Coronavirus vaccine | Page 92 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

But that can happen even if you're vaccinated. As I understand it, the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on, it just vastly reduces the chances of you ending up in hospital from it .[/QUOTE

To be honest I'm thoroughly confused on that point I've heard both.

Keeping people out of hospital has always been the key aim

Maybe. I'm not a trained medic or virologist but I know someone who is and from the moment covid emerged in China they have been consistent in their view that "covid is far more dangerous than flu".

I guess 130K deaths indicate that it is and we can't really compare it to flu for the most serious cases I.e. those hospitalised by flu or covid.

For those who can deal with it at home it might be comparable to flu but for the NHS it may not be.
I don't think anyone is denying (at least on this thread) that Covid is more severe than the flu - it IS severe flu! But I am 51 and i never had the flu vaccine - if I got the flu, then I got the flu. Covid is different, so I got jabbed as soon as I could.

The question is what now? Is covid going to end? I don't think that has been raised as a possibility. Are you going to wear a mask in enclosed spaces forever (apart from pubs restaurants 🙄)? If not, when are you going to stop?

My understanding is the same as Madrid Gills, the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it. But if you don't know you've got it, is that very different to not having it at all?

I don't think anyone is denying (at least on this thread) that Covid is more severe than the flu - it IS severe flu! But I am 51 and i never had the flu vaccine - if I got the flu, then I got the flu. Covid is different, so I got jabbed as soon as I could.

The question is what now? Is covid going to end? I don't think that has been raised as a possibility. Are you going to wear a mask in enclosed spaces forever (apart from pubs restaurants 🙄)? If not, when are you going to stop?

My understanding is the same as Madrid Gills, the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it. But if you don't know you've got it, is that very different to not having it at all?

They are also talking about booster jabs too. One of my friends has got one booked for october. My wife won't have a booster if she's offered one, because she had bad reactions to the ones she had. I was offered a flu jab last winter, but decided not to have it as there was covid in the chemist they booked if for! Not sure I'll have a booster, but had no reactions to the jabs. We've always sanitised in before eating in restaurants, and when getting in the car after being to shops etc. Of course, all that might go out the window when I go to the pub, football, or gigs! I have all set up in just a couple of weeks, apart from the pub, which will be tomorrow. Will I wear a mask when going into the Factory? Going through the turnstiles and to my seat after a few beers? Or sanitise when leaving the ground? I doubt it. I doubt I will when I go to a gig. But it's ok, I don't go to nightclubs, and have my vaccine passport lol

We've always sanitised in before eating in restaurants, and when getting in the car after being to shops etcl

Yep, I think most people do the restaurant, "walk to the door - put the mask on - walk to the table - take the mask off - sit there for an hour - put the mask on - walk to the door, and leave" routine!

But that can happen even if you're vaccinated. As I understand it, the vaccine doesn't stop you catching it or passing it on, it just vastly reduces the chances of you ending up in hospital from it .

To be honest I'm thoroughly confused on that point I've heard both.

Keeping people out of hospital has always been the key aim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57874744

^ Well Health Secretary Sajid Javid has had both of his jabs and he is currently in self-isolation so it is very much the case it doesn't stop you from either catching it and then spreading it as Madrid said. And the general trend is those who have tested positive again either have a mild enough dose that it is a minor inconsideration (if they reconigise it is Covid and not the after effects of too much alcohol) or display no symptoms at all.

One thing to consider is that someone could have the vaccine, be contagious but not showing any symptoms and go to a nightclub etc where they could be asymptomatic spreaders.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57874744

^ Well Health Secretary Sajid Javid has had both of his jabs and he is currently in self-isolation so it is very much the case it doesn't stop you from either catching it and then spreading it as Madrid said. And the general trend is those who have tested positive again either have a mild enough dose that it is a minor inconsideration (if they reconigise it is Covid and not the after effects of too much alcohol) or display no symptoms at all.

One thing to consider is that someone could have the vaccine, be contagious but not showing any symptoms and go to a nightclub etc where they could be asymptomatic spreaders.
The vaccine makes it less transmissible (by about 70% IIRC) and lessens the effects so no, it's not 100% immunity via the jab, hence the recommendation that we have regular tests. I'm double jabbed but do two lateral flow tests per week, plus one every time I go to see my mum and would obviously isolate if it came up positive. That seems reasonable to me as it protects others, particularly my family. This is why I see the so called passport as fair, I'm doing everything in my power to be responsible and protect others so don't see why I should be forced to share and indoor space with someone who isnt, the freedom thing works both ways in my book.

Covid passports don't excite me much. If you needed one for a pub, live music and events or football I would use one. The same cannot be said for a large minority of tory MPs; they detest the very idea and will not bend. Johnson would not force them through with Labour votes, which seem unlikely to support anyway.

Travel to any country using vaccine passports will require compliance, perhaps airlines and airports will just make it a blanket requirement for travel, which would then make it easier for train and ferry companies to follow suit. The use and practice may very well spread to more loacations and activities but Johnson is more scared of the ERG, Telegraph, Pectator et all than he is of covid and won't mandate covid passports. This route also suits his govern without responsibility motif.

Covid passports don't excite me much. If you needed one for a pub, live music and events or football I would use one. The same cannot be said for a large minority of tory MPs; they detest the very idea and will not bend. Johnson would not force them through with Labour votes, which seem unlikely to support anyway.

