Coronavirus | Page 364 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

A friend of ours who has worked through the pandemic who is classed as a keyworker has walked to work and back everyday.

Buses are on Sunday hours here so he does a 2 x 5 mile walk to work and back daily. Yup he is like you Sir Dennis with the fitness snd running etc

I used to work with a bloke years ago who walked 5 miles to work every day, not to keep fit but because he was a tight git , even too tight to buy tea bags, he'd drink hot water! he did, however, live in an Architect designed house that cost double that of your normal square box, weirdo or what

I used to work with a bloke years ago who walked 5 miles to work every day, not to keep fit but because he was a tight git , even too tight to buy tea bags, he'd drink hot water! he did, however, live in an Architect designed house that cost double that of your normal square box, weirdo or what

Christ on a bike: I suppose his tightness bought him the architect designed house

Got the train to work yesterday for the first time , on the way in I got the 8 o'clock train , not many people on it and clearly office type workers who were all wearing masks.

Different story on the way home where I got the 4.28 and there was a mix a people who had been to work and shoppers etc. I would say that about 60-70% were wearing masks and the ones that weren't were mainly young kids who clearly are lacking some sort of basic intelligence.A few older people as well including a couple of blokes who you thought if you said anything you would probably get stabbed or something.

And people think it's going to stop spreading anytime soon.
Not like this guy

You have to be so careful because of people with exemption, but you can't help look at anyone without and feel a bit annoyed can you? But I'm not going to go around 'policing' it and would hate to upset anyone who is exempt, they have enough problems. I know I didn't like being checked out 'all the time' after my brain chop, when (rightly) parking in a disabled space.

Lockdown restrictions are being reimposed in Aberdeen due to a coronavirus cluster in the city, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has announced.

Pubs and restaurants will have to shut by 5pm as part of the measures.

Ms Sturgeon said there had been 54 cases in the "significant outbreak" and that the cluster had now involved community transmission
s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53666665

You have to be so careful because of people with exemption, but you can't help look at anyone without and feel a bit annoyed can you? But I'm not going to go around 'policing' it and would hate to upset anyone who is exempt, they have enough problems. I know I didn't like being checked out 'all the time' after my brain chop, when (rightly) parking in a disabled space.

It's really difficult. I made a comment to last week on holiday when in reality I shouldn't have.

Popped into a M and S food place so not a big shop in terms of space. Everyone was wearing a mask apart from one bloke. He was the one who looked like the odd one out tbh. I wouldn't have said anything but he really annoyed me more by standing so close to me. I moved forward and felt very uncomfortable. He was also getting other stares. So I made a remark to Mrs M within his ear shot about wearing a mask and he didn't exactly say much but said about being exempt before calling me a twat. (He is a good judge :lol:)
Obviously I have no idea but whatever his exemption was didnt effect his speed walking as I saw him nearly sprinting across the car park laden with his shopping .

And this is it . Shouldn't have said anything but as said his lack of distancing and no mask combination pissed me off. Very spur of the moment and on reflection will leave it next time.

But the problem with the mask wearing is it is literally up to the conscience of the individual. Outside the shop was a member of staff ensuring people were wearing masks. So this bloke would have been asked. He obviously said he was exempt. So what does the staff member do?. Its not a legal requirement to produce or carry exemption documentation so how can the member of staff refuse someone when they don't categorically know either way if they are telling porkies or not.

AH, now, that was fair enough. At a distance I wouldn't say anything, if someone was that close though, I'd have a word for sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53654644

Wow.... would never have guessed this!

The spread of coronavirus in the UK could have been slowed with earlier quarantine restrictions on arrivals, a group of MPs has said.

The Home Affairs committee said a lack of border measures earlier in the pandemic was a "serious mistake".
This group of parliticians is cross party and mainly Tory. Still condemning the government. The government still can't admit mistakes were made.
This time mistakes need to be addressed, its really a matter of life or death.. eventually I hope a public enquiry will hold them all to acount. Similar to the Brexit fuck up. These politicians in charge now have seriously wreked this country.

Number of deaths
Daily
65 — Abstract information: Daily number of deaths of people who have had a positive test result for COVID-19, reported on Wednesday, 5 August 2020.
Total

This group of parliticians is cross party and mainly Tory. Still condemning the government. The government still can't admit mistakes were made.
This time mistakes need to be addressed, its really a matter of life or death.. eventually I hope a public enquiry will hold them all to acount. Similar to the Brexit fuck up. These politicians in charge now have seriously wreked this country.

