Corbyn suspended ! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Corbyn suspended !

He got into bed with Hamas and the IRA , and could never be elected as PM.
The left's love-in with Islam is only ever going to lead to hatred of the Jews.

People seem to forget that Corbyn only became Labour leader when they had a £3 membership and lots of Tories joined and voted for him.

Clear majority of members. Happy to constantly oppose the leadership when the members also opposed, eg, under Blair and as I said, I routinely agreed with Corbyn's stance. Became leader and then was limp wristed in campaigning for what the majority of what members wanted. How "honest" was that?

So what you are saying is you should ignore the views of your voters in favour of your members even if it results in an election trouncing?

Mmm, be interesting to see whether that works for your mate Starmer, although he is already causing a lot of members to resign, with just a few jewish members returning so he will not have as many to represent.

So what you are saying is you should ignore the views of your voters in favour of your members even if it results in an election trouncing?

Mmm, be interesting to see whether that works for your mate Starmer, although he is already causing a lot of members to resign, with just a few jewish members returning so he will not have as many to represent.
No. JC banged on for years opposing Blair's public friendly polices, favouring what the members wanted. He then did virtually the opposite over Brexit when he became leader because it didn't suit him.

To gain power Labour must take account of the electorate. That's why I'd not want Labour to campaign for every policy I'd like because we'd be thrashed ( eg declare a Republic).

In my opinion, I think that Labour has drifted into being a metropolitan middle class party and the last election seemed to bare that out with results.
I voted for Nandy because I thought she represented what Labour originally stood for but Starmer has got to give it a fair crack.
I suspect that many traditional voters are suspicious but hopefully he’ll prove them wrong.

I’m part of the unrepresented electorate and I think there are a lot like me. The current Tory party has gravitated too far towards the right to fend off the threat of UKIP and appease the ERG. The Labour Party gravitated towards the left under Corbyn’s. The current political system is crying out for a centrist party.

Add me to that list Trashbat. A nice and central "common sense" based party is exactly what we need.

None of the parties suited my views the last few years, it became a case of voting for the least worst option.

It would be nice if someone came in and said we are going to focus on the really big issues: homelessness and child poverty. Fix that instead of petty squabbling.

In my opinion, I think that Labour has drifted into being a metropolitan middle class party and the last election seemed to bare that out with results.
I voted for Nandy because I thought she represented what Labour originally stood for but Starmer has got to give it a fair crack.
I suspect that many traditional voters are suspicious but hopefully he’ll prove them wrong.

I'd put the same general argument a bit differently. Political movements get comfortable in power, certain groups do well and associate with the powerful. It's an inevitable process but ends with a gulf between the rulers and those they were elected to serve. I don't buy the metropolitan élite shorthand because I think those who profited were spread all over the country. I left the party towards the end of the Blair years and received a call asking me why. Because you have become the second party of privilege was my answer. The only reputable game in town is now to address the needs of those who never profited and the increasing number joining them at the bottom. It's an urgent task.