Coronavirus vaccine | Page 80 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Had my first AZ jab on Saturday. Worst headache I have ever had which lasted 24 hours. Also red, and blotchy,temperature and muscle aches.
But apart from that alright. ;)

Had my first AZ jab on Saturday. Worst headache I have ever had which lasted 24 hours. Also red, and blotchy,temperature and muscle aches.
But apart from that alright. ;)
I had similar Max.
I felt rough two days after but fine from then on .
I was almost as if the vaccine shocked my body.

Of course he agreed with me.
Although the MRHA existed, it deferred authority to the EMA, as do all EU member countries.
The statement that ‘technically’ we could have done it while in the Eu is correct, the reality is somewhat different, which is why the 27 wait for authority from the EMA before proceeding.
The rules of the EU are that you submit a certain amount of sovereignty, as a member.
As you well know mate, there are many instances of the EU over ruling individual nations.
In this instance, all Eu countries waited for permission from the EMA.
The individual countries still have their own medicines agencies for internal decisions.
Denmark has decided to abandon the AZ vaccine despite the EMA stating that the risk is negligible.
So your interpretation is correct and that of the BBC and head of the MRHA, Dr June Raine, is wrong. I love how people on here pretend to be experts and know better than the experts. Reminds me of the EU Leave campaign itself. I'm going to believe the experts on this one.

Agree we should remain cautious.

How about giving in and letting people go on holiday all over the world so that they can mix with people from every other nation and bring back the variants and encourage mutations?

Nooooooooooo!

Sorry (Nobby) but f### foreign holidays for now given what we've been through just to risk throwing it away yet again.
I get your concerns 58 but I did say "if it can be done safely". If vaccine levels and infection rates in the destination country are at an acceptable level and a good testing system at either end of the journey is in place, then I think its a manageable risk. If we continually worry about new variants, the world will stand still and many more thousands will lose their jobs.

And I won't get my f***ing holiday 😒

I get your concerns 58 but I did say "if it can be done safely". If vaccine levels and infection rates in the destination country are at an acceptable level and a good testing system at either end of the journey is in place, then I think its a manageable risk. If we continually worry about new variants, the world will stand still and many more thousands will lose their jobs.

its all on the testing regime around travel.

the gov has done very well on the vaccine side but has been abysmal on testing and the control of incoming travellers.
If we can get it right this time then we can open up the internal activities without any internal vaccine passports etc.

sadly i have little faith in the gov putting adequate processes in place for returning travellers. Hopefully I am completely wrong (as usual lol).

its all on the testing regime around travel.

the gov has done very well on the vaccine side but has been abysmal on testing and the control of incoming travellers.
If we can get it right this time then we can open up the internal activities without any internal vaccine passports etc.

sadly i have little faith in the gov putting adequate processes in place for returning travellers. Hopefully I am completely wrong (as usual lol).
Yes, spot on. Fantastic genuinely world leading on vaccines (well, very near the top if not the best) but total f### up on almost everything else. Need excellent track and trace system to allow serious opening up, but, sadly, have very little faith in that coming about. Seriously hope I'm wrong for all our sakes.

Hope you get your holiday Nobby. I did my second pub visit this afternoon to my very favourite pub, not much to look at, a bit shabby but a very pleasant hour or so chewing the fat and enjoying proper beer.

Report on BBC Radio 4 World at One saying what an absolute shambles it is at Heathrow with incoming passengers. Apparently big queues of people from "red" countries lined up alongside those from "red" ones. Inadequate distancing. Queuing near eachother for hours. Mingling of all sorts.

If we open up on May17th and it is a shambles now then f### knows how bad it will be when it gets busy.

Nice petri dish to mix up the world's variants and bring thwm into the UK.

What chance of accurate tests and proper isolating? About as likely as Scally finding a buyer before next season starts.

Report on BBC Radio 4 World at One saying what an absolute shambles it is at Heathrow with incoming passengers. Apparently big queues of people from "red" countries lined up alongside those from "red" ones. Inadequate distancing. Queuing near eachother for hours. Mingling of all sorts.

If we open up on May17th and it is a shambles now then f### knows how bad it will be when it gets busy.

I read about the delays at Heathrow. Put me right off the thought of flying again this year.

Costa del Medway it is for me again.

Won't your company allow you to attend for vaccination as a medical appointment?
am actually struggling due to me being cautious for once mark. a few of my colleagues in my age group have been rough for a couple days same as shotshy and even gone sick. am trying to arrange my appointment for my weekend off . to factor this in ,last time i had the flue jab 2015 think i was carrying a chest infection as i ended up in bed for 8 days. thing with work allowing time to attend is . since the last wave eased people now taking their holiday entitlement so still on minimum safe numbers. i do work for a firm where the staff often are followed home by friends or family of our customers. so an appoinment in uniform either side of the shift is not advised.

am actually struggling due to me being cautious for once mark. a few of my colleagues in my age group have been rough for a couple days same as shotshy and even gone sick. am trying to arrange my appointment for my weekend off . to factor this in ,last time i had the flue jab 2015 think i was carrying a chest infection as i ended up in bed for 8 days.

Think positive - if you believe you will get ill with the vaccine, then you will get ill. Think about the first woman than had the vaccine all those months ago! She had the bottle to do it, when no other patients had

Not having the vaccine because you are scared you will be off work sick seems to be a bit of flawed logic

Great news today .

North Devon officially has zero recorded Covid infections today for the first time.
Neighbouring Torridge only has two recorded infections which is also great.

With the opening up of tourism, we are desperately hoping to keep a lid on it.

Fingers well and truly crossed.

Great news today .

North Devon officially has zero recorded Covid infections today for the first time.
Neighbouring Torridge only has two recorded infections which is also great.

With the opening up of tourism, we are desperately hoping to keep a lid on it.

Fingers well and truly crossed.
Just read that the South West is doing very well........... until everyone else in the country goes there for their hols 😉

and finally managed to get something booked ,still not hapy with the venue. plus not sure of i can make the 2nd jab. am in for testing at work on tues and sat

I'm still curious about the stats.

Currently, the UK are 11th in the world in deaths per million but I want to know why.

Our figure is 1,901 fatalities per million.

Of comparable countries,
Italy tops at the moment with 1,950.
Spain , 1,637
France , 1,492
Germany , 970

Hungary is top within the EU with 2,618

Is the average UK pensioner that much more unhealthy than our European counterparts, or are there other reasons?
Is it because too many didn't take advice to stay home or was the advice to wishy washy?

To give an anecdote , I have a friend who was incredibly vulnerable, as is his wife , yet had all the tribe around for Xmas.
When I said that was a very risky thing to do, he replied that Boris said that it was ok.
They had literally not been out for a year, then for one day, risked it all.
Could the high level here be because we have a higher percentage of the hard of thinking?

It will be fascinating to see how the stats come out over a longer time when we can see the deviations from the normal.