Coronavirus vaccine | Page 58 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Thought you might like an insight into the situation here. Elena has had two vaccinations of the Sputnik vaccine at a 3 week interval. Her job is considered a vital one and I'm not referring to her part time fashion modelling! (they don't seem to have the front line workers concept here). She is in her 30s.

There is a high level of scepticism still about the vaccine. Peer reviews in the UK as reported in the Lancet suggest it is effective at a similar level to the Astra one. There is strict advice about alcohol consumption: no drinking from the first vaccination until three weeks after the second.

I have had the first Sputnik jab (had to pay as a foreigner) So I am forcibly having to give up celebrating the occasional Gills win with russian champagne but it does at least coincide with Lent!

Elena is very worried about her late 60s mamochka back in Ukraine with no news yet of a vaccination in her town many kilometres away from Kiev.

The Government is concentrating on the very biggest cities in the vaccination programme and Moscow has had by far the worst outbreak.

There will be less flu deaths simply due to social distancing and lockdown Does that mean that you can add or take off 20000 from the covid death figures for the average. People can use these figures in any way to prove their argument.

as you say the figures will tell us more over a longer period.

"....
there had been very many other cases like ours where 'the deceased' had not tested positive for Covid, yet it was recorded as the cause of death.

They agreed that, yes, it must distort the national figures — 'and yet the strangest thing is that every winter we record countless deaths from flu, and this winter there have been none. Not one!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...onic-illness-hes-officially-Covid-victim.html

I bought a perfect draft machine during lockdown. Dont buy one if you are looking to reduce beer consumption. They are amazing machines

Ah, so you have a Heineken 'Sub' too then?! Only problem is when the pump needs changing or is on the way out (will intermittently make loud, wheezing noise).

"....
there had been very many other cases like ours where 'the deceased' had not tested positive for Covid, yet it was recorded as the cause of death.

They agreed that, yes, it must distort the national figures — 'and yet the strangest thing is that every winter we record countless deaths from flu, and this winter there have been none. Not one!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...onic-illness-hes-officially-Covid-victim.html
I seem to remember being dismissed as some sort of conspiracy theorist when I recounted stories of two colleagues who experienced exactly the same after losing loved ones 🙄
(Not by you Gilles I must add)

I’m not exactly a Guardian reader but how the fuck has this High Court ruling been buried?! Matt Hancock has been judged to have performed such a mandatory failure of duty and surely his job must come into question. It seems at the moment that as we’re in the middle of a pandemic that Matt could become the next Ripper and can’t have his position put into doubt.

Presumably Starmer can’t be seen as playing politics during an epidemic but you’ve got to at least reassure the public that he’ll pay for this afterwards? Surely there should be some public outrage in the first place

Given how influential the media is on this nation’s citizens it makes you wonder what’s gone on with the media. It’s astonishing how it’s only front page on the Guardian and a sub-headline in the Independent. Instead some non-story about the royal family has whipped them up into a frenzy, if it it wasn’t that then it would’ve some other issue in USA, or otherwise Captain Tom Moore’s garden not being mowed this weekend or whatever.

“ The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”

It will all be pushed under the carpet as procedural mistakes whilst dealing with the pandemic. All just a little admin error. Why would our press want to upset their mates?

The media have their part to play but the contracts cannot be concealed and there will be a reckoning. Ultimately it will be down to the great mass of the public. Will they be so grateful to be shot of it all that they ignore/forgive evertything or will they visit resentment for all the earlier mistakes on the government.

The media have their part to play but the contracts cannot be concealed and there will be a reckoning. Ultimately it will be down to the great mass of the public. Will they be so grateful to be shot of it all that they ignore/forgive evertything or will they visit resentment for all the earlier mistakes on the government.

Mistakes in this emergency can be forgiven or excused.
Corruption could not be.

Serous question.

What side effects are people getting from the jab?

Myself and wife (pfizer) - very minor fluey impact.

Family member 1 (oxford) - fluey - sick
Family member 2 (oxford) - serious side effects and taken to hospital

Two Oxford's -

Wife - slightly sore arm after two days and it soon went away
Me - nothing, did not know I had even had it

Both very happy about the jabs, if nothing else (other than the Gills win yesterday).

PS - exactly the same for both of us after the flu jabs.

Serous question.

Sorry to hear about your second family member, Jerry. Have they recovered or are they still hospitalised?

My other half had her Pfizer jab late on Thursday and I had mine early on Friday. Like you two, we have both suffered joint aches (like in mild flu) since, but nothing worse, and no sickness.

The mother of a friend of ours had quite a severe reaction for about 3 hours and was quite sick for a few days but we do not know which version she received.

I read something the other day that suggested that there are likely to be more side effects after the second jab than after the first one.

Serous question.

Father in law (Oxford) - sore/achey arm for a couple of days.
Mother in law (Pfizer) - Slight fluey symptoms for a couple of days.
Father (Oxford) - nothing

Serous question.

Girlfriend (Sputnik vaccine) two times, no reaction

Me (Sputnik first vaccination) - no adverse reaction but expect to be docking with the International Space Station soon.

I’m not exactly a Guardian reader but how the fuck has this High Court ruling been buried?! Matt Hancock has been judged to have performed such a mandatory failure of duty and surely his job must come into question. It seems at the moment that as we’re in the middle of a pandemic that Matt could become the next Ripper and can’t have his position put into doubt.

Presumably Starmer can’t be seen as playing politics during an epidemic but you’ve got to at least reassure the public that he’ll pay for this afterwards? Surely there should be some public outrage in the first place

Given how influential the media is on this nation’s citizens it makes you wonder what’s gone on with the media. It’s astonishing how it’s only front page on the Guardian and a sub-headline in the Independent. Instead some non-story about the royal family has whipped them up into a frenzy, if it it wasn’t that then it would’ve some other issue in USA, or otherwise Captain Tom Moore’s garden not being mowed this weekend or whatever.

“ The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
Excellent post Trev and says alot about our society and who has a grip over it.

As you say, if Starmer says anything it is called "playing politics" which is extra ironic given it's actually his job to hold the Government to account. The vast majority of the (right wing) media feeding the public with the trivia you identify. They've achieved the almost impossible and got me to feel a little sympathy for a member of the royal family (Harry).

Last edited:
I know about 20 people who have had either the Oxford or Pfizer vaccines, and most have been ok. I'd say that the Oxford vaccine has given more side affects, worst being someone who was laid up for just over a week. It seems to be true that the second jab gives worst side effects, but only know three people who have had two jabs, and neither were John Prescott...

Ah, so you have a Heineken 'Sub' too then?! Only problem is when the pump needs changing or is on the way out (will intermittently make loud, wheezing noise).

I don't have a sub I have the perfect draft from Philips. Chose that as it has a wider range of kegs..

Serous question.

Had my jab 1 week ago, dull ache in upper arm for a couple of days, then forgot about it. (pfizer)