Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Corona Disruption - What do you have booked that is at risk?

Killers rescheduled for next May. Same for Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott (booked for Mrs JPA's birthday, rescheduled for October as it stands, although I suspect that may move again!)

I have applied for a refund for the West Indies test (should have been going next Friday) and Edgbaston are processing that.

So all good really, didn't have anything else booked.

Might as well delete the calendar app from my phone, never been so empty!

Wish I was a **** like the people ignoring the rules and just going out really, I could be nice and busy then!

Hope I get my Kasabian money this week though, that is really annoying me.

Any updates on the cruise deano? Especially with what is happening in the USA at the moment, not to mention the destruction from the hurricane on the islands you were visiting.

All in all, not the luckiest of bookings this is it?!

Craig David is postponed until next year all, so good news I know you were all awaiting for an update.

However the couple we are going with have had a COVID split up so we have a spare ticket. I think a few of you were interested...

😂

Last edited:
The Killers at the Emirates is postponed until pretty much same day next year , so holding on to the tickets. No issue there.

Center parcs with family in August . No idea yet. They are not releasing any details yet.

Was supposed to be going to Florida in July . Had no contact whatsoever from Virgin until this week and haven't been able to contact them despite numerous email requests since April. My mother in law is paying ( I know nice of her , but flip side is she has to go aswell :lol:)
She has paid the deposit and half the holiday but did not pay the balance when due in May.
They are saying they are starting flying again from 20th July (we go just after). We can either postpone until up to dec21 or carry on as normal . Its Orlando and the parks so no way do we want to go . Will be chaos and dangerous. Disney is open but with loads of restrictions. No idea on any of the other parks etc.
For info of anyone going or looking to go this is what they currently telling us and lets face it until a vaccine is found this is what will be happening for the foreseeable. If anyone has been you will know its crap !......

First will try and get the money back , will lose deposit definitely, if not another destination next year, no one wants to go to Orlando now, if not ...errrr... court !

Returning to the magic

Based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies, there are new measures designed to promote cleanliness, physical distancing and reduced contact while visiting Walt Disney World Resort.

• The main parks will be open by 15th July, with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach remaining closed until further notice.
  • To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required in advance of travel through My Disney Experience.
  • Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members; temperature screenings are required in some locations.
  • Some experiences such as parades, character meet and greets and firework events may be modified or unavailable to allow for physical distancing and limited contact.
  • Helpful technology and My Disney Experience will help you make the most of the magic.
  • Disney Dining plans have been removed, any plans purchased in addition to your package will be refunded.
  • FastPass+ reservations and Extra Magic Hours have been suspended to support social distancing measures.

A new park reservation system

When the parks reopen, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system.

• To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required.
  • Reservations need to be made via My Disney Experience in the coming weeks. You can request one park a day. As customers won’t need to hop between parks, the hopper service is currently suspended.
  • This reservation applies for all confirmed tickets through 2020, so reserve your parks as early as possible to help plan your itinerary. We’ll let you know when reservations are open.

Just won't be relaxing going abroad then facing massive social distancing queues will it? Let alone going and facing division and riots!

2 week holiday to France with my whole family and girlfriend in late June cancelled, full refund at least.

Absolutely gutted to he honest. I've still got a week off work around that time as I've been in throughout the lockdown, doing overtime most weeks as well so I definitely need a break of some kind. At least the football will he back on.

Have been fouled up, by Covid19? Where were you going and will you try and go away in the U.K later in the summer/autumn?

For me, I should be in Kefelonia now. Obviously I am not. I won't be going abroad this year now.

Booked independent for next year. Apartment booked with deposit from last year, for this year, the owner kindly moved to next year.

I'm not booking my flight until the new year of 2021 now. Only need one seat so it wont be a problem

I won't go away in The U.K. Cheaper to go abroad and the weather here......💦💨💦

So count down on until next year. Only 55 weeks ago.

Got a weekend away in November which is my usual spiritual retreat. Thats my lot this year

Had nothing planned for this year, got nothing planned for this year.

May return back to Indonesia towards the end of next year, if not sometime in 2022.

merged fine folks

I hadn't got any holiday plans, not sure if I would have booked something later this year, bit bored of holidays on my own really and most of my mates are married so that curtails lads holidays!

Just wondering what plans, holidays, day trips etc people have planned that may now be at risk?

