Coronavirus vaccine | Page 55 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Quite a few second home owners arriving in Instow today.
Our rate is virtually nil, so fingers crossed.

Me and the wife got our first one today. Booked in for second one in 11 weeks. Very professional set up. Just waiting for any weird side effects 😳

India started ramping up the production of the oxford vaccine in march 2020 based on the hope that the trials would be ok. This is the largest vaccine manufacturer worldwide. In parallel they stocked vials etc. Now supplying not only India but neighbouring countries. Going for 350m people covered in india within a few months.
But the whole population will not be vaccinated until late 2022 apparently

Either the website was overwhelmed, or suffering a glitch, or they read this board and read my grumble. Now booked in for 1st & 2nd jabs, 1st in a week. No idea when aany easing of restrictions will come but this has cheered me up a bit. Sheerness here I come!
Is there a special vaccine for people on the Isle of Sheppey?

We live life collectively. We experience it individually. Lock downs and roll outs are numbers games playing the percentages. Bound to be insane, absurd, and unfair outcomes in individual terms, but the point is to get the herd over the line. Of course, this means you or I as individuals might not make it. That is the deal, and all the sweet talking, caring, calibrated talk in the world can’t alter that.

I think it no accident that collectivist societies with strong social discipline were good at the lockdown bit and individualist societies with a focus on finding opportunities and getting on with it were good at the production and distribution stuff vaccine-wise.

Johnson, please don't cave in to the CRG nutters and release from lockdown too quickly again.

Figures coming down nicely. Be cautious.

Have to agree with Nobby about the peurile media obsessing with dates. We can't fix dates. The virus doesn't work like that. Obsessing with dates in the past has led the government to loosen up when it wasn't appropriate.

I know it's really frustrating but our policies cannot be influenced by choosing particular dates or time limits.

What we should have had (and might eventually get next week) is the criteria by which we will come out of lockdown, such as a combination of R number/cases/hospitalisations/deaths.

Johnson, please don't cave in to the CRG nutters and release from lockdown too quickly again.

Figures coming down nicely. Be cautious.

Have to agree with Nobby about the peurile media obsessing with dates. We can't fix dates. The virus doesn't work like that. Obsessing with dates in the past has led the government to loosen up when it wasn't appropriate.

I know it's really frustrating but our policies cannot be influenced by choosing particular dates or time limits.

What we should have had (and might eventually get next week) is the criteria by which we will come out of lockdown, such as a combination of R number/cases/hospitalisations/deaths.
I think those figures will come out in his road map on the 22nd.
The media thing is getting right on my nerves now, every press briefing is followed by "when will you lift lockdown?" etc etc. Problem is, it's starting to bleed through to the public now, loads of people on social media claiming we should start lifting restrictions now the oldies have had the jab and let the young get on with it. Now, as much as I agree with some of the sentiment, with caveats, it's become a classic example of the media driving the news and is highly dangerous.
Johnson has said today that he is determined that this will be the last lockdown but that that will mean doing it gently and getting it right. Must say I totally agree and will gladly take another two months of relatively tight restrictions if it means less people dying and all of us getting back to some sort of normality.
Incidentally 58, have you noticed the change in tack of Johnson's briefings in the months since Cummings went?
Far less bluster and gusto about how brilliant "we" are (as claimed over the "world beating" test and trace) and more careful optimism with a pinch of humility and gratitude for the work others are doing? As I said to Buddha (I think) some weeks ago, too much of what politicians say is taken literally and credited to them directly when most of the time, they are just mouthpieces for high ranking civil servants who "advise" them on what the public want to hear.
I saw an opinion poll the other day that puts The Tories back in the lead, bet Johnson wishes he'd ditched DC straight after his "eyesight test" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Johnson has said today that he is determined that this will be the last lockdown but that that will mean doing it gently and getting it right. Must say I totally agree and will gladly take another two months of relatively tight restrictions if it means less people dying and all of us getting back to some sort of normality.

