Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk?

Yeah I'd love to. You can pick up the small gin still's fairly cheaply these days, but I'd have to get it plumbed in. Wouldn't be too much hassle I guess.

Do you really need a still for it? I always though gin was just vodka that had been rinsed through a tramps socks.

haha. Nah they both start out as Ethanol. To be classed as Gin it needs to have a certain proportion of juniper in it, then whatever other botanicals you want.

If it doesn't meet the juniper levels then it's classed as vodka.

So by that count, I guess you can cheat and add juniper to vodka to turn it into gin... but where's the fun in that? Much better (and I'd assume nicer) to make it the proper way.

Cruise cancelled for a 2nd time.

Supposed to be sailing on August 8th and the cruises themselves are all back on, but we're not allowed to fly to America.

Left it as late as possible to cancel it all as we were hopeful of a travel corridor between UK and US due to both countries excellent vaccination programmes but no such luck, so bit the bullet and cancelled it all this morning.

:(

sorry and all that mate, BUT still think you will enjoy it far more when there aren't all these restrictions, so something to look forward to dude.

Yeah, plus we're going to Northumberland for 3 nights in a Premier Inn instead, so that's basically better than the Caribbean anyway.. :death:

Yeah, plus we're going to Northumberland for 3 nights in a Premier Inn instead, so that's basically better than the Caribbean anyway.. :death:
i think you've dodged a bullet to be honest as i've heard from multiple sources cruises aren't all that . And especially nowadays, basically a floating petri dish. Premier Inn sounds safer and there's the all you can eat breakfasts to look forwards to

So happy.

Spent the last week, try to re-book the cruise that's been cancelled twice but not pay any more for it.

Basically the 1st time it was cancelled they did whats called a 'Lift n Shift' so just moved the cruise from 2020 > 2021 at the same rate.

This time round they wanted to charge the current price for us to move it. The current price was about 1k more than what we paid originally.

I've litterally spent a week on the phone and twitter (over 7 hours on the phone to several different agents), and finally today they agreed to move us to next year with all the same perks and benefits without having to spend an exta penny!!!

YAY!!! Result! Proof that if you keep on nagging and whining you can get your own way!

So happy.

Spent the last week, try to re-book the cruise that's been cancelled twice but not pay any more for it.

Basically the 1st time it was cancelled they did whats called a 'Lift n Shift' so just moved the cruise from 2020 > 2021 at the same rate.

This time round they wanted to charge the current price for us to move it. The current price was about 1k more than what we paid originally.

I've litterally spent a week on the phone and twitter (over 7 hours on the phone to several different agents), and finally today they agreed to move us to next year with all the same perks and benefits without having to spend an exta penny!!!

YAY!!! Result! Proof that if you keep on nagging and whining you can get your own way!

maxresdefault.jpg

So happy.

Doesn’t sound like you Dean!

Here we go again.

For junior 2’s Queen obsession we were taking her to see Queen Extravaganza (the official tribute band) at the end of the month .

Been postponed. Sigh .

Here we go again.

For junior 2’s Queen obsession we were taking her to see Queen Extravaganza (the official tribute band) at the end of the month .

Been postponed. Sigh .

We're hopefully going to see the real thing (minus Freddie) in June at the O2.

Was bought for the girls 18th birthdays in 2020, has been cancelled twice so fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky.

Gonna be interesting if it does go ahead. Think Brian May has suffered a heart attack or two since we booked.