Coronavirus vaccine | Page 106 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

I managed to get one on the 16th Dec earlier this week. Makes a mockery of them telling you to get jabbed to save Christmas you can't get one in time! Local infection rate going up as well.
Went to 4 different "walk in" Centres last week with the Missus and all sold out of booster. Was 5th time lucky. Many fellow wrinklies like me will not be able to drive around and finally track one down.

Haven't slagged Alexander Johnson for at least a week so I'll make up for lost opportunity here. He stood at the lectern a few days ago and implied that Europe has a big problem with Covid and we don't know what may "wash up on our shores". Blatant attempt to make out others are doing worse than we and that we are under threat from Johnny Foreigner. Quite incredible that he still has the nerve to come out with this BS.

As I see it, several European countries rightly taking it more seriously and we still have easily one of the worst records for deaths/hospitalisation/cases.

Shocking messaging from Johnson with going into hospital maskless. Further, sitting next to Attenborough at COP26 not wearing a mask whilst the 95 year old icon did bother to wear one to protect our PM. Says it all about him, really.

Ps. Had a laugh when a brave Tory in the Commons said the "leader" promised permanent sunshine and left others to explain the arrival of perpetual moonlight.

Do you live in Medway? I can have one from next week but no appointments locally for 3 weeks. I can get one if I go about 20 miles.
Yes, Rainham. I booked Pentagon centre for next Sunday. Maybe the slots have gone now, it was weekend afternoons that were available on Monday?

I booked my booster for the 14th December. Getting it done in Strood. I could have got it done earlier, but I'm not driving miles to get one. Had my 2nd one end of May.

I had mine done in Strood about 10 days ago, all very efficiently organised. I did chuckle on entering the waiting/leaving room ( you are told to wait 15 minutes before leaving the centre in case of adverse reaction). A dozen or so old fools with stickers attached indicating their time of release, all staring blankly and meekly aquiescing. Our reporter complied in order to observe.

We’re both boosted.
Went to Westward Ho!
About three miles.
Had a hot donut with cinnamon while we were there 👍

Haven't slagged Alexander Johnson for at least a week so I'll make up for lost opportunity here. He stood at the lectern a few days ago and implied that Europe has a big problem with Covid and we don't know what may "wash up on our shores". Blatant attempt to make out others are doing worse than we and that we are under threat from Johnny Foreigner. Quite incredible that he still has the nerve to come out with this BS.

According to https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

then the EU's vaccination rate is
1637313894058.png
Meanwhile in the UK (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations)

1637314109998.png
Unless you are adopting a Wayne-esque "52% isn't a majority" argument then statistically we are doing better than the EU**. Even allowing for a few percentage margin of error and minor timing issues the numbers aren't even close.

Only Portugal has figures close to ours:
1637315659983.png

While the next best performers:

1637315715155.png1637315787248.png1637315855449.png1637315917558.png
On the whole the smaller EU countries are still about 10% behind the UK while with exception of Italy all the other compariable sized nations (like Germany, France etc) are lagging further behind.
1637316072117.png

Even allowing for typical politicians spinning of facts, he is not exactly wrong according to the statistics.

I await your usual "Typical Brexiteer blaming the EU for turning the UK into a third world country" response.

** I generously use the EU rather than Europe as non-EU European countries like Albania, Belarus etc would make this percentage worse on casual glance of the figures.

According to https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

then the EU's vaccination rate is
View attachment 53566
Meanwhile in the UK (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations)

View attachment 53567
Unless you are adopting a Wayne-esque "52% isn't a majority" argument then statistically we are doing better than the EU**. Even allowing for a few percentage margin of error and minor timing issues the numbers aren't even close.

Only Portugal has figures close to ours:
View attachment 53568

While the next best performers:

View attachment 53569View attachment 53570View attachment 53571View attachment 53572
On the whole the smaller EU countries are still about 10% behind the UK while with exception of Italy all the other compariable sized nations (like Germany, France etc) are lagging further behind.
View attachment 53573

Even allowing for typical politicians spinning of facts, he is not exactly wrong according to the statistics.

I await your usual "Typical Brexiteer blaming the EU for turning the UK into a third world country" response.

** I generously use the EU rather than Europe as non-EU European countries like Albania, Belarus etc would make this percentage worse on casual glance of the figures.
What a waste of time all that was. I made no reference to vaxx rates. I mentioned deaths/hospitalisations/cases.

What a waste of time all that was. I made no reference to vaxx rates. I mentioned deaths/hospitalisations/cases.

You critisised Boris for "Blatant attempt to make out others are doing worse than we " (something I bolded in my original response to indicate this is what I was replying to)

and I pointed out the statistics that Boris could be using to justify his suggestion that we are doing better.

