Coronavirus | Page 520 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

1609696523693.png

23 823 in hospital
1847 on ventilators

Still only 944 539 vaccines given. Was the weekend seriously more important time off wise, than giving (what we hope/assume is) life saving vaccines?

1,010 is the highest number of deaths on the 24th April - I think we might be smashing that this coming week.

Maybe at the next update they should show a chart of fatalities by age as they did at the start, that might be hard hitting again. I don’t like to see it because it’s extremely sad how many people aged in their 60’s and under have died, which is increasingly harder to see as you go down through the age groups.

I don’t think people appreciate the vaccine roll out won’t happen in the next few weeks. It’ll take months to get to 70% immunity

For those who think kids won't catch up both my kids lost time from school and I mean probably a year each due to illness. My daughter missed most of the 5th form and still got all A and B grades she also got A and B, A levels and a 2.1 degree in a subject she had very little interest in,
My Son did an extra year in 6th form as he struggled with A levels and his dick ruling his brains, but he got there.

People catch up, I've worked with dozens who have done degrees in their 30's and 40's. The world is very different from the one I went to school in where if you didn't do it by a certain age you never got another chance.A couple of years ago we took on a 28-year-old lad who was married with kids as an Apprentice. I'm my day the limit was 16/17 for Craft and 18 for technical appros. Kids today have it all far more than I had.

I graduated when I was 53. Decent degree too - first class honours and also student of the year. It enabled me to get the (excellent) job in which I finished the (paid) working part of my life.

Fair play John, I actually ran a boys football team for 6 years when I suppose I could have been doing a degree in my 30's. I loved every second of football and don't regret it at all. My mates all did the degree
I've often thought of doing a degree, just to shut some of these kids up, who think they are superior to us old uns. Not going to happen now I'm far too occupied with my Grandkids

For those who think kids won't catch up both my kids lost time from school and I mean probably a year each due to illness. My daughter missed most of the 5th form and still got all A and B grades she also got A and B, A levels and a 2.1 degree in a subject she had very little interest in,
My Son did an extra year in 6th form as he struggled with A levels and his dick ruling his brains, but he got there.

People catch up, I've worked with dozens who have done degrees in their 30's and 40's. The world is very different from the one I went to school in where if you didn't do it by a certain age you never got another chance.A couple of years ago we took on a 28-year-old lad who was married with kids as an Apprentice. I'm my day the limit was 16/17 for Craft and 18 for technical appros. Kids today have it all far more than I had.

There is also the point that it will be all the kids who have missed whatever part of the education (and I do think SO much time is wasted in class and with long holidays etc) so it isnt as if it is just one or two and the rest of the class are 6 months ahead of them.

If that makes sense, feeling thick headed/foggy tonight!

and I am not dismissing the concerns, especially as my lovely niece was shipped off to Uni as part of the panic by Uni's needing their cash cows, only to catch it and struggle for a good while after........

There is also the point that it will be all the kids who have missed whatever part of the education (and I do think SO much time is wasted in class and with long holidays etc) so it isnt as if it is just one or two and the rest of the class are 6 months ahead of them.

If that makes sense, feeling thick headed/foggy tonight!

and I am not dismissing the concerns, especially as my lovely niece was shipped off to Uni as part of the panic by Uni's needing their cash cows, only to catch it and struggle for a good while after........

Yes mate they piss about a hell of a lot at school my lad caught back 6 months of lessons in a few weeks then they wouldn't send him any more work home as he'd have been ahead of the rest. Repeat repeat repeat work to pass exams rather than educate them.
That's another story though

fair enough - just pick the bits you like

Nope, not donig that at all, although I did expect that answer from you.

I like wham bam Van-Tam, but my point remains, if the experts (he is usually that, but then when in a line up with Johnson, even a 5 year old would be an expert) who developed it say do it one way, and if all the tests were mainly done that way, then they and those who passed the drug, will know that is the best way to administer it.

If we were to do a side test, or the drug developers, in this case Pfizer, were to, then great. But again, as per MF's link, if the drug developers say this way isn't recommended, and isn't the way it was tested, they would know.

Poor attempt at a dismissive put-down that really BringbakMON.

At my sons school they have had at least 4 cases of covid-19. The bit that is stupid is one family had 2 kids there, one in year 9 and one in yr 7. They sent all the year 9 pupils home to self isolate but his brother in year 7 had to go back in.

My son starts online lessons in the morning and I'm glad because yes the chances of him getting ill from it are low but mine and my wifes chances of being seriously ill if we caught it from him are massive.

It's not to protect the kids, it's to protect people from catching it from them.

He might be, and he might well be right but that's a curious case of 'appears' and 'unlikely' in his justification and elaboration of what is known of the first jab.

He basically says himself nobody knows, it's guesswork and playing the averages.

So no - not following the science at all, because the tests haven't been done on using the vaccine in this manner.