Coronavirus | Page 548 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Every article in The Guardian gets filtered through their racist/sexist lense.
Yes I stopped reading articles from the guardian a few years exactly because of that. Sick of reading how everything wrong with the world is my fault as a white male. Some of their “feminist” writers in particular wouldn’t be tolerated if their views were targeted at any other members of society

As for people refusing the take the vaccine, people have to take responsibility for their own lives, their own decisions and the things they choose to believe. If they want to believe absurd and bizarre conspiracy theories then that’s their choice and ultimately they should be left to pay the price of their own stupidity and selfishness. It has nothing to do with ethnicity - maybe trying to blame everything on race, gender, sexuality and other external factors rather than focusing on individuals isn’t the answer to everything, or indeed many things for that matter.

These people need to pull their fingers out of their backsides and live in the real world and not in the world of ridiculous make-believe conspiracies. The government also should be saying if you refuse the vaccine for no good reason then social distancing and restrictions applies for you until Covid is gone forever which probably isn’t going to be for a very long time. No doubt once these people start seeing a list of things they can’t do on safety grounds they’ll suddenly come round to the idea.

Yup unfortunately whilst I'm sure we can all accept there is some lagging systemic racism and sexism at play which does have an effect here (wealth, types of jobs taken etc) but there's still a high degree of choice (especially in today's society, particularly for younger generations) so the blame game doesn't wash 100% as an excuse - even though I accept there's probably a higher number of wronguns in positions of power than we'd like to think and too many still have a bad experience purely because they are ethnic or female (or these days LBTetc).

There's also ingrained and retained cultural elements at play that have nothing to do with racism or sexism, and even though that's painted as 'systemic' it remains a choice so blame cannot come into it here either if you are logical.

I can more than see why older generations could be distrustful given experiences in the 60/70/80 etc but a memory of racism doesn't mean that would now be 100% the experience moving forward.

I was born in Brum, in my life I have seen six white GPs (2 female, 4 male), in my experience there is a lack of black GPs (but not nurses etc) but have seen plenty of good Asian GPs and I've obvious never questioned their particular religion etc.

But that's my boggle here...I don't get how BAME communities can realistically (on a race front) claim to distrust an NHS that at least to my experience, is massively representational. Maybe that's different in your Cornwall's etc - so it seems like a lazy press excuse to gloss over some are just your commonal-garden facebook nutjobs as well.

But they don't quite want to say that for the perceived racism - ie they're dumb, just like sections of the rest of the planet.

I hope I've explained that well enough as I'm more than aware if I haven't I might need my tin hat on lol

Had to google what Lord Sumption had said.

What a vile individual.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-4-cancer-sufferer-life-valuable-others.html

I really try not to comment on the man who represented the banks in the OFT case and supported the fact that letters from banks saying it was for breach of contract couldn't be introduced as evidence or argued because they later pivoted to a service argument that wasn't covered under the UTTCR - when the legislation dealt with excessive charges for breach of contract.

Strange how some QC's forget they are supposed to go to court with clean hands and prioritise justice over their paymasters - but that's just an honest comment and not an accusation.

Horrible vile man and not the first time he's made himself a very qualified prick on the subject of Covid.

Back on topic, I was listening to Nick Ferrari on LBC this morning, I think he's a dick but one thing I picked up on was a survey he mentioned only 41% of 18-34-year-olds would definitely take the Jab.
Which sort of confirms my view that this is the age group who don't give a fuck.
Obviously, I mean 59% who are spreading it about

Yup unfortunately whilst I'm sure we can all accept there is some lagging systemic racism and sexism at play which does have an effect here (wealth, types of jobs taken etc) but there's still a high degree of choice (especially in today's society, particularly for younger generations) so the blame game doesn't wash 100% as an excuse - even though I accept there's probably a higher number of wronguns in positions of power than we'd like to think and too many still have a bad experience purely because they are ethnic or female (or these days LBTetc).

There's also ingrained and retained cultural elements at play that have nothing to do with racism or sexism, and even though that's painted as 'systemic' it remains a choice so blame cannot come into it here either if you are logical.

I can more than see why older generations could be distrustful given experiences in the 60/70/80 etc but a memory of racism doesn't mean that would now be 100% the experience moving forward.

I was born in Brum, in my life I have seen six white GPs (2 female, 4 male), in my experience there is a lack of black GPs (but not nurses etc) but have seen plenty of good Asian GPs and I've obvious never questioned their particular religion etc.

But that's my boggle here...I don't get how BAME communities can realistically (on a race front) claim to distrust an NHS that at least to my experience, is massively representational. Maybe that's different in your Cornwall's etc - so it seems like a lazy press excuse to gloss over some are just your commonal-garden facebook nutjobs as well.

But they don't quite want to say that for the perceived racism - ie they're dumb, just like sections of the rest of the planet.

I hope I've explained that well enough as I'm more than aware if I haven't I might need my tin hat on lol
From my personal experience, i have spent many many hours in hospitals. From what i see you couldnt get more BAME from top to bottom than in a hospital.

1610994313900.png

1610994344296.png

Awful seeing so many on ventilators. What the hell were people (and leaders) thinking over Xmas.

Vaccinations going up nicely, over 4m Need to see the 2nd doses rise.

Just under 90 000 deaths on both measurements now and still people can't follow the bloody rules and some idiots still deny covid.

1610994461377.png

Sometimes this bloke doesn't help himself.

The world is on the brink of "catastrophic moral failure" because of the unequal distribution of Covid vaccines, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned.
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it was not fair for younger, healthy people in richer nations to get the jab before vulnerable people in poorer states.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55709428

Now, whilst I'd love to see a world where all vaccines were priced at £0.00 and the chase for the £ or $ or whatever no longer existed, given the UK has already committed £540m or something to the combined WHO Covax thingy, how does he expect us to contribute to greater distribution unless we get our economy up and running eventually?

Wouldn't it make more sense to call out those countries not contributing properly rather than broadstroking everyone and unnecessarily getting backs up.

I’ve only just found out today was over 1600. Sixteen hundred! Didn’t even make my news feed updates unless I missed it.

The way I imagine high numbers of people is through relating to the away allocation at VP, that’s more deaths than most away clubs brought to VP as fans in the championship.

Mental statistic

Last edited: