Coronavirus | Page 434 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has been seen travelling in his chauffeur-driven car without wearing a mask, against the advice of No 10.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54605222

200w.gif

Once we actually have a proper plan to move forward the one good thing about 'new normal's' is they quickly become the normal.

Planet has been through this before, it will again and for this instance, the more of us who stay sensible and do the right things, the better it will be.

I get what you're saying, I guess we'll have to see what the "new normal/normal" will be.

We can't wear masks and social distance forever, and go into lockdowns every time there is a bit of a spike.

I get what you're saying, I guess we'll have to see what the "new normal/normal" will be.

We can't wear masks and social distance forever, and go into lockdowns every time there is a bit of a spike.

Yup, but it's the trade off until we have a vacc and we build herd if herd is possible here. Again, I just go back to the list of infectious diseases I saw when Covid broke and shit I thought we'd got rid of 200 years ago still rears its head 20-50+ times a year - but that's the new normal. We forget about it unless we get it.

Covid will become that I think, but only once we have a vacc.

Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And will he be sacked?

No chance, because when push comes to shove, it will be him that takes the blame if and when there is an enquiry.

Smug berk.

Yup, have to protect Baldrick don't we. He's a twat but I do genuinely feel sorry for him because I don't quite think he's clever enough to know he is the patsy in all of this.

I'm not even sure he's smug like Ugly Patel, I just think he's thick.

Yup, but it's the trade off until we have a vacc and we build herd if herd is possible here. Again, I just go back to the list of infectious diseases I saw when Covid broke and shit I thought we'd got rid of 200 years ago still rears its head 20-50+ times a year - but that's the new normal. We forget about it unless we get it.

Covid will become that I think, but only once we have a vacc.

Ah yes, I get your "new normal" now, as opposed to the more dystopian sounds coming out gobshite politician mouths.

Covid-19 will be just part of the virus family, it's not going to disappear, but like what's gone before we can get on top of it and move on.

But as the case is here, I think this needs to be the last big lockdown, and then we take things down a notch until there's a vaccine. If 6 weeks of barely leaving your house is not going to work, nothing will.

Ha, thought you'd just have assumed you need 3 guesses to fully understand what I meant, and by the time you get to guess 5 you've got what I meant!

Maybe more hope than anything, but I do see Covid going that way in 2/3 years the same as we all treat the rest of the crap and even the flu now. As you say, it becomes the newest member of the family, maybe it means yearly jabs for some, but otherwise we just get on with it in time.

Again, the key though, is people being sensible - we don't need six weeks if the evidence is right. Another 2 week yes, but that means everything again, not this patch work nonsense the Gov have come out with.

From BBJ's post, NI have gone massively over the top, possibly in an effort to make up for the remainder of the UK's limp wristed approach?

Fancy names, and soundbytes aside - it's all buying time for a vaccine....why can't the idiots just admit that instead of presenting it as a cure and fix?

If anything, the most sensible approach is 3 weeks on, 1 week off with proper distancing measures and the like. Small breaks we can live with, rather than knee jerk actions.

But hey ho, let's distract ourselves by going to war over fish in areas of the channel we've long sold off!

Again, the key though, is people being sensible - we don't need six weeks if the evidence is right. Another 2 week yes, but that means everything again, not this patch work nonsense the Gov have come out with.

This is the main thing now, if people could just be sensible for this 6 weeks and the lockdown doesn't really do anything, then we'll have to knock lockdowns on the head because they're working and doing more damage than good.

If people keep throwing parties and not heeding advice then the government will just have more excuses to restrict us. Of course I still can't understand for the life of me why schools need to stay open? Either do it properly or don't bother at all.

Then again, who am I talk, I'm heading over to my mates place next Friday for the Leeds game, lol

Yup, I don't buy into the conspiracy side of this life but the Gov genuinely is not balancing evidence with proof and need - so they are opening the door and basically encouraging people to not be sensible because their own advice (and behaviour) flies in the face of it.

