Corner Flag Kicking | Vital Football

Corner Flag Kicking

jal jal

Vital Squad Member
In the Essex Senior League a Stansted player was given a straight Red Card for kicking a corner flag he did this in frustration at fluffing a cross in their game versus Barkingside.
That's one we will have to be careful not to do, although I can't say it's happened that regularly with a City playe.

Not very related to that odd incident, but yesterday our 4th goal shouldn't have stood. The wind kept blowing the ball out of the quadrant and when Andrade eventually took the corner it was nowhere near where it should have been. Nobody spotted it, though.

I think that means, from that unfathomable statistics site someone keeps linking to, we should have lost that match 1-2 on "expected"goals.

a week ago we were rubbish at set pieces. now we are just rubbish at placing the ball in the corner quadrant. ))
That hasn't changed for a while. Up the top of the Co-op stand you can clearly see it happening on a fairly regular basis. I really don't understand what advantage a player thinks it's giving! Only thing I can think is maybe the ball position might be an indication of where the ball might be heading, it certainly can't be that he can't kick it the extra 8 inches.

Andrade always seems to like placing the ball out of the quadrant, maybe the grass is fresher?

Earlier in the season the County fans were screaming at him when he placed the ball out of the quadrant.

Went to Yeovil in 2003 when gary Johnson was their manager and to this day i don't think I've ever seen corners taken further outside the quadrant. Certain posters on here me included were going barmy at the ref to stop them doing it but he wasn't bothered.
Power amongst others for us have done it for us but the Yeovil ones took the biscuit

Assume if the ball is just overhanging the the line it's deemed 'in'. One of DCs little percentages perhaps. Think we may have done this in the Beck era too.

Not very related to that odd incident, but yesterday our 4th goal shouldn't have stood. The wind kept blowing the ball out of the quadrant and when Andrade eventually took the corner it was nowhere near where it should have been. Nobody spotted it, though.

I think that means, from that unfathomable statistics site someone keeps linking to, we should have lost that match 1-2 on "expected"goals.

Actually I think the ref was aware of it as Bruno had tried to place the ball twice before taking the kick and the wind blew the ball forward. I'm pretty sure from where I was sat I saw the ref indicate for him to take the corner even though the ball was not in strictest terms correctly placed

What people seem to miss here is that the whole ball as viewed from above must be outside the quadrant for it to be deemed improper.

The base of the ball, i.e. where it touches the ground, can be outside the mark and yet still be deemed inside when viewed from above.

I hope the above makes sense.

What people seem to miss here is that the whole ball as viewed from above must be outside the quadrant for it to be deemed improper.

The base of the ball, i.e. where it touches the ground, can be outside the mark and yet still be deemed inside when viewed from above.

I hope the above makes sense.
Yep. But keep an eye on our corners at the Co-op Stacey West, a large beach ball might just be "in" for some of them!

...but, if you were to look down at that ball from above, part of it is still inside the quadrant, so a fair kick.

I believe that's the case. Only a fraction of the back of the ball has to overlap with the far edge. So it often looks out, but isn't.