I have loads, and I'm worried I won't get refunds on most of it.

April 10th. 2 night trip to London for anniversary. Already paid £350 for a hotel (non-refundable), £50 for train, £160 for theatre tickets, and used a £100 Virgin Experience Voucher to book a meal.

End of May. Got a 5 bedroom house booked in Norfolk to spend a week away with my sister and her family and my mom and her partner.... will that still be allowed? Is that a group gathering? Will anything be open?

6th June - Queen at the O2 - £600 for 4 tickets!! (Ouch), Hotel £288 (non-refundable).

June 20th - Kasabian in Leicester, VIP ticket £120

15th August - Flights to Miami, 8 day Carribean Cruise, 5 nights in Florida Keys.... I won't even mention the money on this one....

What a nightmare. I assume gigs will be postponed and moved to new dates... but will I be able to make them?

Same with the thetre ticket, but if the hotel booking cant be moved or cancelled then thats that lost.

Trains? Unless the service is cancelled I'll lose that.

Flights? Cruises? Will they be going ahead? If both are cancelled i should be able to claim. If both are allowed then we'd have to go, we wouldn't be covered if we chose not to. If one or the other is cancelled but the other one goes ahead then I dunno where I stand with that.

Nightmare.

I'd forgotten I started this thread. Update on all of the above....

Anniversary trip in April was fully refunded (Hotel, train and theate tickets) and the Virgin Meal voucher extended for 12 months.

Family trip in May, they offered us a 115% value on the deposit if we re-booked for next year so we did that.

Queen gig has been postponed till next year and the hotel fully refunded.

Kasbaian gig was fully refunded.

Cruise in August is still up in the air.... due to pay the balance for the cruise itself by 19th June. I contacted them to see if this could be extended as I'm not sure what is happening with our flights (booked separately with BA), and they have kindly agreed to extend the payment deadline from June 19th till June 22nd! :slap: What difference is 3 days going to make (actually only 1 working day as 20th and 21st is the weekend).

I think I'm best off just completing the payment so its fully paid up and then hopefully if the flights are cancelled I can possibly get a refund or at the very least move to next year.

All in all though I've been extremely impressed at how easy everything was to be refunded. Didn't have to chase anything manually, it all just happened. Not the nightmare I expected at all.

Last edited:
I was booked in for Guns n Roses at White Hart Lane May 27. Had special access gold circle right at the front of stage!
Oh well. Postponed so it may happen one day.

My Evanescence & Within Temptation concert at Birmingham Arena was rearranged for September 5th. I think they have been a bit too optimistic so I expect it will have to be rearranged again. Frustrating as been stuck inside my house since mid March and no prospect of going back to VP or even being able to go for a swim (was doing 10 miles a week). Hope some sort of normality comes back soon.

I've wrote off this year for going on holiday and instead took advantage of some very good prices at the time and booked Mexico for next May.

Cruise Cancelled. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Now the hard work starts. Gotta try to cancel the flights, move the hotel booking for the night before our cruise, move the hotel booking in Florida Keys for 5 nights after the cruise, move the car hire.

The pitfalls of booking everything individually. :shake:

Bad news mate, but also, I do think it would have been a crap experience judging by who you were going with judging by the virus and all that. Fingers crossed the rest will be no hassle to cancel.

So... I've been on the phone and live chat all bloody day but things starting to get sorted.

Cruise - straight switch to next August.

Flights - Credit note for the value we paid. Will need to rebook for next August when available and no doubt will be more expensive.

1 night in Port hotel night before cruise - Full refund.

5 nights in Florida Keys after the cruise - Full refund for £25 cancellation fee.

Car hire - Full refund.

Not too bad really apart from the possibility of flights going up and the £25 fee.

Keep feeling like I've missed something though.

I've got a Jimmy Carr gig coming up in October. Still a while away but it seems unlikely that mass gatherings will be allowed by then.

Even if they decided to start-up socially distanced concerts, how would they decide who gets to keep their ticket and who has to give it up?

Finally got decision from Virgin today about Florida holiday next month. In a nutshell, thankfully they have cancelled it due to flight rescheduling.

2 options. Voucher to spend by March next year or full refund.
Will be a full refund , without a doubt.

I love travel and all that and don't take this the wrong way but going on a cruise is just such an unappealing concept to me backed up by people I know who have done one and said "never again "