Coronavirus | Page 340 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Yeah, my favourite restaurant, I might have mentioned it once or five hundred times, Lambs in Stratford, a certain JPA is involved there, has taken a slowly slowly and get it right stance as well. They open on the 16th.
Yes, we are waiting for the fuss to die down and for others to trip over themselves (not in a bad way, more that we can learn from others and their mis-steps) so we can implement the best practices for re-opening.

We were never going to re-open on a Saturday, and another couple of weeks will make no difference - better to do it right than do it quickly and badly!

I nearly went to the pub.

Went for a lovely dog walk down by the Thames with our friends and their pooch this afternoon. First time we have seen them since February.

At the finish line was a picture post card pub with empty tables outside. By god it was tempting !. Myself and Mrs M were up for it but my friend has type 2 diabetes so was very uneasy about even using a glass from there ( I’m not sure if they were doing plastic glasses tbh). Nevertheless no problem we passed by and that was it being the sensible souls we are.

JPA will no doubt confirm, but I'm sure I remember from my time behind a bar that the glass washers hit a higher temp than normal dishwashers - but with that said I can more than understand the reticence.

However nice it might have been, and with empty tables as well, no harm waiting another week or two is there.

Having posted my shop experience above, I don't mind saying given the ugly half's issues, I was incredibly uncomfortable in the shop today when those lasses (naively/innocently) tried to pile in and I got out as quick as I could.

Really? You think?

I have seen a good % with sense during this year, but I've seen so many fucktards that I don't really have faith in a return to sense!

Maybe I'm being innocent, but I think today will be 'mental' day, and we'll get a bit more sense with every passing 24hours as even the usually more sensible get the blowout out of their system.

Yes, we are waiting for the fuss to die down and for others to trip over themselves (not in a bad way, more that we can learn from others and their mis-steps) so we can implement the best practices for re-opening.

We were never going to re-open on a Saturday, and another couple of weeks will make no difference - better to do it right than do it quickly and badly!

The 16th is definitely being cautious! lol

But it makes perfect sense to me - especially the element of giving time for you to learn from the cock ups of others as you can't be better set then can you. And as you say, after all this, another couple of weeks shouldn't matter as once you open you know you're best set to stay open and play catch up without any hiccups along the way.

It's one of the other reasons opening today/weekend was always going to be mental - the cost of restocking and that potential loss if something goes wrong - safe and steady and just simply limiting any future loss on drink/food should've been the only way to go.

Well the weather hasnt helped, but just come back from getting a joint of beef for tomorrow from a local shop and everywhere including the pubs is very quiet. Has it all been overhyped as usual.

Well the weather hasnt helped, but just come back from getting a joint of beef for tomorrow from a local shop and everywhere including the pubs is very quiet. Has it all been overhyped as usual.

Let's hope so!

I was expecting a deluge from the press, but all I've seen are sensible, quiet, complying pubs and drinkers. Certainly would've helped if it was pissing down though!

Depends what gets hyped and comes out tomorrow, but I can certainly say I've heard nonsense from our local as I'm a football pitch and a bit away from it.

Some in the US - with deference to our friends on here - are incredibly thick.

• Cards for sale in the US purporting to give the carrier an exemption from wearing a face mask in public are fraudulent. "These cards do not carry the force of law," a statement from the US government warns.
  • A graphic shared on social media which claims that face masks could suppress the body's immune system is not based on evidence. The World Health Organization is clear in its advice that wearing face masks properly worn is safe.
BBC ticker on fake news.

Then again, we have the 5Gers as well don't we. (so sad).

He's not, that's abundantly clear, but sadly he's in that circle so whenever I can take the piss that's where I'll post lol

As an update on my local, it's now been quiet for the last few hours in terms of shouts and music...so fingers crossed.

Mr Johnson Snr defended his trip on the grounds he was "on essential business" to ensure a property he rents out was "Covid-proof" before holidays restart.

When asked about his dad's behaviour yesterday, the prime minister said: "I think you really ought to raise that with him."

Well, set reporters a challenge and we'll often do our best to rise to it.

And Stanley Johnson has been tracked down in Greece.

He said "let's open up this air bridge as quick as we can", adding: "People are longing to get here. This is a country that's got everything. I'm not going to say whether my actions were correct or not".

Mr Johnson said he planned to return to the UK on 10 July, the day from which it will no longer be necessary for those returning from Greece to quarantine for a fortnight on arrival back in the UK.
BBC ticker.

----

Well given he had to take a connecting flight because Greece aren't accepting UK travellers....I wonder Stanley, really, do you need to prove you are as thick as you look, allied to your sperm?

It's also not down to your son to decide what Greece does.

And isn't your return date kind of convenient you potato looking dickhead.

Oh joy - drunken house party with children under 10.

Alice, Alice, who the fuck is Alice has now been repeated at full volume 5 times?

200w.webp