lads on the shop floor and help out with issues. The company used to let the Shop floor supervisor who was in charge of the personnel to work from home when SHE wanted to! Which meant I ended up running the Projects and the workshop as I was the first person anyone would come to
Trust me JLR is vastly overmanned, TATA are being taken for a ride

Yes many people do feck all, as they seem to spend most of the day on VV:yes:

Funny thing is I worked as a prototype build engineer which meant I had to be at work to "look after" the lads on the shop floor and help out with issues. The company used to let the Shop floor supervisor who was in charge of the personnel to work from home when SHE wanted to! Which meant I ended up running the Projects and the workshop as I was the first person anyone would come to

In the university I worked in before I came here, there was an accountant in our department who worked 2 hours per day. After 11am he couldn't be found or contacted and nobody seemed to care. He had kind of slipped into a crack where he didn't have a boss or much work to do. The head of the accounts department worked from home 3 days a week but couldn't be contacted while she was "working from home".

One of the department heads was a motivated guy. He applied for a load of research grant money and got it. He had a very big team under him and they were all insanely jealous of him but wouldn't even submit a grant application form.

It's really kicking in here in Mallorca. ALL flights with Jet 2 etc have been cancelled this morning to the Balearic Islands and the hotel where my son works is closing down until?...............Who knows.

I was forced to go shopping yesterday in a huge Carrefour and it was total madness with no-where to even park the car.

Desperate times here as it's the tourists that so many local people incomes rely on.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/

Last edited:
Too little too late.
It is but still important.

However it has been an absolutely shocking response overall. The World Health Organisation has rightly been very critical of it.

I really expect schools nationwide to be closed by the end of next week. If I had kids I'd be taking them out now as I wouldn't personally want them to be apart of this herd immunity experiment.

Could be an interesting slant on the,"Those that can do, those that can't teach." notion. When the schools close because the teachers can't teach because they're down with the virus, what will those that can do, do when faced with having to find something for their kids, who now have nothing to do, to do. ?
I'll get me coat.

:whist: