Coronavirus issues | Page 7 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

First log in for a few days, I'm fine, but pissed off at the state of the shops, which isn't the fault of the staff, I hasten to add.
I've just done the usual weekly shop, my largest supermarket is a 20 minute walk, and the locals have usually been cleaned out of pasta, milk, soups, bread.
I hope the selfish bastards choke.
Strange thing is you think you've plenty of time now to do everything, yet still miss out on doing something you need to.

This is a project I've come across before, but heartily recommend you have a look at it.

http://monumentcity2010.blogspot.com

And here's another that's just started.

https://downthekippaxsteps.blogspot.com 'Head to Head'

Massive storm just blew through and knocked the power out.😟 The generator kicked on immediately, but there goes my backup if things get crazy. Strange times we are in. 😟😐

Massive storm just blew through and knocked the power out.😟 The generator kicked on immediately, but there goes my backup if things get crazy. Strange times we are in. 😟😐
Fingers crossed your generator holds up, BE. Strange times indeed.
As you probably know, the UK is in lock-down. I am going out to the supermarket today and not looking forward to it, even though I haven’t been out for a while.

As you probably know, the UK is in lock-down. I am going out to the supermarket today and not looking forward to it, even though I haven’t been out for a while.
It will run the house full time for 2 weeks, but it's a little past half full, and I'm concerned I can't get anyone to come refill it. It's prime weather season, so I have a right to be concerned. ;)

Be careful!!!!!!! x

How did you find it....the state of the supermarket, I mean :grinning:

How did you find it....the state of the supermarket, I mean :grinning:
Evening, Col.
Organised chaos best sums it up. As I joined the queue, guys in hi-viz jackets and metal measuring tapes made sure there were two metres between each customer. There was much good-natured banter between us all. They were letting in batches of 20 or so, and holding back the rest. Staff were counting the shoppers exiting so there was never many in the store at any one time. I got all I needed. 👍 🍷🍷🍷 🤣

Hi, R.

I've got my weekly shop tomorrow, so I'm likely to come across similar organisation.
Got some milk and a couple of packs of spaghetti this morning, which was a relief (but not ideal), and a loaf the day before yesterday. Tape on the floor in the local Co-Op for designated space, although not restricting numbers, unlike the more limited local shop opposite.
I'm lucky in that there's a line of shops a minutes walk away, but most of them are shut - hairdressers x 2, barber, optician, chippy, pharmacy, medical centre, dentist.
It was a lovely day up here though, which was a bonus.

Hi, R.

I've got my weekly shop tomorrow, so I'm likely to come across similar organisation.
Got some milk and a couple of packs of spaghetti this morning, which was a relief (but not ideal), and a loaf the day before yesterday. Tape on the floor in the local Co-Op for designated space, although not restricting numbers, unlike the more limited local shop opposite.
I'm lucky in that there's a line of shops a minutes walk away, but most of them are shut - hairdressers x 2, barber, optician, chippy, pharmacy, medical centre, dentist.
It was a lovely day up here though, which was a bonus.
Good luck tomorrow. I am fully stocked for about a month, with milk and bread in the freezer, along with all dinners, frozen veg and fruit (and ice dream 🤣)

I'm having to head out into the world of crap. We tried to order off Amazon, but they said it would be a late April delivery. :oops::(

Meanwhile an extension of the existing suspension is on the cards, I expect until the end of May. .....but there have to be serious doubts about any resumption in June.

....and there are consequences for all sorts of areas.

BBC News - Coronavirus: What next for football as cracks begin to appear?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52063085