Coronavirus | Page 431 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

So tier 3 restrictions can be negotiated and the "deal" Lancashire have got is different to what you can and can't do in Liverpool.

So much for simplifying things.

At 11.26 the Department of Health and Social care (DHSC) released a statement saying that Lancashire was to go into tier 3 at midnight. The small print revealed that the Lancastrians had negotiated something of a boutique deal. There was a specific clause about car boot sales being banned and soft play centres closed. And unlike in Liverpool, Lancashire’s gyms and leisure centres would stay open.

The last nugget prompted an immediate howl from over the border in Merseyside, with the Liverpool mayor, Joe Anderson, demanding immediate clarification for the “inconsistent mess” which had effectively resulted in a “tier 3A and tier 3B”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-us-lancashires-reluctant-path-to-tier-3-deal

This is going to get ridiculous in my opinion. Watch Manchester get special treatment and no where else.

Government newspaper adverts explaining the coronavirus tiers in at least two places were wrong, it has emerged.
The ads were in Bradford's Telegraph and Argus and the Hexham Courant this week. Both said the current alert level was medium, when it is in fact high.
Bradford South Labour MP Judith Cummins said it was "more staggering incompetence from a government that is losing its grip on this pandemic".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54571866

:silly:

This is going to get ridiculous in my opinion. Watch Manchester get special treatment and no where else.

Maybe not - it seems the Gov think there's more talking to be done as opposed to a deal getting agreed?

However, it seems Manchester know nothing about those further talks.

People in Greater Manchester are facing confusion over Covid-19 rules, as local leaders denied Downing Street's claim that talks have been arranged to resolve a row.
No 10 told the BBC it had arranged a call with the region's mayor, Andy Burnham, on Sunday morning.
But Mr Burnham's office said no such call had been scheduled.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54584583

Piss up and brewery don't quite do it justice.

For those that still say it is no worse than flu

But it is more deadly than flu
The number of people that die after catching the virus, known as the infection fatality rate, is about 0.5%. Or one death in every 200 people infected.
That is five to 25 times more deadly than a seasonal flu infection, despite ongoing myths that Covid is just like flu.
Influenza kills between 0.02% and 0.1% of people who are infected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54570373

For those that still say it is no worse than flu

But it is more deadly than flu
The number of people that die after catching the virus, known as the infection fatality rate, is about 0.5%. Or one death in every 200 people infected.
That is five to 25 times more deadly than a seasonal flu infection, despite ongoing myths that Covid is just like flu.
Influenza kills between 0.02% and 0.1% of people who are infected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54570373
Devils advocate, does that justify bankrupting the western world, with all the other massive social problems that will bring, and condeming people with cancer and heart problems to an early death.

That is a totally different question wittonite, was just saying it isn't just like flu.

The biggest question........ no idea, but most countries seem to have thought so?

That is a totally different question wittonite, was just saying it isn't just like flu.

The biggest question........ no idea, but most countries seem to have thought so?
Yes get where you are coming from, it remains to be seen if us and other countries live to regret it.

Devils advocate, does that justify bankrupting the western world, with all the other massive social problems that will bring, and condeming people with cancer and heart problems to an early death.

My Son in Laws Mother had breast cancer and now has Heart problems, her heart is only working 40% Covid will kill her. Hence her shielding from idiots since December.

Will be difficult in some ways, to know, because we won't know what would have happened if there had been no restrictions and lockdowns.

This is nature doing what nature does, trying to cull the weakest in the herd. But, and there still isnt' that much being said about it - I guess more will come out as time progresses and there are more instances - there are people who were fit and strong now suffering from long covid, post viral, and so on.

Sounds like it is a very clever, and destructive virus.

It is a nightmare isn't it?

And what are the rights and wrongs? If I had needed a brain op in this country, what do you do as a surgeon. Book it in and hope ICU isn't needed? IF it is needed (it was first time around) then how risky on top of already being ill enough to need it, would it be to be in an ICU full of people with COVID. Is there capacity for two ICU's and so on.

As you rightly say, people are/will die of other things due to the way the focus has been on COVID and maybe only time will tell what was right or wrong. Maybe we won't ever know.

My Son in Laws Mother had breast cancer and now has Heart problems, her heart is only working 40% Covid will kill her. Hence her shielding from idiots since December.
Thats kind of the point.
Has she been able to get all the treatment she would normally get for her cancer and heart problems when it was required.
Its a bit of a catch 22.

Will be difficult in some ways, to know, because we won't know what would have happened if there had been no restrictions and lockdowns.

This is nature doing what nature does, trying to cull the weakest in the herd. But, and there still isnt' that much being said about it - I guess more will come out as time progresses and there are more instances - there are people who were fit and strong now suffering from long covid, post viral, and so on.

Sounds like it is a very clever, and destructive virus.

It is a nightmare isn't it?

And what are the rights and wrongs? If I had needed a brain op in this country, what do you do as a surgeon. Book it in and hope ICU isn't needed? IF it is needed (it was first time around) then how risky on top of already being ill enough to need it, would it be to be in an ICU full of people with COVID. Is there capacity for two ICU's and so on.

As you rightly say, people are/will die of other things due to the way the focus has been on COVID and maybe only time will tell what was right or wrong. Maybe we won't ever know.
I do find it strange that there is large capacity in the Nightingale hospitals, and it is not being used, but they choose to fill up ICU first.

Thats kind of the point.
Has she been able to get all the treatment she would normally get for her cancer and heart problems when it was required.
Its a bit of a catch 22.

Yes, no problems with anything as far as I know. She does it remotely as going to a Hospital full of covid patients would be suicide. She had the mastectomy in November last year.