Coronavirus vaccine | Page 61 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

There is absolutely no point mentioning what is going to happen further down the line until we know what the data shows when we have approximately 7-10m people mixing for two or three weeks of when the schools go back. Only after analysing the data of that should he even think about future possible dates IMO.

By the end of March the whole scenario could have changed. Are schools going to close again as soon as there is an outbreak like before? Home schooling has been a traumatic experience for most, although I'm not sure who has suffered most, the kids, parents or teachers but they have at the forefront over the last few months and its the teachers that are now going back into the face if the fire again without being protected.
Yes it could have changed so I refer you to my previous post.
I think he has been perfectly clear what will happen and what might stop that happening, if he hadn't given at least some idea of dates, the press and businessmen would have a field day.

I think he has been perfectly clear what will happen and what might stop that happening, if he hadn't given at least some idea of dates, the press and businessmen would have a field day.

I get that but you just have to watch the news headlines, its all about the dates. Jo public don't hear the caveats, all they hear and see are the dates.

I get that but you just have to watch the news headlines, its all about the dates. Jo public don't hear the caveats, all they hear and see are the dates.
I somehow agree with both of you. I don't like dates but the media and Joe public demand them.

My one concern is if Johnson has the backbone to put the dates back if the data looks worse than expected. On past performance he'll cave in and we'll have another f###i g lockdown. If his newly grown bertebrae stand up he'll do the right think but I'm not holding my breath.

Get the maximum number vaccinated and sort out those twats that don't want it. That's our best chance.

Overall pleased with the approach.

Potential problems are the rush to get all school kids back in one week. Should be phased as in Scotland as it's bound to increase the R rate and the practicalities of testing hundreds of school kids regularly are a massive hurdle, one that many people don't seem to appreciate. As usual, decision makers have taken no notice ofthose that have to carry out the policies.

Need a decent Track and Trace system in place from 21st June to avoid a resurgence and I see no prospect of that with the present shambles and waste of public money on a private company screwing it up.

Need to give proper support to those that are asked to isolate otherwise many won't. I can afford to but others can't and of course the data shows that the poor are more likely to get Covid due to work/home conditions.

Fantastic news on the vaccine roll out and its efficacy though.
:-)

Overall pleased with the approach.

Potential problems are the rush to get all school kids back in one week. Should be phased as in Scotland as it's bound to increase the R rate and the practicalities of testing hundreds of school kids regularly are a massive hurdle, one that many people don't seem to appreciate. As usual, decision makers have taken no notice ofthose that have to carry out the policies.

Need a decent Track and Trace system in place from 21st June to avoid a resurgence and I see no prospect of that with the present shambles and waste of public money on a private company screwing it up.

Need to give proper support to those that are asked to isolate otherwise many won't. I can afford to but others can't and of course the data shows that the poor are more likely to get Covid due to work/home conditions.

Fantastic news on the vaccine roll out and its efficacy though.
:-)

Agree with all of that.

Sending all kids back at once is certainly a high risk strategy. When gou think it's not only the kids going back and mixing, its the parents in the playground plus the parents who've had to work from home because little Johnny is off school having the opportunity/being forced back into the office.

Expecting secondary school kids to be tested twice a week is naive. It just ain't going to happen.

The idea is fine, but reality is different.

Nobs, just so you know that the Conservatives at right behind you in a bid to have front line cops vaccinated asap - here`s what Adam Holloway, Tory MP Gravesham, Kent wrote on his Facebook page on 20th Feb, when he was urging people to get their vaccination:

"We must try and stop the Covid deaths in Gravesham
So who should and should not be vaccinated?"

[Holloway goes on to list groups as per HMG]

"Please do NOT try and get a vaccination if you are not in these groups (which include those medical or caring occupations on the list to have been vaccinated), please do not accept a vaccination before it is your turn. I was horrified when a fit and healthy Police Officer friend of mine in his 20s told me he had been vaccinated."

Horrified ? Horrified, really. Poor chap.

