Coronavirus vaccine | Page 30 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

I think you are over analysing it somewhat. I was not making a profound and precise point, rather that people below 50 are getting ill and some seriously ill and even dying from the virus. The impression given to date has impled, imo, that only the ancient are realistically at risk.

This isn't a dig at Johnson by the way, so no need for auto defence.

The post of yours that I was responding to didn't even mention Johnson so not sure why you think my response was some sort of auto defence :unsure:

I think most people outside the "Covid is a man made bioweapon" people acknowledge that people under the age of 50 can catch it and catch it bad. I admit that the data is a little bit older now (November) but from the sort of table as per below

1609779908278.png
(source: https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/18/covid-infection-fatality-rates-sex-and-age-15163)

Sure people under the age of 50 can die from Covid, but only 0.168% upon catching it actually dies. On the grand scheme of things you still have pretty good odds of surviving what might still be an unpleasant experience. (of course it sucks if you are one of the 0.168% who dies).

The impression given to date has impled, imo, that only the ancient are realistically at risk.

So at what fatality rate would you put the line between "realistically at risk" and "minimal risk"?

New Bozo lockdown announcement tonight. Other than shutting the schools then not sure what further restrictions they can implement.

They could if they wanted restrict the shops that can open but I can't see them being that brave.

Had a walk through Rochester high street yesterday. It was really busy with people waiting outside the various coffee shops for their takeaways. Not sure they are really essential in an out of control pandemic, although fully appreciate the owners would point out that they are just trying to survive.

In my view we've got three months to endure before mass vaccinations are well underway. Lets go for a really hard lockdown and save tens of thousands of lives for the sake of 3 months. Compensate all the little cafe owners but let's shut all but food and medicines.

My daughter is off to work this week, she works for Next - click and collect remains open - Why ?

the virus largely dies out.

Does a virus die out ?
Isn't it always present , but because of immunity, it causes few problems ?
When one is vaccinated, the virus is being introduced into the body in a controlled and minute manner. One builds up resistant but the virus doesnt die and go away.

Had a walk through Rochester high street yesterday. It was really busy with people waiting outside the various coffee shops for their takeaways. Not sure they are really essential in an out of control pandemic, although fully appreciate the owners would point out that they are just trying to survive.

By definition, any establishment that sells food and drink is an essential store. If you want to argue if a coffee store is essential then you are going down the "does a scotch egg count as a substantial meal" route.

New Bozo lockdown announcement tonight. Other than shutting the schools then not sure what further restrictions they can implement.

They could if they wanted restrict the shops that can open but I can't see them being that brave.

In my view we've got three months to endure before mass vaccinations are well underway. Lets go for a really hard lockdown and save tens of thousands of lives for the sake of 3 months. Compensate all the little cafe owners but let's shut all but food and medicines.

My daughter is off to work this week, she works for Next - click and collect remains open - Why ?

It's amazing the number of shops that now claim to be essential. Whilst delivering in Richmond I noticed Ryman (the stationary place was open). How the fuck is that essential. Currys PC world doing click and collect. The range at dockside.Homebase. none are essential.

Robert Peston was suggesting DIY stores, builders merchants, garden centres were likely to be told to close along with a toughening up of "essential" food selling outlets.

It's amazing the number of shops that now claim to be essential. Whilst delivering in Richmond I noticed Ryman (the stationary place was open). How the fuck is that essential. Currys PC world doing click and collect. The range at dockside.Homebase. none are essential.

Robert Peston was suggesting DIY stores, builders merchants, garden centres were likely to be told to close along with a toughening up of "essential" food selling outlets.
I questioned that (Ryman) in Southend. Maybe someone would have an urgent need to staple something??????

For the last 2 or 3 weeks schools have been closed, so it stands to reason that infection rates should be very low.????
That didn't work so well then.
Correct decision by Johnson to go to tier 5 today and close schools imo (althiugh late as usual). I take it from your post that you think Johnson's decision is wrong.

Starmer specifically supported Johnson's decision today although no doubt you will somehow claim that he is putting the Labour party first by doing so. Starmer has made it clear all along that we should consider stronger measures (and proper planning).

So there we have it, I'm backing Johnson's call and Nitram specifically thinks what he is doing is a waste of time. That in spite of me apparently automatically disagreeing with whatever Johnson does.

Daughter was walking round Bluewater,had kiddies nature trail,she noticed that Lush was open as norma,really need bath bombs

Buddha - "I'm not anti-vaccine, I just want it explained to me why it is necessary for everybody to have it. I simply don't understand why giving it to the elderly, the vulnerable and the health workers isn't sufficient.

It's not too difficult a question and I jsut want someone to give me an answer!"

It probably will be sufficient, at least to stop people dying or dying. Also it has to be considered, if we think ahead a couple of months, whether the younger will be motivated to be vaccinated in the context of deaths being reduced to just a trickle

Ramager the only thing I could say to answer your question is that whilst the older are at far more risk of serious conditions, hospitalizsations and death younger people can be.

I had a mate late fifties, no underlying conditions spend 6 weeks in medway. He survived but think how much care he needed. Surely better to spend a fraction of his care cost to vaccinate him. The old adage that prevention is better than cure is all I have really.

I'm not a scientist but I guess we would need to reduce its spread as much as possible to prevent mutations which may become vaccine resistant.im not sure if being vaccinated prevents your spreading to be fair

I find it mind blowing that if we'd all kept away from each other (globally) for month then this would probably have gone as fast as it appeared. I know practically its hard to keep away from each other in modern life but really that's all we needed to do.

Correct decision by Johnson to go to tier 5 today and close schools imo (althiugh late as usual). I take it from your post that you think Johnson's decision is wrong.

Starmer specifically supported Johnson's decision today although no doubt you will somehow claim that he is putting the Labour party first by doing so. Starmer has made it clear all along that we should consider stronger measures (and proper planning).

So there we have it, I'm backing Johnson's call and Nitram specifically thinks what he is doing is a waste of time. That in spite of me apparently automatically disagreeing with whatever Johnson does.
You really do need to find help 58, going back and resurrecting' an old post made a day before Johnsons announcement and pretending it's new.