Coronavirus | Page 692 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Certainly didn't think either of those were 100% confirmed facts, no.

No, just wondered if I'd missed something somewhere - so wanted to check.

We know people can get Covid twice, yes it's rare it seems, but not impossible and we know vaccines cut transmission by a good % but not 100%.

Last edited:
"It was never about health, it's about control."

"We demand TV debates into Covid vax dangers".

"Defy, resist, do not comply."

Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Defy their stupidity, resist their ignorance, do not treat them.

There, that is my banner.

Fucking Muppets

That is another!

https://express.co.uk/news/uk/14526...ockdown-crowd-Downing-Street-update-pictures?

Should charge them all for the cost of this. ****s

A couple of Daily Express links recently JF, you need to have a good explanation for this... :fish:

I saw Hancock on the BBC Breakfast showing crediting himself for leading the vaccination programme, working closely with Boris over the past 6-7 months I think he said (which in itself is surprising as the world knew there was a pandemic 18 months ago and it hit badly over 14 months ago but anyway).

Someone smarter than me can explain this, what exactly have the government done which is so extraordinary? And if the government deserve any credit, shouldn’t it be the vaccine minister?

The vaccine was developed by private/educational institutions

The government approved it quickly (fair enough)

The government procured the vaccine - pretty standard government thing to do. They made a good decision to get on with it and not sign up to the European programme granted.

The NHS full of “foreigners” (quote Dido Harding) has rolled out the vaccine which is a similar operation in terms of complexity to that of giving blood just on an enormous scale. If the NHS was not able to do this, and the army or other services were used to do something new, then it would be extraordinary.

In the meantime, health care has actually stopped and there is a ticking time bomb of delays that will impact the friends and family of every single one of us over the next 5-10 years I imagine. Perhaps just a hinderance, but it could be worse.

So what exactly have the government leaders (Bozo, Hancock et al) done which gives them any credit for the vaccine rollout?

A couple of Daily Express links recently JF, you need to have a good explanation for this... :fish:

Laziness if I'm honest. I entered a competition, to enter it, I had to subscribe to their email list. And I've not unsubscribed. Be thankful it isn't The Mirrror I am linking to! I tell you what, that thing is an absolute rag!

Laziness if I'm honest. I entered a competition, to enter it, I had to subscribe to their email list. And I've not unsubscribed. Be thankful it isn't The Mirrror I am linking to! I tell you what, that thing is an absolute rag!
Funny but true tale.
I am on an away day special back in the old Third Division days going up north somewhere.
That morning Mom had ironed my favourite trousers, best top, scarf knotted round my neck, feeling the dogs bollocks.
Bloke sat opposite says why have you got The Daily Mirror on your trousers.
Mother had used a steam iron, and the Mirror, and to my horror there was a perfect transfer of the Mirror masthead on my best trousers.
Just about every bugger saw it after that, couldnt wait to get home.

https://actions.oxfam.org/great-britain/peoples-vaccine-v3/petition/

Right now, the whole world is dependent on just a handful of pharmaceutical corporations who simply cannot make enough vaccines for everyone. But Big Pharma are refusing to share the vaccine science and know-how – science that was largely funded by taxpayers. If this vital information was shared freely, qualified manufacturers around the world could produce Covid vaccines at the scale we urgently need. We could have a People’s Vaccine – not a profit vaccine.

Over 100 low-income countries, 170+ Nobel laureates, former world leaders and over 2 million people worldwide are calling for the patents to be temporarily lifted, and the vaccine science shared, until everyone is protected. President Biden has now joined this call. But right now, the UK Government is blocking – not backing – this request.

https://actions.oxfam.org/great-britain/peoples-vaccine-v3/petition/

Right now, the whole world is dependent on just a handful of pharmaceutical corporations who simply cannot make enough vaccines for everyone. But Big Pharma are refusing to share the vaccine science and know-how – science that was largely funded by taxpayers. If this vital information was shared freely, qualified manufacturers around the world could produce Covid vaccines at the scale we urgently need. We could have a People’s Vaccine – not a profit vaccine.

Over 100 low-income countries, 170+ Nobel laureates, former world leaders and over 2 million people worldwide are calling for the patents to be temporarily lifted, and the vaccine science shared, until everyone is protected. President Biden has now joined this call. But right now, the UK Government is blocking – not backing – this request.
i did read that the Astra Zenica vaccine was delivered on a not for profit basis, only for the EU vaccine manufactures and others to renage and start charging governments their usual cost for medecines.
Astra lost a significant amount of money as a result.

i did read that the Astra Zenica vaccine was delivered on a not for profit basis, only for the EU vaccine manufactures and others to renage and start charging governments their usual cost for medecines.
Astra lost a significant amount of money as a result.

Ah, that pesky EU is to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinning:

Not 100%, but would be surprised if Oxfam were putting their name to something without having their facts straight on the PM. I could very easily be wrong, certainly no intention of trying to research this any deeper, but hope some more info comes out

AZ is the only one being sold at cost I believe, so I think the nuance is Bojo is saying patent is irrelevant as we're producing at cost anyway.

It's a bit naughty as Bojo has no say whatsoever when it comes to Pfizer, Moderna et al.

No updates for UK vaccinations as yet today apparently.

1624375535207.png

1378 hospital / 227 on ventilators

128 008 deaths within 28 days. Seems a long, long, time ago when it was said 20 000 deaths would be a 'good' outcome.

152 490 with covid on the death certificate.