Coronavirus vaccine | Page 67 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

F***ing Sky are at it again, the PM has set out a clear road map to easing of restrictions. Has explained each step in detail and added that we could only take the next step if the four tests allow. He has also explained that the dates set are the "earliest possible" dates that that step could be taken.

Step forward Ms Sophie Ridge to ask Rishi Sunk "If the data was better than expected, the PMs Road map could happen quicker?"

Ffs, don't these people realise they have some semblance of responsibility and that the public cling onto everything they say? This is seriously starting to get on my nerves. It's bad enough that parks and seafronts are packed like it was a summers day, without the MSN outlets pushing and pushing for earlier release.
We are at a stage where, I believe, the government and scientists are singing from the same hymn sheet and are starting to get most things right without buckling to pressure. Let's not f*** it up now.

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...wn-release-chancellor-tells-sky-news-12231444
Agree totally. I'm concerned that Johnson's new found backbone will be made of jelly. Hope he doesn't cave in and go for another damaging short term popularity stunt. Media makingit wors. Just shut the f### up and wait for the figures to go right down.

The return of alll students to schools will cause a rise in the R rate so we shouldn't jump the gun before we know how that goes.

Very interesting to hear that a leading German medical professor has said that Merkel and Macron have got it wrong and that the Oxford vaccine is perfectly safe for all age groups. He thinks Merkel should have the Oxford vaccine live on TV to encourage the population.

I voted Brexit but if I ever harboured ANY doubts about my decision (short/medium term difficulties notwithstanding) the antics of the EU both before and since 1 January 2021 and now these leaders' comments about the vaccination programmes in the UK just show how well out of that federalist, German/French dominated, cartel we are.

F***ing Sky are at it again, the PM has set out a clear road map to easing of restrictions. Has explained each step in detail and added that we could only take the next step if the four tests allow. He has also explained that the dates set are the "earliest possible" dates that that step could be taken.

Step forward Ms Sophie Ridge to ask Rishi Sunk "If the data was better than expected, the PMs Road map could happen quicker?"

Ffs, don't these people realise they have some semblance of responsibility and that the public cling onto everything they say? This is seriously starting to get on my nerves. It's bad enough that parks and seafronts are packed like it was a summers day, without the MSN outlets pushing and pushing for earlier release.
We are at a stage where, I believe, the government and scientists are singing from the same hymn sheet and are starting to get most things right without buckling to pressure. Let's not f*** it up now.

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...wn-release-chancellor-tells-sky-news-12231444

Couldn't agree more.
The Daily Mail is even worse in my opinion with this sort of thing.
I really wonder what drives them and what they think they are achieving.

Important difference between is a vaccine safe and is it effective.

I do not know why the headlines are always on percentages of effectiveness in not catching COVID rather than percentage of effectiveness in terms of not getting really poorly and so poorly that you go to hospital and worse. All the vaccines are good in the latter terms. I understand that effectiveness in terms of not catching the virus is important to controlling its spread, but in terms of getting people to get vaccinated surely the message should be you'll probably not catch it and, if you do, it almost certainly will not be bad -and this applies to all the vaccines available.

Spot on 👌🏻 I'm very happy with the roadmap, if cases and deaths fall lower than expected then great but let's not risk messing it up by opening up earlier, another spike and having to increase restrictions even a potential lockdown again.

It could end up going very smoothly with the vaccine rollout being done quickly and weather improving. The media really are more interested in a sensational headline than what is actually best for the country. 🙄

Agree about Daily Mail (Tommy T post) it's a toxic rag to be honest.. I flick through some of their articles like I do with all types of different media and they really are so negative about EVERYTHING.
Just bear in mind that the Mail's main readership is female. It's a woman's paper.

Agree totally. I'm concerned that Johnson's new found backbone will be made of jelly. Hope he doesn't cave in and go for another damaging short term popularity stunt. Media makingit wors. Just shut the f### up and wait for the figures to go right down.

The return of alll students to schools will cause a rise in the R rate so we shouldn't jump the gun before we know how that goes.
I'm not concerned about Boris and his backbone, every decision post Cummings has been spot on without concern for popularity or votes, he's doing what's best for his country and trying, with Sunak, to do what's best for the economy.
This week's budget will be hard and, to some, unpopular. But they have to start dragging the country back to it's feet.
Stick to the road map and (as long as the public stick to it too) we'll come out the side without more lockdowns.

I'm not concerned about Boris and his backbone, every decision post Cummings has been spot on without concern for popularity or votes, he's doing what's best for his country and trying, with Sunak, to do what's best for the economy.
This week's budget will be hard and, to some, unpopular. But they have to start dragging the country back to it's feet.
Stick to the road map and (as long as the public stick to it too) we'll come out the side without more lockdowns.
Correct apart from complete f### up in the lead up to Xmas and immediately after (sending kids back to spread the virus for a day) all well after Cummings left.

Finally on the right track.

Needs to keep ignoring erstewhile allies such as the Mail.

Important difference between is a vaccine safe and is it effective.