Lockdowns help health but damage the economy.

We get that, so better balance lockdowns with the economy and stop thinking kids suddenly don't spread like tiny fuckers. I'm a parent, within two weeks of the summer break ending, every year I have caught something from one of them - and I know it's them. I work from home, I don't leave the house unless it's a shop trip. I converse with neighbours over a fence and the only people I've really seen in a decade are my parents in terms of close contact.

As you say, do it properly or don't bother.

Even going to your mates though, you'll be sensible, you won't be an arse. We can't overly blame the idiots who aren't sensible when HanCOCK breaches the Gov's own guidance today - or Boris, or Cummings, or the Scots health director, and that MP etc etc.

And people wonder why some look to footballers and influencers and other utter cocks because our MP's are so retarded.

If we genuinely did lockdown for 6 weeks (no air travel etc) we'd kill Covid but that would mean shooting the arseholes who walk amongst us (I'm not against that proposition by the way, we wouldn't miss them at the best of times).

Night mate.

Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And will he be sacked?

No chance, because when push comes to shove, it will be him that takes the blame if and when there is an enquiry.

Smug berk.

He’ll get thrown under the biggest bus you’ve ever seen in the near future. Boris has to, because corona has been a disaster and who knows what Brexit will be. A successful or unsuccessful Brexit, and he’ll still throw Hancock under the bus as he can distance himself from that one.

Hancock was only really needed in cabinet because he was a ‘don’t speak until you’re spoken to’ type who would support whatever Boris wanted to do with Brexit. That’s now not a requirement...

Why can't the British Government declare a state of emergency and enforce the rules properly?

Why would they change their tact of being a clueless bunch of clowns with no strategy and seemingly undermining their own authority?

In the office I work in where you’d expect more pro-Tory voters, they are getting slated and people are fed up.

I wonder if the new generation of voters from pro-Tory areas will pick up the Tory baton from their grandparents over the next 2-3 elections. I’ve got a feeling they are creating a lot of resentment with the people that will matter in the future.

Ireland going into complete lockdown from Wednesday for 6 weeks, can't visit friends or family.

Yet schools remain open for kids to mingle with kids of other households, confirming what a crock of shit this all is.

Expanding in my previous post, 6 weeks is a long time I think that’s crazy. 3 weeks at a push, would do the job. If you have just caught it, the vast majority will be back to normal in 2 weeks so having that extra to stop transmission is hard to justify.

Having three more weeks than necessary yet still allowing probably Ryanair and Aer Lingus flight after flight of infected Brits in, will bring the problem back eventually anyway, whether it’s 3 weeks or 6.

The other balance is the other illnesses and mental health byproducts of all this.

Amazing we've got Wales doing its own thing, Scotland, Northern Ireland.
Now Manchester thinks its an Independent state.

I think I might negotiate individually with Boris on my own personal circumstance and refuse to comply with the Law until it suits me.

Manchester have until midday today to agree to it, if they dont the gov will impose it. This all to do with politics. The mayor of Man is labour and he is trying to screw the gov. Does'nt matter to him that the NHS have said every ICU in Man will be full by 12 Nov. Twat of the highest order.

Manchester have until midday today to agree to it, if they dont the gov will impose it. This all to do with politics. The mayor of Man is labour and he is trying to screw the gov. Does'nt matter to him that the NHS have said every ICU in Man will be full by 12 Nov. Twat of the highest order.

Exactly, we are in a pandemic and these fuckers want to score party political points.
we don't have time to negotiate individual towns cases. Just play ball you idiots

Well the EU Parliament is acting normally. They are debating whether meat free burgers should be called burgers or should they be called something different, same with sausages, if there is no meat in them they cant be called sausage. They are trying to come up with a new name for both, this should keep them busy for the next few months.

But individual town cases have been negotiated . Tier 3 restrictions in Merseyside and Lancashire are different , so a precedent has already been set.