Coronavirus | Page 685 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I wouldn't say I'm 'desperate' to do anything. I've quite enjoyed the last 18 months of I'm completely honest.

But I am now of the opinion that we are in exactly the same position with Covid as we are with flu. i.e a constantly mutating and evolving virus that we have a vaccine for and most elderly and at risk people are vaccinated.

If anything we're in a better position with Covid than flu, as more people have taken up the vaccine than would take the flu vaccine.

So I'm not actually sure what we're waiting for now in terms of 'getting back to normal and learning to live with it'. It's not going away. So sooner or later we need to just get on with it and I'm really not convinced 4 more weeks of nightclub closures and half empty sporting stadiums is going to make a jot of difference
agree with that . some stuff good has come from this though like enhanced cleaning standards , social distancing i quite like aswell (2m) , having to book visits to the tip rather than queue for an hour to get in. There are some positives amongst the shit

I wouldn't say I'm 'desperate' to do anything. I've quite enjoyed the last 18 months of I'm completely honest.

But I am now of the opinion that we are in exactly the same position with Covid as we are with flu. i.e a constantly mutating and evolving virus that we have a vaccine for and most elderly and at risk people are vaccinated.

If anything we're in a better position with Covid than flu, as more people have taken up the vaccine than would take the flu vaccine.

So I'm not actually sure what we're waiting for now in terms of 'getting back to normal and learning to live with it'. It's not going away. So sooner or later we need to just get on with it and I'm really not convinced 4 more weeks of nightclub closures and half empty sporting stadiums is going to make a jot of difference

Meant more rhetorical mate rather than pointed :thumbup:

My other responses answer the points you made here in terms of why wait a bit more, so I won't repeat myself.

I will pick up 'better position'. Latest evidence shows this isn't an oldies issue now, it's a 40+ issue with serious reactions even if it doesn't result in death ultimately. The media focus on 65+ wrongly and ignored the younger reactions so it's given lots of people the wrong impression on what Covid can do.

Yes we have to open up at somepoint and live with this, but whilst we are basically talking masks, distancing, no nightclubs - what's wrong with waiting for first doses to get to 90% and second doses to get to at least 80%.

We also know enough to know it's not the flu, so the comparison doesn't work when talking about variants and being in a better position. Look what happened last time the science bods got the wrong strain vaccine. For Covid, we are still building that data to begin with so we are miles behind the potential ramifications.

Magnetic vaccine crystals!

LMFAO!

Re John Oliver and some Republican who stuck a key to her chest before saying her neck was magnetic as well - but the key wouldn't stick.

:rofl:

New world order. Jesus. The same as the queen is a lizard, Prince Charles has been executed with Madonna and space isn't real.
Bill gates leading the NWO with the vaccine Chip. Well bill gates can piss off. I've not buzzed my tits off once since having my jab. Tosser

Well last nights announcement was a very bad known secret. Johnson as usually wasn't in parliament to tell them. Sir Lindsay Hoyle (SOTH) finally grew a pair with his statement on it.

I wish we could bring back "order" and the man himself John Bercow

We will be stuck with Johnson for as long we have the Virus because nobody else wants the job. You can bet that once we are on top of it there will be a leadership challenge and there will be a queue of takers. Its like a poisoned challis until we get it beat and why would anybody risk their reputation. Who will it be when he goes I have no idea Rishi, maybe.

A (long) but very interesting read: https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/the-pm-on-hancock-totally-fucking

Dominic Cummings really has it in for Matt Hancock and has tweeted a Whatsapp screenshot where Johnson apparently calls MH "totally fucking hopeless" (possibly the first time Johnson has been right about anything, ever).

View attachment 49611

I’m only part of the way through, but if you plotted the posts from this thread against the timelines, even us clueless lot on here were saying all the things Cummings is saying - proving us right. (after we realised it wasn’t just flu)

Last edited:
I see "they" are trying to make it compulsory for care home staff to be vaccinated.
About time in my view. No doubt the human rights brigade will be out opposing it.
If it was up to me everyone capable of having it would have to have it or stay the feck at home permanently.
That's how to do it you fluffy-haired bumbling twat!

On 20 April, Hancock faced intense pressure. Under Raab, the meetings were less pleasant for everybody but much more productive because unlike the PM a) Raab can chair meetings properly instead of telling rambling stories and jokes, b) he let good officials actually question people so we started to get to the truth, unlike the PM who as soon as things get ‘a bit embarrassing’ does the whole ‘let’s take it offline’ shtick before shouting ‘forward to victory’, doing a thumbs-up and pegging it out of the room before anybody can disagree.

:LOL:

Exactly a year on from the discovery that a cheap steroid drug prevented Covid deaths, researchers say they have found another life-saving therapy.
It is expensive - a potent intravenous infusion of antibodies to neutralise the virus, rather than dampen the body's inflammatory response to it.
Results from the Recovery trial suggest it could help one in three of those in hospital with severe Covid.
For every 100 patients treated, experts calculate, it would save six lives.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57488150

A deaf campaigner is taking legal action against the government, after complaining that it failed to provide in-person British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters at No 10 Covid briefings.
Katherine Rowley, 36, from Leeds, says the government breached its obligations under the Equality Act to make broadcasts accessible to deaf people.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57496730