Copa America | Vital Football

Copa America

Sergio scored in the 2:0 win over Qatar.
Why the hell Qatar and Japan are in this competition, God only knows. Must be some hefty brown envelopes flying around.
:silly:

Brasil beat Argentina 2:0
Goals from Jesus and Firmino. (Jesus assist for F's goal).
Jesus played 80 mins. Ederson and Ferny unused subs.
Sergio and Otters played the full ninety.
As far as I know, no injuries.

Argentina are 2:0 up in the third/fourth play-off v Chile.
Sergio scored the first, Dybala the secnd.
Aguero and Otters starters.

Finished 3-1 with Messi sent off for the first time in 14 years - having seen the clip it seemed very harsh. Chile’s Mendel was the aggressor and all Messi did was stand his ground as the Chilean repeatedly bumped him and tried to provoke him. Messi IMO did nothing wrong. Poor decision.....plus it was checked by VAR which makes it even weirder.

Last edited:
Listening during the night to the R5Live-rpool sports bulletins and was seriously grinding my teeth :punch:at the way in which his sending off was being described by the female reporter along the lines of “he didn’t take it very well and he’s later seen crying on somesteps”. :mad:

So essentially the implication is that it’s not alright for him to be upset and become emotional (presumably because he’s a man), but it is absolutely fine for the reactions of the Cameroonian women’s responses to the decisions that went against them vs England as “they displayed a lot of emotion” and “it was an emotional game” when they were also shown in floods of tears, ranting and raving at the officials and at the side of the pitch.

The utter hypocrisy of the BBC in the standard of their reporting in terms of equality is becoming a real bug bear for me. They cannot bang on about equality when this institutional sexism exists, passing off comments about “man flu” as banter etc but then when a man gets upset you highlight it in your fecking sports bulletins throughout the night. :censor:

Listening during the night to the R5Live-rpool sports bulletins and was seriously grinding my teeth :punch:at the way in which his sending off was being described by the female reporter along the lines of “he didn’t take it very well and he’s later seen crying on somesteps”. :mad:

So essentially the implication is that it’s not alright for him to be upset and become emotional (presumably because he’s a man), but it is absolutely fine for the reactions of the Cameroonian women’s responses to the decisions that went against them vs England as “they displayed a lot of emotion” and “it was an emotional game” when they were also shown in floods of tears, ranting and raving at the officials and at the side of the pitch.

The utter hypocrisy of the BBC in the standard of their reporting in terms of equality is becoming a real bug bear for me. They cannot bang on about equality when this institutional sexism exists, passing off comments about “man flu” as banter etc but then when a man gets upset you highlight it in your fecking sports bulletins throughout the night. :censor:
South Americans are an emotional lot. Personally, I'm glad he would care that much.