"Please do NOT try and get a vaccination if you are not in these groups (which include those medical or caring occupations on the list to have been vaccinated), please do not accept a vaccination before it is your turn. I was horrified when a fit and healthy Police Officer friend of mine in his 20s told me he had been vaccinated."

Horrified ? Horrified, really. Poor chap.

I wonder he got it? Current schedule is;;

• people aged 64 and over
  • people who are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
  • people who are at moderate risk from coronavirus (clinically vulnerable)
  • people who live or work in care homes
  • health and social care workers
  • people who are eligible for Carer's Allowance

• people who are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)

Sorry 3x6, is that "if he got it" - had the jab ?

If that`s what you`re alluding to, well, i`d be horrified if he had received the jab, he`s not old enough. Absolutely horrified, bemused with a punitive thread of incredulity, even.

Sorry 3x6, is that "if he got it" - had the jab ?

If that`s what you`re alluding to, well, i`d be horrified if he had received the jab, he`s not old enough. Absolutely horrified, bemused with a punitive thread of incredulity, even.
Yeah sorry, my laptop seems to keep freezing. "I wonder how he got it". He isn't in the list of people that are currently prioritised.

I suppose it is only really an issue if someone doesn't get a vaccine they were due because someone else got it, and then they died,. That would be very unlikely however

Wrong use of the word, but I can see why people would be fucked off if they’re worried about a relative of theirs who is due a vaccine and hasn’t had it, while fit and healthy people have skipped the queue ahead of them due to their job.

Personally I’m hoping everyone 50+ get the two doses before I get any, along with the 7.4 million other vulnerable people below that age. I’m happy for police and teachers to get it before me too.

The problem from this level is it becomes a free-fall. My flatmate is a teacher and isn’t particularly worried about getting it himself, though he understands it simply isn’t possible to maintain social media in his secondary school at times. He’s not demanding a jab, but also says “if we get vaccinated then shop workers and train staff will be demanding them too, along with deliveroo staff. There’s got to be a limit”

Like I say, I can understand people’s frustration if the odd ones slip through the net. Overall I can only commend the actions of the NHS and the Government in this roll-out.

Well, I had my first jab today in Ashford. I am not fully sure why I was invited for one as I am not old, ill or a keyworker, but I was happy to accept. I have a couple of run-of-the-mill underlying conditions, which are very minor in my opinion, so I guess I may have somehow fallen into the extra group of 1.8 million? I did consider contacting my doctor to query why, but thought that would actually waste more time for the NHS than just getting the jab. I was right as it was organised brilliantly and efficently and I was in and out for the actual jab in less than a minute with a 15 min wait after to make sure I had no reaction.

I have now had it myself and taken my mother and father-in-law for theirs in Folkestone and from what I've heard from my family in Medway and from a family member in Sussex who is giving the jabs as well as reports in the press and media generally, it seems that the whole vaccine programme is going swimmingly. Take into account the figures we are seeing for the vaccine roll out and I think that huge credit needs to go to all in the NHS, the government, army, scientists, those involved in the manufacture and distribution, volunteers and any others involved.

There is no doubt that there have been some huge mistakes made, but the vaccine roll-out is a step in the right direction and, for me, Boris's roadmap is about right. Cautiously opening things and getting back to normal, but with checks and balances and room to be flexible and stricter if need be. Obviously, it was never going to please everyone, I've already seen my usual Facebook friends having a meltdown about gyms ("get a life" comes to mind) and the Covid deniers in the media, such as Hartley-Brewer having a hissy fit because she can't go out for a meal and on the other side, I've seen criticism from the over-cautious who don't want anything open until the wole virus is eradicated (which isn't going to happen).

Personally, I'd love to go down the pub and have a meal or pint and with the weather at the moment, we could even do a pub garden, but I am happy to hold fire for the timebeing. I've also got tickets for the England group games in the Euros and would love to go to them all, but it's looking like at least the first two games, including Scotland - before 21 June - are going to be restricted to 10,000, so doubt I'll be one of them, but there is a prospect of a bigger capacity for the last group game. I'd love to go to any of the games, but if it's in the interests of the health of others and beating down the virus, I'll happily pass on them, get a few hundred quid back and watch them on the box.