Coronavirus | Page 394 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Families stopping to talk in the street would be in breach of the rule of six restrictions, the home secretary has said. Priti Patel told the BBC that two families of four stopping for a chat on the way to the park was "absolutely mingling".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54165362

And then presumably when at the park, the kids go into one bubble, the adults the other (both under 4 so well within Tolkien's Rule of Six), and everything is hunky dorey - making the assumption they don't go the pub!

Tuesday

Sad to read, more positive, more in hospital, over a 100 on ventilators, 27 dead

Still a conversation today 'assured me' it was much ado about nothing. I kid you not.

1600204476261.png

Phew, we can all stop worrying. All we need is a herd mentality..

Trump said it will go away even without a vaccine (will go quicker with one) When pulled up on that statement he said:

"Sure, over a period of time, sure, with time, and you'll develop, you'll develop, like, a herd mentality, its gonna be its gonna be herd developed, and thats going to happen, that will all happen, but with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly."

That's an interesting one from Boris who can't stop saying 'alas' in the Liason Committee...

Covid is readily transferable between kids.

I thought it didn't spread at school, it was all happening in the home?

Much more of that and we'll be on a second full lockdown before too long!
A full lockdown would be unfair, because down here there is virtually no virus.
That in itself is very surprising because the towns overflow car park is never full in September. This September however it has been completely full every day, even the wet ones.
Obviously nobody has bothered going back to work or school because the beach, the pubs and the town in general is packed.
It has been that way for weeks now and I am very surprised we havent seen a big explosion of infections.

A full lockdown would be unfair, because down here there is virtually no virus.
That in itself is very surprising because the towns overflow car park is never full in September. This September however it has been completely full every day, even the wet ones.
Obviously nobody has bothered going back to work or school because the beach, the pubs and the town in general is packed.
It has been that way for weeks now and I am very surprised we havent seen a big explosion of infections.

I'm still shocked at the variety of people playing it down.

It's not just conspiracy theorists and idiots on social media.

It's people I've mostly thought of as reasonable too. Some are desperate to pick up whatever stats they can find to spin their view that this has been blown out of proportion.

They never have any answer when you bring up the poor souls who have died though. Well, they do, but it's more of a 'that's a shame but why should it restrict my freedoms?' type of attitude.

And that's what gets me most. I'm not sure if this is your experience wittonite but some of the worst I've seen with the whining are right-wing old guys (student-y far left types are a close second). They're quick to moan about our freedoms apparently taken away to protect vulnerable people but their heroes went to war and lots died to protect others.

Would they do that? I think we both know the answer.

That is what annoys me Holte139, so many people went to war/s and never came back, plenty had 6 years away from loved ones fighting in WW2, all we have to do, as a collective, is make a few small sacrifices and 'we' can't even do that.