Coronavirus vaccine | Page 89 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Why aren't vaccine passports considered discrimination?

How long before jabs become mandatory
Jabs won’t become mandatory. Vaccine passports aren’t considered discrimination as you have a choice whether to have a vaccine, you have a choice whether to set up a vaccine passport and whether you use it. You have decisions and choices and if you decide not have a vaccine and use a vaccine passport, then like any bad decisions, there may be consequences. It’s only your Hartley-Brewer and Graham Brady type COVID deniers who have a hissy fit every time Covid vaccines or passports are mentioned as to accept we need a vaccine is acceptance that a pandemic which they deny exists actually does exist and has consequences.

Jabs won’t become mandatory. Vaccine passports aren’t considered discrimination as you have a choice whether to have a vaccine

I've been Pfizer'd twice Steve , so we don't really need to dispute the existence of covid.
If you choose not to vaccinate , you are then prohibited to enter certain events.
How is that NOT a form of discrimination ?
Exactly what kind of 'choice' are you being given ?

If you don't want a vaccine then yes you will be discriminated against.

Discrimination is a fact of life. I wanted to run in the Grand National but couldn't as they said I was not fast enough, discriminating bastards

I've been Pfizer'd twice Steve , so we don't really need to dispute the existence of covid.
If you choose not to vaccinate , you are then prohibited to enter certain events.

It’s discrimination in a sense, I guess. However, there is no law against discriminating against people who are stupid, ignorant, selfish and/or pigheaded. There’s a pandemic out there, thankfully we appear to be over the worst of it, but we all still need to do our bit and get vaccinated to ensure we stay on top of it. People have a right to not be vaccinated, but during a pandemic and COVID ain’t going away any time soon, if you choose not to do the sensible thing, there are likely to be consequences as with every bad decision in life. You can equally choose not to have a passport or a driver’s licence for whatever liberty principles you may have, but the consequence of that will be you can’t travel abroad or drive and it’s not discrimination to deny that.

Lots of reports locally and nationally of anti maskers abusing mask wearers. It seems they enjoy discriminating and abuse.

It’s discrimination in a sense, I guess. However, there is no law against discriminating against people who are stupid, ignorant, selfish and/or pigheaded. There’s a pandemic out there, thankfully we appear to be over the worst of it, but we all still need to do our bit and get vaccinated to ensure we stay on top of it. People have a right to not be vaccinated, but during a pandemic and COVID ain’t going away any time soon, if you choose not to do the sensible thing, there are likely to be consequences as with every bad decision in life. You can equally choose not to have a passport or a driver’s licence for whatever liberty principles you may have, but the consequence of that will be you can’t travel abroad or drive and it’s not discrimination to deny that.

the issue is not today its the chance of this being a forerunner for more sinister uses in the future.

Reports or facts lol.
Far more worrying for "freedom" Jerry are the proposals by this Government to restrict Judicial Review. Althoigh the worst aspects dreamt up are not yet being put forward, it is a slippery slope. A major concern for our Constitution. Heading towards all power to the Executive at the expense of the Legislature and Judiciary.

Give me ID cards all day long compared to this intrusion on our democracy.

It is discrimination and it’s implicitly mandating vaccination. I also have my doubts about data privacy. You can’t trust this government or other corporates with your personal information - but we’re effectively being told to divulge our medical history each time we want to pop to the cinema.

I do understand that it’s a difficult position for the government and I hope that there are rigorous charcoal and balances to govern anything that they introduce.

Far more worrying for "freedom" Jerry are the proposals by this Government to restrict Judicial Review. Althoigh the worst aspects dreamt up are not yet being put forward, it is a slippery slope. A major concern for our Constitution. Heading towards all power to the Executive at the expense of the Legislature and Judiciary.

Give me ID cards all day long compared to this intrusion on our democracy.

totally agree - trying to impose a presidential type executive. Its why it annoys me that the media are not picking up on it from the cummings statements. They were going to have the us system of having an appointed unelected spokesperson for the executive. Total disdain for parliament as nearly every decision is told to the media before parliament, etc, etc.
MPs not doing anything about it especially labour.

mind you blair did try to remove trial by jury and other similar moves

But you've had to be vaccinated to go to certain countries, and have done for decades. If you didn't have the vaccines, you didn't go. Your choice.

But you've had to be vaccinated to go to certain countries, and have done for decades. If you didn't have the vaccines, you didn't go. Your choice.

i do expect to have vaccine passports for international travel. For many years you had to have a small pox jab when going to many countries.

Is there anything the other way round (mask wearers abusing non-mask wearers)?

I've heard reports of both sides (the thing is becoming political for many and starting to get a bit like the Brexit debate). I've seen reports of verbal and physical abuse and seen first-hand media and social media abuse from both sides. If anyone listens to Talkradio, they'll hear the likes of Mike Graham and Brewer mocking mask wearers - yesterday, Graham interviewed an MP (not sure what party) and the MP said that he would still be wearing a mask on public transport and Graham spent the rest of the programme slagging him off and taking the piss, because it doesn't fit in with his Covid-denying "we must end every restriction and must stop every measure possible, which recognise that there is a pandemic now, and get on with life as if it never existed" narrative. However, I have also heard virtue-signalling from lockdown fanatics too ridiculing people who don't wear masks as being stupid (where have we heard that before?). I also think there are quite a lot of ritual "mask wearers", who are making a point of it as they don't like the PM or government.

I'm somewhere in the middle to be honest. Wherever possible, I won't wear a mask (including in situations where it was previously mandated, such as being on an empty train or if I'm in Tesco's, I'll pull my mask down and only put it up, if I pass someone closely) as it steams up my glasses; however, if I'm in indoors, in an enclosed space, I'll probably continue to do so.