Coronavirus tipping point | Page 35 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

Herd immunity is more a process than a policy right? And we are all moving in that direction. Policy is about attempts to control the rate at which numbers fall ill. Some try to manage more and others less.

The Dutch pm started talking about herd immunity and created a political storm -so he dropped the talk. Not sure that policy changed, however.

Aren't the good-and-right-and-why-can't-we-be-more-like-them-Swedes basically doing what Trump wants to do i.e. close as possible to business as usual? I'd say, when no one knows what they're doing for sure, a diversity of policy approaches, rather than uniformity, is a strength. Let's see what works.

You really are a hypocrite. You challenge people to justify a remark - yet refuse to provide evidence that the Govt had a "policy" of "herd immunity".
I don't think the Govt has a policy on anything other than what is in the Bill passed this week that you object to. The evidence Thomas [as in Doubting] is Boris' own PM's briefings, which you can access on iPlayer perhaps.

My view is that now the self employed are to be taken care of and Police have powers to enforce (or even arrest for) dispersal of gatherings, we will shortly see more strict restrictions.
Although some say the govt have acted too slowly and should have done this weeks ago. Bit short sighted to close down the country before making sure everything is in place IMO

My view is that now the self employed are to be taken care of and Police have powers to enforce (or even arrest for) dispersal of gatherings, we will shortly see more strict restrictions.
Although some say the govt have acted too slowly and should have done this weeks ago. Bit short sighted to close down the country before making sure everything is in place IMO
It might have stopped panic and excessive buying that was harmful to NHS staff and you and your colleagues

It might have stopped panic and excessive buying that was harmful to NHS staff and you and your colleagues
Would have done more harm to the country/economy in general though if they had jumped too soon.
Those of us in NHS and emergency services etc know what we signed up for so half expect to have to "take it dry" from time to time 😳

Rumour (by me) that Burkas are selling so well that there may be a shortage.
Non muslim woman that cannot find a mask evidently lol.

Not just drivers but signalmen, platform staff, maintenance staff and cleaners but such a logical answer explained by Khan himself is not good enough Tarian. He needs a full policy statement.
Thanks for the constant name-checking. Perhaps my points are getting through.

How many of the train jobs you listed work in close proximity ? ( or need to)

Or do you accept at face value everything you hear from Labour and question everything from a Conservative or Brexiteer ( often with an abusive aside) ?

With Johnson diagnosed and he may ultimately be out of action, I’d recommend that HMG contact WK immediately to take over the running of the country.
There is no subject that he doesn’t have a strong opinion on or that he is not an expert in 😂

I’d recommend that HMG contact WK immediately to take over the running of the country.
There is no subject that he doesn’t have a strong opinion on or that he is not an expert in 😂

Point of order. They aren’t WK’s opinions, they are WK’s facts. WK only ever states his facts.

Everyone else’s are opinions, and wrong ones at that 😁

You cant have a policy for something you are not in control of and have no direct influence over all you can have is preventative measures.

As usual set the bar so high and then complain that no one meets it. Personally I don't think anyone could have done much better and lets bear in mind Boris is not my cup of tea at all.

Pointing out where things are not perfect is easy.

Thanks for the constant name-checking. Perhaps my points are getting through.

Or do you accept at face value everything you hear from Labour and question everything from a Conservative or Brexiteer ( often with an abusive aside) ?
Unfortunately Tories have a proven track record of lying. Take a look at what independent fact checkers said about election material produced by the Tories. Around 200 instances of misleading or factually incorrect statements compared to 0 in the Labour material. If the Tories wanted people to believe them in a crisis perhaps they shouldnt have been so economical with the truth when there wasn’t one.

Tarian - are you really such a thick twat or have you never used the tube? All the staff mention probably travel to work on the tube (confined space with stale air) , many work in close proximity of each other and many will be in constant contact with members of the public. For christ's sake get a brain for once.

Unfortunately Tories have a proven track record of lying. Take a look at what independent fact checkers said about election material produced by the Tories. Around 200 instances of misleading or factually incorrect statements compared to 0 in the Labour material. If the Tories wanted people to believe them in a crisis perhaps they shouldnt have been so economical with the truth when there wasn’t one.
I would say Waldo that we have been out of power for so long, we can say what we do want as it’s unlikely we will have to carry it through.
The easiest job in politics is being in opposition