You argument is akin to me suggesting Accrington Stanley are doing better than us** and you saying that is false on the basis we have a better goal difference.

** using the metric of points

Have you tried booking one ? Might be different where you live but in Medway I was surprised at the delay. I booked mine a few weeks ago. Earliest date available was 17th December. If the demand was high then fair enough I'd understand that but the government are saying take up is low. Something doesn't add up.

Certainly looks like a fourth wave is rising in Europe but so far the restrictions seem to be targeting the unvaccinated only. Hope that remains as I have plans to visit Austria in February.
Austria not looking good mate, full lockdown coming apparently. Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out in time for your trip 🤞

You critisised Boris for "Blatant attempt to make out others are doing worse than we " (something I bolded in my original response to indicate this is what I was replying to)

and I pointed out the statistics that Boris could be using to justify his suggestion that we are doing better.

You argument is akin to me suggesting Accrington Stanley are doing better than us** and you saying that is false on the basis we have a better goal difference.

** using the metric of points
Stop digging Baghdad, for your own credibility.

Austria not looking good mate, full lockdown coming apparently. Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out in time for your trip 🤞

I think this is to save Christmas/new year ski season which is peak time. I had considered getting a short trip in December. That would be buggered.

Hopefully this will put them on track. They can't afford another broken ski season.

We got our boosters at a chemist about ten miles away nearly a month ago. We would have to have waited a day to get them at the local chemist, and we were traveling. We booked a day ahead. They were taking walk-ins.

I think freeze frame comparisons of national performances are daft. Countries are at different places on a similar, if not identical, curves. Mind you, this works both ways. You can't deny the value of freeze frame comparisons when they undermine your preferences and prejudices, and then use them when they confirm your preferences and prejudices.

I can't see full lock downs coming -just denials to the unvaccinated and inconveniences like shorter hours and longer queues for the rest of us. Travel is possible, it just takes a bit more patience and determination to have fun.

China's interesting. Their policy of getting rid of the virus is a spectacular demonstration of social control (backed by consensus for now), but it can't last and won't work. It will be interesting to see how they let up after the Winter Olympics.

Stop digging Baghdad, for your own credibility.

Ah your typical response you give when you think your opinion is so obviously true that any counter points is obviously a desparate troll.

Gills 58 - "Boris is wrong about other people doing worse. In this metric the UK suck"
Me: "But we hare out performing in this metric"
Gills 58 - "Desparate defense of the undefendable"

I think this is to save Christmas/new year ski season which is peak time. I had considered getting a short trip in December. That would be buggered.

Hopefully this will put them on track. They can't afford another broken ski season.
Reckon you're right, I was within a click of booking a trip to the Berlin Christmas markets a few weeks ago but decided against it. Good job as they're just about all cancelled now as Germany has declared a state of emergency.

Here we go again 🙄

Reckon you're right, I was within a click of booking a trip to the Berlin Christmas markets a few weeks ago but decided against it. Good job as they're just about all cancelled now as Germany has declared a state of emergency.

Here we go again 🙄

We are going to Birminghams Frankfurt market and pretending its Frankfurt. Good enough for the brummies its good enough for me

Ah your typical response you give when you think your opinion is so obviously true that any counter points is obviously a desparate troll.

Gills 58 - "Boris is wrong about other people doing worse. In this metric the UK suck"
Me: "But we hare out performing in this metric"
Gills 58 - "Desparate defense of the undefendable"
An exercise in tortology now; a waste of time. You are on 'auto defend' of Alexander Johnson no matter how disgraceful his behaviour.

My original criticism has nothing to do with the EU or Brexit.

Last edited:
An exercise in tortology now; a waste of time. You are on 'auto defend' of Alexander Johnson no matrer how disgraceful his behaviour.

I'm not auto-defending his behaviour. I might be a traditional Tory voter but it doesn't mean I support him without question. There is much about Boris that I have issues with with the most recent example being the way he handled the whole Owen Paterson thing.

You on the other hand have an auto-attack posture when it comes to Boris and have displayed before that you are very much blinkered and only see the negatives. On the one occassion you kinda admitted that Boris obviously has done good things then when pushed you couldn't name any time you agree with him. And I am disqualifying statements like "Boris has gone a good job of screwing the country with Brexit" which I feel wasn't a genuine feeling of a good job.

At the end of the day the way the UK has performed in terms of Covid, there are aspects we have outperformed other countries and some areas where we have underperformed. In terms of your comment of "Blatant attempt to make out others are doing worse than we " then I read that as you implying that Boris was pushing a message that was untrue? If so then this is blatantly incorrect. Statisitically other countries have done worse than the UK in some aspects and at the same time other countries have done better.