Coronavirus tipping point | Page 161 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

Baghdad_Rob

Vital Squad Member
Cases in the US have started to rise. An example of a country that didn't lockdown properly or for long enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53088354
It is worth baring in mind that lockdown rules are decided on a state by state basis by the local governors rather than at the top government level. Under US constitution laws, the main US government can't over rule but only provide assistance if requested.

Most states who were hit early are generally seeing a decline in cases and it is those who generally had low infection rates that are starting to see it flare up. It might be worth thinking of the US as being like the EU but with each state being a different country and that the virus has finally hit some of the smaller countries now that their equivalent of Italy and Spain is largely over it.

markinkent

Vital 1st Team Regular
It is worth baring in mind that lockdown rules are decided on a state by state basis by the local governors rather than at the top government level. Under US constitution laws, the main US government can't over rule but only provide assistance if requested.

Most states who were hit early are generally seeing a decline in cases and it is those who generally had low infection rates that are starting to see it flare up. It might be worth thinking of the US as being like the EU but with each state being a different country and that the virus has finally hit some of the smaller countries now that their equivalent of Italy and Spain is largely over it.
Good analogy.

It also a huge continent so going to take time to move across the West and the South. The North East is more densely populated I guess so not surprising that it spread so quickly.

Nobby_66

Vital 1st Team Regular
That's your only criticism of Thatcher?!
Of her, yes. I'm not talking about her policies, they were what she did, not who she was.
In person, she was a very kind and amenable lady. You do realise that how these people are in public is nothing like what they are in private?

Jerryattrick

Vital 1st Team Regular
I will say it again.
Down to 1m distancing this week.
Two households allowed to bubble this week.
All pubs and restaurants open july 6th.
Hairdressers etc open end july
All holidays ok from mid july
Football with supporters at start of new season

Any other predictions

valenciagill

Vital 1st Team Regular
Any other predictions
I predict (a riot) ......... as lockdown eases there will be a worrying increase in infections and deaths. However this time we will not head for the hills. The vulnerable will be protected best we can - the rest will carry on as we have already done the lockdown thing. After a tense few months we will all relax as we realise the risks are small - the economy will start to recover. I have run out of predictions .......