Problem is, hope always seems to be 2 months away.

Lockdown is an inconvenience to me, but some of my contacts (work colleagues) really are desperate at the moment. This lockdown is more difficult for them than the first one. And these are people that have jobs, it must be horrendous for people without jobs, or in abusive / poverty stricken households where there's no escape

The media thing is getting right on my nerves now, every press briefing is followed by "when will you lift lockdown?" etc etc. Problem is, it's starting to bleed through to the public now, loads of people on social media claiming we should start lifting restrictions now the oldies have had the jab and let the young get on with it. Now, as much as I agree with some of the sentiment, with caveats, it's become a classic example of the media driving the news and is highly dangerous.
Incidentally 58, have you noticed the change in tack of Johnson's briefings in the months since Cummings went?
Far less bluster and gusto about how brilliant "we" are (as claimed over the "world beating" test and trace) and more careful optimism with a pinch of humility and gratitude for the work others are doing? As I said to Buddha (I think) some weeks ago, too much of what politicians say is taken literally and credited to them directly when most of the time, they are just mouthpieces for high ranking civil servants who "advise" them on what the public want to hear.
I saw an opinion poll the other day that puts The Tories back in the lead, bet Johnson wishes he'd ditched DC straight after his "eyesight test" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bojo is 5 points ahead and Starmer steadily losing ground. Having a meeting with Unite at Heathrow in a small conference room with no social distancing and no masks and then allowing a photo to be published before being hastily deleted is as ham-fisted as Bojo was last year.

Yes re Jonnson. Still loathe the lying sh#t but the briefings are now bearable and less of this world beating/moonshot sh#t. I assume Allegra Sratton his new media person has got hold of him and sorted it. He has developed a tiny bit of a spine.

Yes, agree with another 2 months of tight restrictions.

Re the polls I'm not to worried as people will wish success and it's good news coming. Starmer is playing the long game. The useless twats on the.left like Burgon are trying to wreck the party but Starmer will see it out. When this Covid crisis ends, the initial euphoria wears off and a recession kicks in then Johnson's days will be numbered. The Tories will ditch him as soon as he becomes a liability.

Last edited:
Bojo is 5 points ahead and Starmer steadily losing ground. Having a meeting with Unite at Heathrow in a small conference room with no social distancing and no masks and then allowing a photo to be published before being hastily deleted is as ham-fisted as Bojo was last year.
Come off it Phil. Starmer would have to f#ck up every day for a month to get anywhere near Johnson's ineptitude.

Mega respect to the volunteers being deliberately infected with Covid for valuable research on behalf of us all.

Genuine heroes.

Contrast with the selfish, stupid ####s who refuse to take the vaccine and consequently endanger society ( both physically and financially with lockdown likely being longer).

Got my text today and booked in for next Wednesday - not quite sure why as I am not 60 yet but I did not decline the offer.
As to letting the young out once the oldies are vaccinated I am not sure that is a good idea with something that mutates faster among more carriers. Last thing we need is risking a change that increases mortality or bypasses existing vaccine benefits.
I think spread needs to get very low first and then behave more like Australia and NZ by reacting fast to any outbreak.

I am 62 but received a call today offering me the Pfizer vaccine at Harrietsham Medical Centre early Friday Morning. My other half who is 60 has been offered the same, late on Thursday afternoon.

I have no underlying health conditions of note and my partner only has an underactive thyroid, but the impression I got is that each different centre is working down an allocated list and Harrietsham seem to be ahead of schedule with theirs.

The bizarre thing is that we live in Headcorn, where the Doctors surgery (which we are registered with) is doing vaccinations and there is also one of those mass vaccination centres at Headcorn Aerodrome.

I would anticipate that a nurse or doctor will administer my jab, whereas the mass vaccination centre has mainly trained up volunteers which I would not be so confident about, so I am pretty chuffed and grateful.