Coronavirus | Page 8 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

African swing fever could wipe out half of China’s pork.

Which will massively push the price of Pork up, along with the other commodities the consumers switch in to (Chicken, Beef). 1bn people still need to eat... wouldn’t want to be the pet dog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50833054

Pig slaughtering video - just seen the video of the pig slaughtering, that’s hard to watch wish I didn’t. Chinese are some fucked up people, they are stupid for a start, which doesn’t help trying to exterminate animals humanely.

Last edited:
Barbaric and disgusting. They eat dogs aswell and puppies . They eat bats and mice while they are alive , killing them with bites . Disgusting

I've always been interested in this line....

Why is it okay to eat meat you don't keep as pets, but if something can be kept as a pet, it goes off the menu - but it doesn't apply to horse or rabbit?

Meat is meat isn't it.

I've always been interested in this line....

Why is it okay to eat meat you don't keep as pets, but if something can be kept as a pet, it goes off the menu - but it doesn't apply to horse or rabbit?

Meat is meat isn't it.

Cats and dogs are eaten too.

But I assume you're talking about the western world, not that I've had rabbit or horse either (not that I know of).

I've had rabbit. I've had ostrich. I've had chicken feet (a chicken foot). I've had crocodile jerky.

I think shellfish (apart from crab) is disgusting. Even fish is fairly ropey. Otherwise, if it's meat, I'd probably try it unless it's a rodent.

Cats and dogs are eaten too.

But I assume you're talking about the western world, not that I've had rabbit or horse either (not that I know of).
No probs Sil - wasn't being overly cheeky as I'd meant to raise it before when talking about food, but that reminded me lol

Agree SJH, seems a funny line in the 'western world' when it comes to what's acceptable and what isn't as a food source - no doubt if the mini Pig craze had happened a 100 or so years ago, Pig would be looked at slightly differently as well.

Same as the reaction to insects etc....but I might be taking this wildly off topic now lol

I have had rabbit in a rabbit and pistachio terrine - nice with cornichons and sourdough toast, but I wouldn't go out of my way to order it.

Horse though? Isn't that what they serve at kebab shops up and down the land?

I’m happy to eat most kinds of meat, although I do find pet animals strange being western.

The bit I don’t like is an animal suffering, so I don’t eat Halal meat at work which is sometimes on offer. If religion means you have to kill an animal a certain way I’m glad I’m a humanist.

Incredible BBC news at ten completely blanked all coverage of the virus in mainland china yet spent time on a reality tv presenter killing herself. News control