Playing catch up tonight as I was offline - the two major stories seem to be.

1 - The Gov cocked up on travel restrictions for no reason whatsoever and I certainly don't believe they were 'following the science' because even plebs like us were saying we needed to close borders or at least 'enforce' isolation at that time, rather than requesting it in the typical bullshit English way......would you mind chap should've been, you'll fucking do this son. And then we cancel it anyway??????

2 - The BAME report on Covid and 'racism'. More likely to be key workers at the front line, more likely to be multi-generational families (and I am not being racist here when I reference 'getting the message across') the Gov failed to get the message across. I can skip that last one as even if English isn't a second language, it would be for other families members so that isn't a Gov fail.

Sadly it's a perfect storm.

Front line workers speak for themselves, whether NHS, bus drivers, shop workers etc.

Multi-generational families, it only takes one to act like a prick and go the beach, or a rave, or a street party and their actions ruin the actions of the remaining family.

The Gov have entirely fucked up on the mixed messaging, the 'protect pointless Cummings', not explain England is not the UK and we all can 't go at the same speed and countless other things.

But the party political and societal crap I've caught today has would me up.

49 deaths today. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

One expert on Newsnight last night was suggesting we are being too heavy handed (not just UK) when looking at how many are testing positive, he argued it should actually be on how many are being admitted to hospitals. He says it is great news, deaths are down and less are taking up hospital beds. Not being a virologist, I don't have a clear view, but it was interesting at least!

Figures on that are 142 admitted. 1118 in hospital. 73 on ventilators.

Mrs M couldn't help herself earlier at the shop. Dad with daughter who was about 20, another younger child. Dad and younger child wearing masks, 20 year old not. I think the Dad obviously felt uncomfortable because he did one of those saying it loudly things so everyone could hear. Told the 20 year old in no uncertain terms to put her mask on to which she replied ‘ I’m not wearing those bloody masks they make me look like a duck‘.
Mrs M told her politely that there were NHS staff wearing masks for 12 hours day in day out who would be very disappointed to hear her thoughts. The dad then told the girl to either put the mask on or leave the shop and apologised to Mrs M who said sorry for butting in rather instinctively. He was ok with it.

Last edited:
Look like a duck? Was she on the prowl for a life partner whilst shopping! Jesus.

Maybe I'm prejudging on exceptions here but my trip to the shop saw me greeted with a more elderly couple (50/60s tops) both without masks. I stood outside the shop until they finished (with mask on), although he did hold the door for me so can't have been that much of a knob really.

Whilst waiting there, a young lass with her daughter turned up and the mom was explaining to the littlen why she had to wait for me to go in first and why they were stood so far away from me. Not hard is it.

Few up in the Kingfisher today had masks around their neck, one had it suspended from one ear dangling down. I said loud enough for him to hear how useful that would be. He turned to argue and thought twice when he saw my ugly mug. Utter idiots. Where one, don't wear one (if you are exempt or that much of an arsehole to not join in for the greater good) but let's not start pretending. It really isn't that difficult is it?

Oh and when I parked up, there was a mask dropped on the pavement.

I really do hate mankind. Or that part of mankind.

Totally agree with much of the above, but being Devil's advocate for a moment, can you blame people for not wearing masks? These instructions have come 4+ months too late for the majority of people to take seriously.

To be clear, I wear a facemask when in shops as per the regulations. But I can fully appreciate why others might not, even if it does make them look like selfish c****.

I more than get your point JPA, but again for me it goes back to it's not exactly a hardship.

It's complete mixed messaging yes, and the Gov have cocked up entirely (as expected and as per so much throughout this) but it's not a hardship.

The other week I posted about going into the shop and being called on it because I didn't have a mask, and I think it was JF who mentioned he doubted people wouldn't have a scarf or something they could use.

I don't have a scarf, and even for the poorest of people - surely there's an old t-shirt they can tweak, or a towel etc - to make the effort doesn't mean spending money.

So short of exemptions (and I absolutely doubt how useful a non-medical mask is based on the evidence) I still don't see an excuse.

I also realise I'm becoming slightly more militant lol