Coronavirus vaccine | Page 115 | Vital Football

Coronavirus vaccine

Has anyone heard of Sotrovimab or Molnupiraver? (Jerry?) They are treatments for people with covid who are vulnerable. My wife has had an email asking if she would try either if she contracted covid. I Googled Sotrobimab, and it seems it's already been approved by the NHS. I only know if one person who's had it, and it made the really ill, worse than the virus! Anyone else had either?

Mrs TommyT was offered something yesterday - not sure if the same as the ones you listed but is currently favouring the tablet one not the intravenous one as less potential side effects.
Speaking to a doctor later about it as she currently has covid like myself and needs a quick decision.
I will let you know what she decides but please DO NOT take it as any sort of advice.

Mrs TommyT was offered something yesterday - not sure if the same as the ones you listed but is currently favouring the tablet one not the intravenous one as less potential side effects.
Speaking to a doctor later about it as she currently has covid like myself and needs a quick decision.
I will let you know what she decides but please DO NOT take it as any sort of advice.

I don't know what form these treatments are, so no idea which one is the tablet. I'm hoping my wife doesn't have to make the choice you and your wife are having to make right now. It may help people in the future though. I don't think my wife will have any more treatments, as she's not having any more jabs. The three have been too much for her. Let me know how your wife gets on if she does try one of the treatments, I will not judge, even if she decides not to have any of these treatments 🙂

Has anyone heard of Sotrovimab or Molnupiraver? (Jerry?) They are treatments for people with covid who are vulnerable. My wife has had an email asking if she would try either if she contracted covid. I Googled Sotrobimab, and it seems it's already been approved by the NHS. I only know if one person who's had it, and it made the really ill, worse than the virus! Anyone else had either?

These are the covid pills that the media have been talking about. Sotrobimab is from gsk i believe and the other from pfizer. There is another from merck.

They are offered if someone vulnerable tests positive. Approved for use after trials by the nhs but little data on real world use and side effects.
Same as the early days of the vaccine, its a risk.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/gsk-vir-sotrovimab-covid-19-data/

These are the covid pills that the media have been talking about. Sotrobimab is from gsk i believe and the other from pfizer. There is another from merck.

They are offered if someone vulnerable tests positive. Approved for use after trials by the nhs but little data on real world use and side effects.

Cheers for the info Jerry. I hope my wife doesn't need them, but looks risky. I know my wife won't try them, but we intend not to get the virus, so not applicable anyway 😉

Last edited:

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/news/gsk-vir-sotrovimab-covid-19-data/
Depends on level of risk. A "risk" when referring to drug treatments scares some people off.

I took a risk carrying the tea tray downstairs today and I certainly took a risk the last time I had a kebab.

I don't mean to belittle genuine concerns where justified but many people take serious risks every day with barely a thought.