Coronavirus tipping point | Page 33 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

The EU is in a shambles while in the UK doctors, nurses, consultants are all complaining about the lack of PPE etc etc. Boris says doctors have masks: yes they have masks that are only good for a day or less. And we're not in a shambles?

The EU is in a shambles while in the UK doctors, nurses, consultants are all complaining about the lack of PPE etc etc. Boris says doctors have masks: yes they have masks that are only good for a day or less. And we're not in a shambles?
Honestly you muppet.
Where would you rather be?
In the UK or maybe you’d prefer to be in Italy or France or Spain?

WTF. ?

In case you still have your head up your backside, you should have noticed that the Tories have a huge majority.
They can do what they want.
WTF. ?

In case you still have your head up your backside, you should have noticed that the Tories have a huge majority.
They can do what they want.
I know that but Tarian hasn't grasped that fact. I'm sure he will have voted Tory but is now complaining about a Bill Boris pushed through Parliament unopposed. I merely suggested what might have been.

I wish you would actually read posts occasionally.

This has nothing to do with leftie luvvies you pompous arse.

Trump is in complete denial. A case of Rome is burning. That's what happens with populist leaders - full of piss and wind and is saying that we'll all be in church by Easter. Maybe but in coffins.

He's washing his hands, excuse the pun, and leaving it to state governors to sort out the problem, which has led to states competing with each other for scarce resources [ventilators, PPE] instead of the Federal administration picking up the cudgels.
Have you ever considered that your hatred for Trump makes you a 'denier' ?

Nothing is certain about this virus.
But absent a vaccine a number of people will get ill and die.
At some point there may be 'herd immunity'.
There could be a serious shortage of equipment and beds - not by (say) 10% - which might merit criticism - but if demand is (say) a multiple of 10, a huge shortage.
But any Government stockpiling 10x anything risks criticism.

Optimism comes from believing that taking the right action should make the problem less bad.
Is that such a bad outlook ?

Honestly you muppet.
Where would you rather be?
In the UK or maybe you’d prefer to be in Italy or France or Spain?
Quite irrelevant because I live here. But we have to cope with Boris [Cummings], who started leading us down the herd route until stopped in his tracks by the experts and knowing what was happening in Italy etc

This has nothing to do with leftie luvvies you pompous arse.

Trump is in complete denial. A case of Rome is burning. That's what happens with populist leaders - full of piss and wind and is saying that we'll all be in church by Easter. Maybe but in coffins.

He's washing his hands, excuse the pun, and leaving it to state governors to sort out the problem, which has led to states competing with each other for scarce resources [ventilators, PPE] instead of the Federal administration picking up the cudgels.
'Trump is in complete denial' .???
How could you possibly reach that conclusion ...... other than from sheer bigotry ?

You may think his executive responses mis-directed or insufficient .... but 'in denial' ??
You really are a sad individual.

WK and you were complaining about Trump being upbeat .... and things 'going tits up'.

The media have loved promoting doom and gloom stories - whether about Brexit, Trump or Coronavirus.
A common theme is an almost complete lack of understanding of numbers and the liklihood of 'might happen' actually happening. (e.g Yellowhammer scenarios)

e.g. Only this evening, (7pm?) a BBC news presenter was saying that the death rate for men was '65%'... and a load of similar magnitude numbers.
My wife also heard this and commented that this was wrong.

Whether it was the Autocue writer is irrelevant. There was no 'sense check'.
On what basis are you claiming that I don't understand numbers? Where have I shown in the post that I made that I don't understand numbers?

This is your worst effort ever.

Are you Robbie Savage in disguise?

If you want to understand numbers then read "The Tiger That Isn't" by Andrew Dilnott.

I despair of you sometimes. You really don't understand what you copy and paste.

I still can't see how it helps countries that need ventilators urgently to find that the EU plans to divert some to warehouses.
There is a danger that distributing equipment on a first come first served basis could mean shortages in the wrong place later. You're using the term stockpile to mean hoarding, ie hoarding at the expense of others, rather than a sensible approach for best use. Within the EU, we would have been part of that scheme; now we've left we have to compete with those with much bigger bargains power - EU and USA

Of course there will be a shortage. Demand has jumped 10-fold.

Yesterday Jeremy Hunt hinted that it will be touch and go whether the large amounts of new kit arrives in time for the peak.
Much will depend on human behaviour - outside the control of a non-authoritarian government.

Probably at least one hospital will be overwhelmed - a few days before it gets equipment - and nasty people like you will be salivating at a 'Tory Govt. failure'.

Yet, like a hurricane or a forest fire, enough kit is rarely in the right place at the right time.

Probably at least one hospital will be overwhelmed - a few days before it gets equipment - and nasty people like you will be salivating at a 'Tory Govt. failure'.
No, nothing of the sort. Apart from a hiccup at the start I have been very supportive - show me where I haven't been.

Quite irrelevant because I live here. But we have to cope with Boris [Cummings], who started leading us down the herd route until stopped in his tracks by the experts and knowing what was happening in Italy etc
Either you didn't check your facts - or sources - or are determined to stick to your narrative.

'Herd immunity' is a phenomenon - mentioned by Patrick Vallance, Chief Science Officer - and 'interpreted' by un-sciency media types into a 'policy'.
Untill you produce a source for this supposed 'policy', please drop this theme.

I know that but Tarian hasn't grasped that fact. I'm sure he will have voted Tory but is now complaining about a Bill Boris pushed through Parliament unopposed. I merely suggested what might have been.

I wish you would actually read posts occasionally.
I haven't voted Conservative since 2010.
Either ask or please stop guessing.

Either you didn't check your facts - or sources - or are determined to stick to your narrative.

'Herd immunity' is a phenomenon - mentioned by Patrick Vallance, Chief Science Officer - and 'interpreted' by un-sciency media types into a 'policy'.
Untill you produce a source for this supposed 'policy', please drop this theme.
Watch Boris' first PM briefings to the nation ffs