Coronavirus vaccine | Page 70 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Put my 8 year old boy to bed earlier and was being positive about school tomorrow. He said he doesn't want to go because of " the rules" I.E he can't play with his mates as they are in a different bubble to him. My 5 year old boy is getting emotional over anything as he's missed most of his first year of school, the year where social development is key. I'm hearing nothing but similar stories from parents of kids in a variety of age groups, mental health issues in teenagers is a huge concern. The fall out from this 'lockdown' will be massive.

Unfortunately the fallout from covid can be pretty massive too. If you can call death massive.

Just received my text and booked both doses. Had a weird feeling of excitement 🙂
It's a weird feeling when you get the jab too. The total stranger who has just stuck a needle in your arm is the nearest many of us come to realising that person the last link in a long chain that might even have saved your life.
I felt quite euphoric and thanked everyone I possibly could in the Cliffe Woods site.

It's a weird feeling when you get the jab too. The total stranger who has just stuck a needle in your arm is the nearest many of us come to realising that person the last link in a long chain that might even have saved your life.
I felt quite euphoric and thanked everyone I possibly could in the Cliffe Woods site.
Ditto, but was in Westward Ho !

Are they doing the Rastra-Zenica one there?

Are they doing the Rastra-Zenica one there?

Dash it if only you'd missed an r. Rasta Zenica vaccine now that would be something. I think the Pfizer is mostly being rolled out in hospital type settings because of temperature control requirements.

Dash it if only you'd missed an r. Rasta Zenica vaccine now that would be something. I think the Pfizer is mostly being rolled out in hospital type settings because of temperature control requirements.

myself and wife had pfizer jabs at non hospital settings but obviously anywhere in medway is near medway hospital.

First one is at The Cliffs Pavillion theatre, became one if the new mass vaccination centres about a month ago. No idea which one they're using though.
Had an offer accepted today on a place we viewed last week too. All good things come in threes though right?
Turning out to be a good day 👍👍

Be typical of The Gills to fcuk it up though!

I blame Rotherhithe for his optimism on the Ipswich match thread. I called him out at the time.

Rotherhithe, I expect nothing less than a full public apology.
:-)

I apologize to one and all, but I did think after the Ipswich performance that we could win the next two (Fleetwood and the Swine) just shows how wrong I can be. One again I apologize in full and am prepared to take any chastisement in full public view :cry:

I apologize to one and all, but I did think after the Ipswich performance that we could win the next two (Fleetwood and the Swine) just shows how wrong I can be. One again I apologize in full and am prepared to take any chastisement in full public view :cry:
You ruined my perfect three "good things" yesterday you *******. (Sorry, wrong thread)

"Why is nobody worried about ‘immune escape’ whereas Covid-19 has already escaped people’s innate immunity as reflected by multiple emerging, much more infectious, viral variants (most likely due to the global implementation of infection prevention measures)? Vaccine deployment in the ongoing mass immunization campaigns are highly likely to further enhance(adaptive) immune escape as none of the current vaccines will prevent replication/ transmission of viral variants. The more we use these vaccines for immunizing people in the midst of a pandemic, the more infectious the virus will become. With increasing infectiousness comes an increased likelihood o fviral resistance to the vaccines. It's not exactly rocket science, it’s a basic principle taught in a student’s first vaccinology class: One shouldn’t use a prophylacticvaccine in populations exposed to high infectious pressure (which is now certainly the case as multiple highly infectious variants are currently circulating in many parts of the world). To fully escape selective immune pressure exerted by vaccinal antibodies, Covid-19, a highly mutable virus, only needs to add another few mutations in its receptor-binding domain ...I am beyond worried about the disastrous impact this would have on our human ‘race’. Not only would people lose vaccine-mediated protection but also their precious, variant-nonspecific(!),innate immunity will be gone (this is because vaccinal antibodies outcompete natural antibodiesfor binding to Covid-19, even when their affinity for the viral variantis relatively low)............"

https://mcusercontent.com/92561d6de..._midst_of_a_pandemic_Geert_Vanden_Bossche.pdf

Author: Dr. G. VandenBossche; NONCONFIDENTIAL; DO COPY; DO DISTRIBUTE

Last edited: