Cooky at his best | Vital Football

Cooky at his best

Same old bullshit from Cook, at least the Journo wasn't afraid to push for answers, we didn't get interviews like that from Kendrick.

Cook will find out soon enough that Ipswich and their fans wont be as lenient as Latics or its fans, i said that on the day he was appointed.

That's what struck me Journo wasn't afraid to push for answers. I don't think he ever gave such a long interview for us.

In another thread i mentioned the Ipswich press and Cook would likely start to get at each other - i didn't know it had already started. It doesn't sound like it's going to last very long.

An honest interview from Cook, no sugar coating shit in that. Ipswich press seem far less malleable than our own intrepid sports reporter. (I’m guessing the ship has sailed on the promise of asking some difficult questions)

I hope he’s not throwing in the towel on this season. They’ve still got Northampton, Swindon and a return fixture against the Dons left. Games we desperately need them to win. However it sounds like players have downed tools already. For Cooks sake you hope his new employers had an input into his appointment.

Go on then ... I'll go first.

I'd take him back.

I wouldn't now.
It was similar to when Cook was suspended from the touchline, I found Richardson a more composed and less defensive character.
Apart from a period of a couple of weeks I never wanted Cook sacked but it was more refreshing without him on the touchline.

I wouldn't now.
It was similar to when Cook was suspended from the touchline, I found Richardson a more composed and less defensive character.
Apart from a period of a couple of weeks I never wanted Cook sacked but it was more refreshing without him on the touchline.
I get what you're saying Sid. I suppose it all depends on a few issues:
- does Richardson want the job
- does Rioch want to stay with Richardson, or return to the Academy full time
- assume the top one is yes, the answer to the second point gives Richardson a headache either way - who does he want as his assistant, and who would backfill roles with the kids.

The last thing we want to do is to screw up the progress that the Academy has made.

I really enjoyed that, great Q&A between an interviewer not afraid to pussyfoot around the manager and the gaffer giving as good as he's got back at him as at this point he clearly doesn't give a fuck about the players he's currently dealing with and isn't afraid to upset them pubilicy

It's a crying shame we never saw the same type of interviews when Cook was here.
Leam should bring him back here as his number 2.
Hey, it worked well for Chris Wilder and Alan Knill!

Yeah & when we were both challenging for promotion from the Championship they were constantly telling us how we were the big spenders & they were the paupers
Then on the last day of the season one of the Sunday papers did a comparison of wages & they were spending a freakin' fortune

Prior to the takeover they had 100m+ debt written off by their previous owner.

Our debt was probably never more than a quarter / third of that at it's worst even after the previous owners transfers massive debts onto the club that we as a club didn't spend.

So they certainly did their fair share of big spending.