Coronavirus | Page 554 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last updated on Tuesday 26 January 2021 at 4:35pm

1611679711196.png

100 162 died within 28 days and 103 602 with COVID on their death certificates.

37 561 in hospital. 4032 on ventilators.

I missed the update, my missus reckoned Boris said he calls the family of everyone who has died. Can someone clarify if that’s what he said?

Shameful.

Everyone of them failed by a government too scared and weak to make decisions that other countries (Aus, NZ) did.

And everyone of them failed by the selfish acts of their fellow countrymen/fcuktards .
Every person who refused to wear a mask, thought the rules were not for them, thought covid was fake, thought it was OK to party, travel around the country unnecessarily, sit on Bournemouth. You are to blame aswell.

Last edited:

Shameful.

Everyone of them failed by a government to scared and weak to make decisions that other countries (Aus, NZ) did.

And everyone of them failed by the selfish acts of their fellow countrymen/fcuktards .
Every person who refused to wear a mask, thought the rules were not for them, thought covid was fake, thought it was OK to party, travel around the country unnecessarily, sit on Bournemouth. You are to blame aswell.

In fairness mate, there are more sheep in NZ than people> England, not the UK is one of the most heavily populated countries. We have more than our fair share of I'll do what I like brigade as well, hence we get more like America every year.
You only have to mention lockdown and they are out there protesting about human rights and all the other bollocks of freedom. We need mounted police with batons

We passed 3,000 deaths in the Republic today.
That'd be about 40,000 if this part of Ireland had the same population as the UK.

The rules are really very simple. And always have been. But Boris has made them difficult with stupid speaches, 'stay at home,work from home but go to work if you cant, stay in but eat out'bla bla bla. The list is endless of his over complicating ways.
From March last year. No one goes to work apart from key workers. No one goes in, no one goes out the country. Have the army policing the motorways and hotspots etc. This would all have been a long distance memory by now and the economy would be on the way back.
Instead we have another impending doom of a year and feels like there is no hope.
I look back and this just seems like we did half a job with everything. Half arsed lockdowns and gave people way too much freedom to bend the rules which they are still doing.
This country is full of tossers.

Good documentary on BBC2 about the discovery of the virus called 54 Days. The WHO had a very difficult job to get the information diplomatically and did it well, despite their tarnished reputation. A western based health service up against a reclusive authoritarian regime was always going to be hard work.

My thoughts are well known on the ****. But for once if he'd answered a question, admitted despite best efforts mistakes had been made and he hoped people would understand in a situation like this, whilst not acceptable and mistakes had to be learned from, it was understandable......etc.

I may have had a shred of respect for him.

And re @danvilla2 earlier point about ringing people, I would be absolutely amazed if that was right as well.

Is it something like 92 cases of the Brazil/South African variant now tagged and we only shut down travel on Monday. Fuck off doing everything you could, unless you mean pandering to doners and 1922 committee who have got itchy.