Travel to any country using vaccine passports will require compliance, perhaps airlines and airports will just make it a blanket requirement for travel, which would then make it easier for train and ferry companies to follow suit. The use and practice may very well spread to more loacations and activities but Johnson is more scared of the ERG, Telegraph, Pectator et all than he is of covid and won't mandate covid passports. This route also suits his govern without responsibility motif.

I noticed, at PMQ`s this week, that quite a few Conservative MP`s were "mask-less" on the benches, whereas those in the opposite side appeared almost exclusively, to be masked-up. Not a good example set by the Govt side.....

A vaccine passport for travel is not being debated much at all.

Its the domestic use one that is.

The reluctance of young people to get the vaccine would change overnight if they needed it to access venues.
It has worked in France.
Once it was implied, the youngsters couldn’t get in quick enough.
I was listening to a guy on the radio who’s reason for not being vaccinated was that he’s too busy.
He had the time to call a radio station but can’t find a spare hour to potentially save vulnerable people’s lives.
What a first class wnanker

Alternative truths:

Original statements:
The vaccination was going to set us free.
Protect the elderly and vulnerable as the young statistically are safe
Nearly all deaths were from the over 80s.
Herd immunity when enough people have the antibodies.
Masks dont do much.

Current comments:
The vaccination alone cannot set you free.
Masks protect you.
We must vaccinate the kids.

Even though - the elderly and vulnerable are all double jabbed, the
young even though statistically safe over 18s are being jabbed.
Deaths are at an extremely low number currently.
Nearly all adults have the antibodies.
Children are not at risk and are in fact statistically more at risk from any medication or vaccination - but then the usa and pfizer do need the income.
Masks are great.

Or - today you can go to a nightclub etc without proving jab status but in a months time you will not be able to without a double jab. Is the pandemic on hold for a month lol.

What about the isolate even if you are double jabbed - unless .......

No wonder people get confused lol.

P.s i am double jabbed and still wearing mask and follow all guidelines.

As for the original “masks don’t do much” that’s actually incorrect.
My recollection is that the experts were actually actively saying, don’t wear a mask because it will make it worse.
I recall Doctor Sarah on Jeremy Vine saying very specifically saying don’t wear a mask when someone rang in asking if they should.
She said washing hands was more important.
I remember thinking that’s got to be wrong so found myself getting strange looks in Tesco because I wore masks from day one.
I recall even my own brother telling me that it was dangerous to wear a mask.
He’d seen that on Facebook or Twitter or something.
Obviously, they have now gone full circle.

The reluctance of young people to get the vaccine would change overnight if they needed it to access venues.
It has worked in France.
Once it was implied, the youngsters couldn’t get in quick enough.
I was listening to a guy on the radio who’s reason for not being vaccinated was that he’s too busy.
He had the time to call a radio station but can’t find a spare hour to potentially save vulnerable people’s lives.
What a first class wnanker

Pretty sure that is what all the posturing about covid passports is aimed at: "encouraging" the young to get vaccinated. That seems a fairly reasonable punt but prepare for headlines about the stasi and draconian restrictions when people are required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to some event or other. I'm never without my free bus pass and Senior Medway Pass

I couldn't give a toss what the headlines say to be honest mate.
It's just the most obvious thing to do.
It's down to the individual to make the choice, but if they are restricted on what they can do if they choose not to get vaccinated, then that's the motivation.
Imagine that Gills draw Manchester United in the third round of the cup.
Absolute full house sell out and the criteria for entry is to prove that you've had covid jabs.
I'd bet they couldn't get it done quick enough.

Pretty sure that is what all the posturing about covid passports is aimed at: "encouraging" the young to get vaccinated. That seems a fairly reasonable punt but prepare for headlines about the stasi and draconian restrictions when people are required to show proof of vaccination to gain entry to some event or other. I'm never without my free bus pass and Senior Medway Pass

F scrounger lol

As for the original “masks don’t do much” that’s actually incorrect.
My recollection is that the experts were actually actively saying, don’t wear a mask because it will make it worse.
I recall Doctor Sarah on Jeremy Vine saying very specifically saying don’t wear a mask when someone rang in asking if they should.
She said washing hands was more important.
I remember thinking that’s got to be wrong so found myself getting strange looks in Tesco because I wore masks from day one.
I recall even my own brother telling me that it was dangerous to wear a mask.
He’d seen that on Facebook or Twitter or something.
Obviously, they have now gone full circle.

It was always strictly 'wash your hands after ...' and 'coughs and sneezes prevent diseases' both of which seem to be self evident to most people irrelevant of their views on covid.

The daily briefings advised against masks and have since admitted that they told 'white lies' as at the time they were worries about the availability of masks for the nhs.

Friend of family member is an unlucky one and now has gbs after taking AZ jab. In their 30s and has been told will not walk again, so sad.

Earlier in the year family member had a blood clot from the jab and spent a month in ICU before recovering.

This why i dont slag off anyone with genuine concerns over taking the vaccines. Its a risk game and the lower your risk is of death or serious illness then the risk of illness from the vaccine is higher in comparison.p

Are things getting worse or do we now have herd immunity and therefore do not need to vaccinate kids. Depends who you listen to lol.