Coronavirus tipping point | Page 31 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

I would like to point out that many workers are still being threatened and told to work in non essential jobs.This is killing people. My brother who manages a book warehouse is being told he has to work he is currently refusing on the grounds that doing so could kill someone.
I know ChrisWho has blocked me so won't respond, but people that work in warehouses need to go into work if they can. They are the people that will distribute the food and medicines to keep us alive, and the books games and electronic devices to keep us sane. We are reliant on the blue collar workers who are packing boxes and operate machines.

While we’re talking about dick heads perhaps you’d care to explain why the UK won’t participate in the EU’s procurement scheme to obtain more PPE and ventilators apparently ”because it will undermine our Brexit negotiating position”.
Do me a favour Waldo.
The Eu cannot agree on anything
Do a bit of research before posting.
Their absolute priority should be assisting Greece.
20,000 illegal immigrants in a camp in Lesbos that was built for 2,000
Wait until that shit hits

Spain has turned to China for help, not Brussels.

Do me a favour Waldo.
The Eu cannot agree on anything
Do a bit of research before posting.
Their absolute priority should be assisting Greece.
20,000 illegal immigrants in a camp in Lesbos that was built for 2,000
Wait until that shit hits

Spain has turned to China for help, not Brussels.
Is that meant to be a coherent response to Waldo's point? Does it address the point he has made?
Perhaps we should quit cooperation on police matters too, eh?

Is that meant to be a coherent response to Waldo's point? Does it address the point he has made?
Perhaps we should quit cooperation on police matters too, eh?

Why does obtaining more ventilators require an EU-wide procurement scheme? And if it does, why do we need to be part of it? I can understand medium to long term at a pinch -market power for purchasing and common standards -but in the short-term? What if they disagree about the prices they're prepared to pay? What if they get into arguing over ceiling standards as well as floor standards. Or is it about who gets them, and establishing jointly agreed need criteria? And what happens in the meantime?And if they reach agreement really really quickly, then calling it a procurement scheme is a bit grand, and why participate in it -just say ok, sounds about right, but we'll reserve the right to also use ones of higher and lower specs.

Why does obtaining more ventilators require an EU-wide procurement scheme? And if it does, why do we need to be part of it? I can understand medium to long term at a pinch -market power for purchasing and common standards -but in the short-term? What if they disagree about the prices they're prepared to pay? What if they get into arguing over ceiling standards as well as floor standards. Or is it about who gets them, and establishing jointly agreed need criteria? And what happens in the meantime?And if they reach agreement really really quickly, then calling it a procurement scheme is a bit grand, and why participate in it -just say ok, sounds about right, but we'll reserve the right to also use ones of higher and lower specs.
That's a coherent answer and reasoned.

Why does obtaining more ventilators require an EU-wide procurement scheme? And if it does, why do we need to be part of it? I can understand medium to long term at a pinch -market power for purchasing and common standards -but in the short-term? What if they disagree about the prices they're prepared to pay?
I think you've answered your own questions - economies of scale mainly. If we're much better going it alone, how is it that the EU is ahead of us in procuring ventilators and PPE?

The case is raised on the basis of an emergency. The case is made on the basis of all the generic arguments about being in or out. I submit,therefore, that the case is without merit in the context of the broader argument and respectfully request it be dismissed without prejudice to anyone's position on the broader argument.

Besides which, their ventilators won't have powerful enough motors.

This little map of swiss areas affected by Coronavirus does point to this virus chiefly be spread by business people. The central areas are the areas of Zurich and Geneva plus the small Italian area to the south. The main tourist areas around the Alps are relatively clear.This is what has been the main problem and for the most part both here and around the world still is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ns-have-been-most-affected-by-coronavirus/amp

Not sure you can quite jump to that conclusion there. Wherever there is dense population there will always be more infection, regardless of business people (whoever they are) or not. I'm not saying that business people aren't spreading it but there is no direct evidence in that link to say they're a big cause - certainly not to the extent where you should write to you MP and mention it.

From experience with my friends its the big businesses you hate that have been very good during this. Friends in both insurance and banking were sent home to work before it was the normal thing to do. These businesses largely have people who can work from easily so actually are very good for helping apply the social distancing.