Coronavirus vaccine | Page 59 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Serous question.

What side effects are people getting from the jab?

Myself and wife (pfizer) - very minor fluey impact.

Family member 1 (oxford) - fluey - sick
Family member 2 (oxford) - serious side effects and taken to hospital

Had ours just over 3 weeks ago,
Both had Oxford Zeneca
Wife very little reaction sore arm for few hours
Myself Woke next morning,joints ached terrible,dropped off for hour in morning,woke and temperature had shot up,then just wore off during evening normal next day

Missus last Tues, me last Weds.
Very efficient operation
Both Pfizer. Missus slightly sore arm forone day. Me, no reaction whatsoever.
Glad we didn't insist on the "British one":grinning:

Really happy with this vaccine roll out. Hope it doesn't get thrown away by a hasty end to lockdown.

Last edited:
Missus last Tues, me last Weds.
Very efficient operation
Both Pfizer. Missus slightly sore arm forone day. Me, no reaction whatsoever.
Glad we didn't insist on the "British one":grinning:

Really happy with this vaccine rill out. Hope it doesn't get thrown away by a hasty end to lockdown.
Won't be hasty enough for some 🙄

Very efficient rollout at our surgery. I had the AZ jab - headache first day then sore arm but nothing terrible. My wife had Pfizer - not much in way of side effects.

Had ours just over 3 weeks ago,
Both had Oxford Zeneca
Wife very little reaction sore arm for few hours
Myself Woke next morning,joints ached terrible,dropped off for hour in morning,woke and temperature had shot up,then just wore off during evening normal next day

That's cos you're the real princess!

I've had one Moderna -no reaction
Wife had two Pfizers -no reaction, but sore arm
I had three Boddington's -slight slurring and delayed response time, but I was already tired and watching All Creatures Great and Small (new)

Last edited:
I do think it's too early for schools to go back in March. Teachers should be vaccinated before pupils are allowed back. My two sisters and a niece are teachers, and they all think that schools shouldn't reopen until September, and just restart last year, with kids staying at school a year longer.
I also think frontline workers should be vaccinated before we ease lockdown, as they come into contact every day with people.
My stepdaughter, who's a track and tracer, thinks that lockdown should continue until everyone is vaccinated. She thinks the there should be more support for people losing money, and furlough should be 100%. Protecting lives and keeping people out if hospital is more important than the finances of the country, which we can sort out over the next few years. She also supports the vaccination passport, and not to allow anyone into a public building without one. She's 24 and deals with virus sufferers every day. And yes, she still has to deal with deniers, who still think the virus is fake even though they have tested positive for it and some are really ill, but put it down to a cold or flu...

That's it, then - Return of the super spreaders.

I am no scientist but the upward trend of cases started in late September last year which, allowing for the incubation period, points to the reason being something that happens in early September each year...

Cases from the end of lockdown in July, through to September, had been kept relatively low.

I really hope I am wrong but look for an upward trend in early April this time, although it should not be as bad if the vaccines have had the desired effect and protect the over 50s from catching it from the super spreaders.

Not sure what the answer is long term as the vaccines can not be given to under 16s. I suppose if everyone else gets vaccinated, the cases will drop to a much more manageable level and hopefully more treatments, on top of the vaccines, will be developed.

I just feel sorry for hospitality, which had taken such steps to control their environments last year until September arrived, and yet are being asked to take the main hit - again.

Youngest daughter is a teacher literally worked every day since beginning of pandemic,teacher of vulnerable children,occasionally had to isolate but all she gets is a Covid test once a week now,and that is only recent addition.

Thought you might like an insight into the situation here. Elena has had two vaccinations of the Sputnik vaccine at a 3 week interval. Her job is considered a vital one and I'm not referring to her part time fashion modelling! (they don't seem to have the front line workers concept here). She is in her 30s.

There is a high level of scepticism still about the vaccine. Peer reviews in the UK as reported in the Lancet suggest it is effective at a similar level to the Astra one. There is strict advice about alcohol consumption: no drinking from the first vaccination until three weeks after the second.

I have had the first Sputnik jab (had to pay as a foreigner) So I am forcibly having to give up celebrating the occasional Gills win with russian champagne but it does at least coincide with Lent!

Elena is very worried about her late 60s mamochka back in Ukraine with no news yet of a vaccination in her town many kilometres away from Kiev.

The Government is concentrating on the very biggest cities in the vaccination programme and Moscow has had by far the worst outbreak.
In the UK we have, generally, been very suspicious of the Russian and Chinese vaccines. 'Would you trust a Russian vaccine?' type comments. To me though Russian and Chinese scientists are surely just as competent as our own and their Governments will make adequate funds available. A lot of politics at play here I suspect. Many countries are quite happy to buy from Russia and China. Who are we (UK) to be sniffy about it?

I agree with that Suffolk but it's fairly basic human stuff. Apparently numbers of Germans have tried to swerve the Oxford/Astrazeneca in order to get an alternative. Their health minister has given them short shrift and said that if you are offered any approved dose then that's your lot, you've had your chance. I'd have taken the Mahvareh 666 Iranian vaccine if such a thing existed. How many times has a nation attempted to kill its entire population by administering dodgy vaccines. Now if they had an export only version.....