Coronavirus | Page 551 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Having to pay people £500 to stay at home is shame on the people. I am lucky in that I haven’t stopped working, so I am conscious that people are hard up and they need supporting. But for people to have to be paid to stay in just shows the stupidity of British people, who are always looking for a free dinner quite literally.

Friday 22nd:

1611335413194.png

38 562 in hospital and 3960 on ventilators.

95 981 now dead within 28 days and 95 829 with COVID on their death certification

Having to pay people £500 to stay at home is shame on the people. I am lucky in that I haven’t stopped working, so I am conscious that people are hard up and they need supporting. But for people to have to be paid to stay in just shows the stupidity of British people, who are always looking for a free dinner quite literally.

No, for some it would be to their shame. For those who have slipped through the net though, zero hour, some self employed, etc, if they don't go out and work, they don't get any money.

No, for some it would be to their shame. For those who have slipped through the net though, zero hour, some self employed, etc, if they don't go out and work, they don't get any money.

Yes, and those people need supporting, and the same as tradesmen.

But not paying every Tom, dick and harry who are salaried is just wrong in my opinion.

But not paying every Tom, dick and harry who are salaried is just wrong in my opinion.

Agreed, if that is what is proposed or is being done.

Should be means tested and should have to have a positive test result or clear proof (if only the gov had thought of doing a track and trace system) that they have been in contact with someone with a positive result.

Will I be paid if I have to self-isolate?
A £500 grant has been made available in England to people on low incomes who have to self-isolate.

But three quarters of those who applied between October and December were rejected.

In Scotland people can apply for the Self-Isolation Support Grant, worth £500, and there is a similar scheme in Wales. In Northern Ireland a discretionary payment is available.

You may also be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay if you are self-isolating. This is £95.85 a week and may be more if your employer has a sick pay scheme.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-54239922

When I was contracting, I didn't get any sick pay, holiday pay or feck all and I doubt they would pay me £500 quid to stay at home either.
I think there are thousands in that boat now, dropped like a stone by companies easing their way around the employment laws, that's before all the Zero hours people who work in shops that are non essential

Senior doctors are calling on England's chief medical officer to cut the gap between the first and second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

Prof Chris Whitty said extending the maximum wait from three to 12 weeks was a "public health decision" to get the first jab to more people across the UK.

But the British Medical Association said that was "difficult to justify" and should be changed to six weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

Senior doctors are calling on England's chief medical officer to cut the gap between the first and second doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

Prof Chris Whitty said extending the maximum wait from three to 12 weeks was a "public health decision" to get the first jab to more people across the UK.

But the British Medical Association said that was "difficult to justify" and should be changed to six weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084
Well the UK government has shown such decisive leadership throughout the pandemic that I for one am prepared to trust them on this.

Said no one ever.

Even though only 400 under 60’s have died from COVID, and even though the vaccine might not prevent the spread, why would anyone with half a logical brain would cut corners with the over 60’s? Get those people, front line staff and high risk patients if any age done properly. Get them fully protected so that if it spreads, the death rate will be hopefully low.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55765875

Oh dear oh dear. Such a shame the world can't just totally boycott all their goods, see how quickly they would investigate then.

I had just read that article .

All this time I hadn’t actually realised how closely related the laboratory in Wuhan was to the virus in terms of what it is there to study .

I am not a conspiracy theory nut, I’m a million miles away from one, but bloody hell that is just too much. The world is a bloody big place and the one place there is a virology lab the outbreak starts.....
Too much even for me that.

All this time I hadn’t actually realised how closely related the laboratory in Wuhan was to the virus in terms of what it is there to study .

I am not a conspiracy theory nut, I’m a million miles away from one, but bloody hell that is just too much. The world is a bloody big place and the one place there is a virology lab the outbreak starts.....

Same as you, I’m not a conspiracy believer as I can generally read articles quite objectively stripping out the emotion behind the messaging.

The WHO have to incorporate the lab into their studies for two reasons. Firstly, we know how easily the virus spreads so it’s conceivable that the virus was transmitted from a scientist who went to a food market. Secondly, blaming poor people who visit such awful animal markets is an easy blame for the Chinese authorities.

I’m not sat here believing it was a conspiracy that somehow made its way from a lab, but the risk in Wuhan is higher than anywhere else in the world - which could be a coincidence - but it needs to be ruled out.

If China refuses a clean and fair investigation, the western world should impose serious sanctions on China, the problem is that’s their free ticket for a pacific islands invasion.

And for all Trumps fault, he was right to challenge China on the virus - he just did it in completely the wrong way. I hope Biden holds them to account, in a more diplomatic but forceful way.

Talking of conspiracies though, it looks like the Chinese have a few of their own which they’ve planted with their people.

yes, same not into conspiracy theories but........... And I did read a good while back, I am sure, that the wet market is close to the laboratory as well.

Probably still more likely from bat to other animal, from other now infected animal, to the Chinese food chain. But does seem remarkable the place the virus started (didn't start if any Chinese authorities are reading this, dear sirs, great country, lovely system you have, doffs cap {utter ****s} ) is where a labatory is studying these viruses.

Last edited:
yes, same not into conspiracy theories but........... And I did read a good while back, I am sure, that the wet market is close to the laboratory as well.

Probably still more likely from bat to other animal, from other now infected animal, to the Chinese food chain. But does seem remarkable the place the virus started (didn't start if any Chinese authorities are reading this, dear sirs, great country, lovely system you have, doffs cap {utter ****s} ) is where a lavatory is studying these viruses.

Whole place is a toilet mate.
:jangel: