Coronavirus | Page 539 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Which might all end up just soundbites, unless they all hire the staff able to deal with the fucktards. Some of the staff aren't big enough, or trained, to deal with aggressive gits who think their freedoms (sic) are being stripped from them.

Ban gypsies from all shops and we’ll be half way there

Think if you click those you'll get larger versions.

2nd (to America) largest numbers of new infections.

One of the biggest death rates in the world.

Goodness me,

Retailers suffered their worst annual sales performance on record in 2020, driven by slump in demand for fashion and homeware products, figures show.
While food sales growth rose 5.4% on 2019, non-food fell about 5%, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) said.

Nearly 180,000 retail jobs were lost last year, up by almost a quarter from 2019, the CRR said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55625246

Must admit I'm surprised non food only fell by 5%, and although shop/online wouldn't now be a surprise, that figure is horrific and I imagine a good couple of thousand could've been saved (at least for a time) had the Gov not permanently reacted late on furlough extensions.

Anyone who is not well enough to wear a mask in shops should get home delivery. Simple.
And not to wear a mask for 30 minutes... i would imagine you would need to be pretty much on your death bed. I dont get this asthma crap.
When i was in retail... i had people flash downloaded bullshit exemptions then come out with alcohol and fags. Absolute bullshit.
And there was one guy... he was either a loon or bullshitting or both. He always used to come in with full military gear. When i asked him about the mask he said he has breathing difficulties so exempt. Mmmmmm. Think you would be medically discharged from the army then pal. Either a selfish liar or a army wannabe selfish liar. Either way he was erm, lying. Tosser.
I agree with certain posts above. Cant wear a mask, your obviously not well enough to out of your house.
Too anxious to wear a face covering but swanning around a busy supermarket like you own the town. Get the feck outta here!

Retailers suffered their worst annual sales performance on record in 2020, driven by slump in demand for fashion and homeware products, figures show.
While food sales growth rose 5.4% on 2019, non-food fell about 5%, the British Retail Consortium (BRC) said.

Nearly 180,000 retail jobs were lost last year, up by almost a quarter from 2019, the CRR said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55625246

Must admit I'm surprised non food only fell by 5%, and although shop/online wouldn't now be a surprise, that figure is horrific and I imagine a good couple of thousand could've been saved (at least for a time) had the Gov not permanently reacted late on furlough extensions.

Like everyone else, I'm really hoping they can roll out the vaccines ASAP and we can get back to normal.

I think retail is really going to suffer badly if this drags on. Everyone has already bought all of the laptops, printers, furniture they need to work from home. They'll have filled their boots with exercise equipment too.

The good news is that the problem is a cash problem, not a credit problem.

I’m sat at home, with an online delivery per day of some sort - usually very low value items like battery’s or plugs but I did buy a new shelving unit last week. As you say BB, the jobs around the house are done or getting done, it’s why Wickes, B&Q, Halford etc have done well as people have sorted out their houses and their cars.

The temporary solution should be increasing the higher rate and additional rate by a few percent.

No higher rate tax payer is having to travel as much for work (saving money on petrol) and their lifestyles have reduced in a way that they’re outgoings will have reduced significantly.

Until furlough is over, increase higher rate to 45% and additional rate to 50%. I don’t see why this would affect many people of course there are always one or two, the biggest danger is tax evasion when you do this sort of thing and you end up short changed.

It’s a different way of people in those brackets spending money they would’ve spent anyway.

Just taken pooch out for a walk.

I can confirm that this country and the NHS is fcuked given the amount of cars still on the road despite a supposed national lockdown.

Putting the Great into Great Britain.

Anyone who is not well enough to wear a mask in shops should get home delivery. Simple.
And not to wear a mask for 30 minutes... i would imagine you would need to be pretty much on your death bed. I dont get this asthma crap.
When i was in retail... i had people flash downloaded bullshit exemptions then come out with alcohol and fags. Absolute bullshit.
And there was one guy... he was either a loon or bullshitting or both. He always used to come in with full military gear. When i asked him about the mask he said he has breathing difficulties so exempt. Mmmmmm. Think you would be medically discharged from the army then pal. Either a selfish liar or a army wannabe selfish liar. Either way he was erm, lying. Tosser.
I agree with certain posts above. Cant wear a mask, your obviously not well enough to out of your house.
Too anxious to wear a face covering but swanning around a busy supermarket like you own the town. Get the feck outta here!
Maybe I'm pretty unsympathetic and not thinking this through but I struggle to think of many medical conditions serious enough such that one cannot wear a mask outside of some pretty rare edge cases.

I see far too many people out there not wearing masks in supermarkets. The vast majority of them IMO do not have serious conditions.

I can confirm that this country and the NHS is fcuked given the amount of cars still on the road despite a supposed national lockdown.

Lollipop lady works right outside our house and she's been there every school day since the first lockdown around here.
She told me they are open for vulnerable kids, not sure who qualifies as vulnerable.
Cars are still twice at least what they were in March .
I think most around here just stick a mask on and carry on doing what they normally do but undercover of a mask

Maybe I'm pretty unsympathetic and not thinking this through but I struggle to think of many medical conditions serious enough such that one cannot wear a mask outside of some pretty rare edge cases.

I see far too many people out there not wearing masks in supermarkets. The vast majority of them IMO do not have serious conditions.

There is no exemption for medical conditions here. If you want to leave the house, you have to wear a mask. If you are unable to wear a mask, you have to stay at home.

You seen the stats I put up above? One of the very highest death rates and these fools just don't care at all, do they? But then, these stats aren't spelled out enough maybe, as half of these people aren't arsed to watch the briefings.

The briefings should go back to daily, or a few set times a week.

My wife is a bad asthma sufferer yet she always wears her mask when she's out of the house and it's compulsory where she works to wear one too.

She says these people who say they can't wear one due to asthma are talking complete bollocks.

My wife is a bad asthma sufferer yet she always wears her mask when she's out of the house and it's compulsory where she works to wear one too.

She says these people who say they can't wear one due to asthma are talking complete bollocks.
Our doctors have said the there is actually no such thing a "medical exemption" as such.

The guidelines are just that - guidelines:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

In settings where face coverings are required in England there are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering.

Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances. Some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.

This includes (but is not limited to):
  • children under the age of 11 (Public Health England does not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
  • people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
  • where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
  • if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
  • to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others ‒ including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
  • police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public

Our doctors have said the there is actually no such thing a "medical exemption" as such.

The guidelines are just that - guidelines:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own#exemptions

In settings where face coverings are required in England there are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering.

Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances. Some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.

This includes (but is not limited to):
  • children under the age of 11 (Public Health England does not recommend face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
  • people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
  • where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
  • if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
  • to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others ‒ including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
  • police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public
The only possible "medical exemption" to wearing a mask, as far as I can tell, would be if you have no fucking ears :ROFLMAO: