Coronavirus tipping point | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

Wayne.Kerr

Vital Champions League
Looks like the Govt. is considering closing schools etc and banning public gatherings, which means sporting events will be hit. Make the most of this week's game just in case.

Corona Beer claiming losses of £132m since the virus outbreak. People wrestling in Boots and supermarkets for the last bottles of hand sanitizer.
I shall look forward to 'elbow bumping' my Block 4 chums tomorrow before breaking out my Gill's logo printed face mask.

At least 2 of the above statements are true!!

Corona Beer claiming losses of £132m since the virus outbreak. People wrestling in Boots and supermarkets for the last bottles of hand sanitizer.
I shall look forward to 'elbow bumping' my Block 4 chums tomorrow before breaking out my Gill's logo printed face mask.

At least 2 of the above statements are true!!
I can confirm Boots shortage, Tesco looking pretty light of stock too ☹

We only have 1 scheduled home game in March anyway. Not sure this will affect us but if it turns into pandemic panic then who knows?

My planned and paid for midweek stay at the Premier Inn next ro the Reebock doesn't look so enticing now.

My missus who only got back from a holiday to Bali and Singapore a week ago has just been carted off to hospital with flu like symptoms, Two ambulances and a fast response car together with 5 medics in pandemic suits, visors and face masks.
(Newcastle).

A young lad is being tested down here at Barnstaple hospital after going skiing in Northern Italy. Let’s hope he’s negative.

I'll be honest it feels to me like the media and the internet needs a story and wants to sensationalise it.

My hunch is more people will be killed on the roads this year than by Coronavirus.

If it were like Spanish flu then I think we would have an issue but it doesn't appear to be spreading anything like this.

The way humans treat the planet you can hardly blame mother nature for coming up with ways to cull us.

My wife was in our local deli today talking to our Doctor. He more or less said this was a load of old bollocks. Sats against flu deaths (if you can find them) seem to suggest that this is an over hyped load of old shit. If this indeed Armageddon, I'm sorry for getting this wrong, but in our lifetime how many "end of the world" viruses have we seen come and go?

Update.
So the ambulance took my wife to Sunderland hospital and she had to sit in the ambulance for about 20 mins while they prepared the Virus pod(who the hell come up with that one) which was an empty office that contained a chair and a telephone. there was a note on the chair that said the doctor will phone soon. The doctor phoned ,ask a bunch of questions, then said he was going to consult another doctor and will phone back. He phoned back after about 15 mins to tell her they had instructed the ambulance to take her home again and the ambulance would pick her up again saturday afternoon at 3.30 to take her back to the hospital to take a throat swab to see if she had the virus.
Seriously you just could not make this up, she was taken all the way to Sunderland to speak to somebody on the bloody phone, whats wrong with her phone?. Anyway she has gone to bed spitting fire mumbling something about stuffing something up Boris Johnson's arris.
Thanks for the comments guys.

My police contact caused a meltdown at their station last week as she was unwell (had been for some time with a cold, same as the rest of us). She'd seen a mate who had been to China (nowhere near Wuhan) and he also had a cold. Talk of the station being put in quarantine and all hell broke loose. Sent home. Got tested by people in full kit and masks - not Coronavirus of course.

Meanwhile, about 10 people died in road accidents today. My pharmacy mates told me in the pub tonight, "what about flu victims"? Two women each week get murdered by their partners/ex partners.

I'm not belittling the problem but people need to get a sense of proportion. Morons avoiding going to a Chinese restaurant or not buying Corona lager? I despair.

Update.
So the ambulance took my wife to Sunderland hospital and she had to sit in the ambulance for about 20 mins while they prepared the Virus pod(who the hell come up with that one) which was an empty office that contained a chair and a telephone. there was a note on the chair that said the doctor will phone soon. The doctor phoned ,ask a bunch of questions, then said he was going to consult another doctor and will phone back. He phoned back after about 15 mins to tell her they had instructed the ambulance to take her home again and the ambulance would pick her up again saturday afternoon at 3.30 to take her back to the hospital to take a throat swab to see if she had the virus.
Seriously you just could not make this up, she was taken all the way to Sunderland to speak to somebody on the bloody phone, whats wrong with her phone?. Anyway she has gone to bed spitting fire mumbling something about stuffing something up Boris Johnson's arris.
Thanks for the comments guys.

If she's angry, she's well!!!