Coronavirus vaccine | Page 51 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

If it really is as simple as changing the words from, "Arbeit macht frei", to, "Vaccines are safe path to freedom", then I really don't know what the fuss is about or why he's been arrested. He's making a political point, one that most people will reject, but a political point nevertheless. There doesn't appear to be any hate speech there.

We don't know the reasons for the arrest as you have stated, but people are going to be offended by someone equating the vaccination of a nation to try and make people safe, with the deliberate killing of millions of people. People relate Aushwitz with the gassing of 6 million Jews / Gypsies, not with a tyrannical dictatorship oppressing people.

They could have used other images (e.g the "safe" Titanic), or cartoons of Nazi soldiers etc

There are standards and regulations for goods. If the goods don't meet the standards then you have some rights as the customer. ......

Not for vaccines, though. This is a negative side of the pharmaceutical industry, whereby they are protected against any possible lawsuits which their vaccines might otherwise incur.

Wasn't correcting you mate, it appears to be Piers who got it wrong. The ironic thing is that the analogy is quite good as the vaccine will ultimately set us free. Where Mr C has it badly wrong is that, for the victims of Auschwitz, work did not have the same result. I personally find the comparison grossly offensive which is why I assumed a public order offence but malicious comes would fit the bill if he's been posting the leaflets through people's doors.
Must admit, this guy seems to be pinging the moral radar quite a lot lately but I'd never heard of him before coronavirus, I wonder what his beef was before that?

A few years back this little island on the Thames called Raven's Ait was squatted* and I remember going there one time. It was quite cool, they had to row over to the mainland to collect you and then row you back to the island. Anyway, they had this talk on about squatting in London in the 1970s and one of the speakers was Piers Corbyn. I can't remember too much about it but he had been one of the London squatters who were campaigning in the late 1970s. He had some good photos, I seem to remember!

Anyway, I'd completely forgotten who he was until Jeremy Corbyn became Labour leader. Then I remembered that his name had been Piers Corbyn and I checked it out. Yeah, they're brothers.

I think before all this anti-vax conspiracy stuff he was into weather syatems or something. He's a nutter!

*EDIT: just found this!:
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/271814

Provided it`s not unlawful, Corbyn should be allowed to have his say. I note that he has been bailed from the police station (apparently having turned up there of his own volition) so, notwithstanding any other matters (as Nobby mentions), criminality, or the lack of it, associated with the speech/leaflet will be now determined in conjunction with the CPS.

Piers does seem to like the limelight and our media seem to be very obliging. Personally, I think he`s a twat, but the real measure of his standing will be whether or not the good folk of the metropolis decide to vote him into the Mayor`s office.

A few years back this little island on the Thames called Raven's Ait was squatted* and I remember going there one time. It was quite cool, they had to row over to the mainland to collect you and then row you back to the island.

I`ve stayed on Ravens Ait - it was a few years back and I was there for a few days of canoeing.

Not for vaccines, though. This is a negative side of the pharmaceutical industry, whereby they are protected against any possible lawsuits which their vaccines might otherwise incur.

I think that only applies for the current crop of corona virus vaccines and was brought about by the urgency to get them online.

I`ve stayed on Ravens Ait - it was a few years back and I was there for a few days of canoeing.

The place was great and I've often wondered about the eviction. It must have been a bit of an operation.

The squatters were a strange lot though. They were friendly enough but they had loads of rules including no alcohol! We stayed for a while, listened to the talks, and then left to go to the pub.

Last edited:
The place was great and I've often wondered about the eviction. It must have been a bit of an operation.

The squatters were a strange lot though. They were friendly enough but they had loads of rules including no alcohol! We stayed for a while, listened to the talks, and then left to go to the pub.

Steady...... they might have had you down as double agent infiltrators !
btw, You`re up early.

My Mrs works at the testing centre at the Black Lion so is eligible for the vaccine. She had her appointment at Medway hospital this morning, straight in no waiting around and very well run. The efficiency of this vaccine roll out has been excellent so far it has to be said.
2 of my mates in the 65-70 age bracket are being done tomorrow. Ahead of schedule. Great, especially as it reduces transmission too.

Note it is the NHS and Army doing this, not some Tory private firm thank f###.

Well done to Hancock for buying in to so many and different types of vaccine though. Best of luck to him in resisting the right wing nutters in his party (CRG) who want to open up asap and cause another disaster.

I suspect that buying large numbers of the different vaccines early on was a bit of a gamble and they probably expected a number of them to fail. As it turned out it looks like we hit the jackpot in that they all seem to work.
Can you imagne the reponse if only one worked out - Boris & Hancock would have been ripped apart.
Fortune favours the brave sometimes

Note it is the NHS and Army doing this, not some Tory private firm thank f###.

Absolutely right mate, my Mrs and her workmates are receptionists redeployed to assist in the rapid test centre. I wasn't happy about it tbh but the training she recieved was run by the army and it was kept simple and she and her mates have been thoroughly protected. No red tape to fill in, no diversity quotas, no over the top health and safety, there's a job to do let's fucking get it done.

Absolutely right mate, my Mrs and her workmates are receptionists redeployed to assist in the rapid test centre. I wasn't happy about it tbh but the training she recieved was run by the army and it was kept simple and she and her mates have been thoroughly protected. No red tape to fill in, no diversity quotas, no over the top health and safety, there's a job to do let's fucking get it done.

Had mine at strood and my wife at Lordswood. Excellent organisation and efficiency.

I suspect that buying large numbers of the different vaccines early on was a bit of a gamble and they probably expected a number of them to fail. As it turned out it looks like we hit the jackpot in that they all seem to work.
Can you imagne the reponse if only one worked out - Boris & Hancock would have been ripped apart.
I remember defending the decision to buy into all sorts at the time. As you say, given the crisis it was worth the gamble and was a sensible insurance policy. That and the NHS vaccine roll out have been the two successes and I'm delighted.

Shame about the multie f### ups, especially around Xmas when Johnson refused to learn from previous mistakes andshould have known better by then.

Anyway, thanks to the vaccine I'm feeling confident at last. Just hope Johnson doesn't cave in too soon to the nutters again.

I remember defending the decision to buy into all sorts at the time. As you say, given the crisis it was worth the gamble and was a sensible insurance policy. That and the NHS vaccine roll out have been the two successes and I'm delighted.

Shame about the multie f### ups, especially around Xmas when Johnson refused to learn from previous mistakes andshould have known better by then.

Anyway, thanks to the vaccine I'm feeling confident at last. Just hope Johnson doesn't cave in too soon to the nutters again.
To use your own words on another post.....Zzzzzzzzzz

I Will probably be corrected but I believe each vaccine was pre ordered on the understanding that final order confirmation and payment would only happen if/when it was passed as fit for use. (Article from BBC re the new French vaccine states that 100m doses have been ordered "to ensure we can quickly deploy jabs across the UK if their candidate is approved")

But I've probably got that wrong as a prick like Johnson would never be so sensible 🙄

Yes, I think I should have used the word ordering rather than buying.
The contracts are commecially sensitive so what money changed hand and when may be tricky to pin down.