Coronavirus | Page 292 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Buddy's first day back at school today. He loved it. Only 5 other kids from a class of 30 went back, so 6 kids 2 teachers.... Virtually 7 weeks of free private education.......

...... Until 20 minutes ago. Just had a call from the Head Mistress and one of the other 5 kids in his bubble has already come down with a fucking temperature!

They need to test the kid now. Best case it's negative and he can go back to school next week. Worst case it's positive and we all have to self isolate for 14 days.

Amber will have to miss her next 2 Co-op shifts just incase.

What a faff. Feel so sorry for Buddy, he's been sooooo excited about going back, had a great day, then after 1 day that's that. Doesn't know if he's coming or going. :(

Feel for you Deano - if they were that cautious in the numbers returning though, I would err that it's just a normal temp rather than anything to more worry about. Least I'll have my fingers crossed that is true dude.

Fingers crossed for the lad with a temperature, could just be the going back and getting hyper etc maybe. Or not. This is the problem though isn't it? The want to get back to normal, but if the lad has covid, it now sets the whole family and all the other families right back.

Bloody unbelievable year really. :shake:

Hopefully they get the test results nice and quickly, some say they have, others have had to wait.

That will be the norm for a while I would imagine. Anyone who gets a temperature or something and it's isolationville.

Buddy's first day back at school today. He loved it. Only 5 other kids from a class of 30 went back, so 6 kids 2 teachers.... Virtually 7 weeks of free private education.......

...... Until 20 minutes ago. Just had a call from the Head Mistress and one of the other 5 kids in his bubble has already come down with a fucking temperature!

They need to test the kid now. Best case it's negative and he can go back to school next week. Worst case it's positive and we all have to self isolate for 14 days.

Amber will have to miss her next 2 Co-op shifts just incase.

What a faff. Feel so sorry for Buddy, he's been sooooo excited about going back, had a great day, then after 1 day that's that. Doesn't know if he's coming or going. :(

Thats shit, the chances are the kid is fine and isn’t carrying it. You’re around Malvern right Deano?

They think that she (and the family) probably had it earlier in the year, The three of them were in the States for Christmas and came back in mid-January on a flight from Vegas to Heathrow and then on to Dublin. They suspect themselves that might have been when they caught it. They all got quite sick for a couple of weeks. Niall and Clara got over it but it lingered on with Linsey culminating in her becoming very unwell a few days ago and ending up in hospital. She had an MRI today which was supposed to happen yesterday. For some reason, they took her off anitbiotics in order to do the test. Being delayed for an extra day meant she started to get more unwell again! Anyway, she's back on the drugs now and there is no sign of Covid-19 in her lungs.

Is pneumonia infectious? I was brought up to believe it was something you got from going out with wet hair.

I'm probably one of the most critical of the Tories and that entitled twat Bojo. Still, if you took over the UK now, what would you do? I know Boris caused most of this with the herd immunity crap but as things stand now, what's the chance of eliminating Covid-19 any time soon?

Australia has single digits of new cases every day. They have a decent chance of eliminating the virus.

The UK has thousands of new cases per day, hundreds of deaths and over 200,000 active cases. That's after two months of lockdown.

Is it at the point now where elimination is impossible and the only option is to let the virus run its course?