I do not know why the headlines are always on percentages of effectiveness in not catching COVID rather than percentage of effectiveness in terms of not getting really poorly and so poorly that you go to hospital and worse. All the vaccines are good in the latter terms. I understand that effectiveness in terms of not catching the virus is important to controlling its spread, but in terms of getting people to get vaccinated surely the message should be you'll probably not catch it and, if you do, it almost certainly will not be bad -and this applies to all the vaccines available.
You're right, all the vaccines are incredibly effective at stopping serious illness and even better at preventing death. The degree to which they prevent transmission is open to some debate. It's being reported they lower the chances of passing it on about 70% as this amount of people don't become infected, however it's likely the chances of transmission are even lower as those that do catch the virus (from a vaccinated person) will probably have it a much less serious case and therefore a smaller chance of infecting others.

You're right, all the vaccines are incredibly effective at stopping serious illness and even better at preventing death. The degree to which they prevent transmission is open to some debate. It's being reported they lower the chances of passing it on about 70% as this amount of people don't become infected, however it's likely the chances of transmission are even lower as those that do catch the virus (from a vaccinated person) will probably have it a much less serious case and therefore a smaller chance of infecting others.

I'd have thought the ones showing more symptoms would be less likely to pass on the virus. It's the people who show no symptoms who are more likely to pass it on, as they don't know they have it, and so won't be isolating. It's also the ones who know they have the virus and are carrying on as normal who need to be shot on sight, and so would less likely to pass on the virus too.

Has anyone on here decided not to have it? No damning words (at least from me), just interested to know the reasons why.

Wife has her's this morning, and obviously as I'm considerably younger, I'll have to wait a bit longer....

I just cannot understand some people. Listening on the radio to people saying they don't trust the vaccine. Ffs, based on what evidence? Some poxy nutjob internet post?

Is Professor Van Tam lying to the whole world? Is he keen on his mum getting the jab so it kills her and he inherits?

Why are so many people so stupid?

Obviously there is a minute risk, as with all operations carrying risk. However, when compared to the risk of not having the vaccine the risk is tiny. Some people just can't reason properly. Apparently about one in 40,000 die on the operating table. These idiots would refuse much needed surgery with that reasoning.

Then there's the selfish c###s. Wife's friend has a daughter who's a nurse and she's had the jab. Her husband won't have it unless he needs to so as to be able to go on holiday.

Aaaaaargh!!!!!

Rant over for today.

The anti vax story got going before it got going if you get my drift. It was a story that could be introduced without more than anecdotal evidence, attached to whatever group, thinking, or anything else of your choice and allowed to run. Of course there are real issues but the floated story has been the real goer and it keeps on going. I understand how some people, who tend not to get their information from "official" stories, will have been wary at least. That wariness has been exploited by bad actors and fantasists but is now being properly addressed and is declining.

There are individuals who enjoy being contrary beyond the usual wind up and the vaccine is a godsend to their need for distraction. Are you sure your man is not one of those 58? We're weird us humans and amongst 70 million the weirdest are beyond explanation or understanding.

The way that I understand it is that us immunised folk will be protected from severe reactions and the nut jobs will go round infecting each other and getting sick.
So, if they refuse the vaccine and get really sick, it’s on them.
The infection rate will become slightly irrelevant and it will be the hospitalisation rate and death rate that becomes important.

The anti vax story got going before it got going if you get my drift. It was a story that could be introduced without more than anecdotal evidence, attached to whatever group, thinking, or anything else of your choice and allowed to run. Of course there are real issues but the floated story has been the real goer and it keeps on going. I understand how some people, who tend not to get their information from "official" stories, will have been wary at least. That wariness has been exploited by bad actors and fantasists but is now being properly addressed and is declining.

There are individuals who enjoy being contrary beyond the usual wind up and the vaccine is a godsend to their need for distraction. Are you sure your man is not one of those 58? We're weird us humans and amongst 70 million the weirdest are beyond explanation or understanding.
Fair points jogills and I reckon some of the reluctant will go along with the crowd when having the vaccine is the norm.

Unfortunately my anecdote is an example of rank selfishness and stupidity which isn't as rare as I'd like.

Us oldies remember from our parents what health was like before the miracle of vaccines. Some younger people seem to take their safety for granted.

Fingers crossed that the doubters will go along with the majority. For once I'd like them to be like sheep in such a scenario.

The way that I understand it is that us immunised folk will be protected from severe reactions and the nut jobs will go round infecting each other and getting sick.
So, if they refuse the vaccine and get really sick, it’s on them.
The infection rate will become slightly irrelevant and it will be the hospitalisation rate and death rate that becomes important.
Some truth in that but I hear that if the virus isn't severely suppressed it has more opportunity to mutate and new strains may be able to reinfect people. Hence although it is tempting to think "f### the idiots, let them get ill/die" their irresponsibility could endanger the rest of us.

Being bored enough to watch Daytime TV today, I caught Dr Xand Van Tulleken talking about some social media posts where people that have had the jab are actually crediting it with helping existing health issues including pain conditions and eczema.

Although he thinks that should be taken with a pinch of salt, anything that boosts antibodies and your immune system could have such bonus benefits.

That should be a further incentive to take the jab and puts in to perspective any minor risks or temporary side effects.