Cooky and team | Page 7 | Vital Football

Cooky and team

Id argue hed have an insight into the ethos and mentality of wigan sides. Hes been at the club and took teams here for years.

His ability as a player is absolutely irrelevant.

Is neil warnock of his time?
Is mick Mccarthy of his time?
Take them wouldn't you?

Mick Mccarthy no. Neil warnock yes - he's still producing the goods and has done consistently for as long as I can remember (outside of the top flight)

Whilst I insinuated Adkins was a shite goalkeeper (& he was) I never said that it should have any bearing on whether he was a good enough manager for us.
But having brought a few visiting teams to us on I'd wager less than 5 occasions that's going to give him very little insight into the club and certainly nowhere near enough to get or understand us.
No more than any other manager who has visited Latics on far more occasions

Id argue hed have an insight into the ethos and mentality of wigan sides. Hes been at the club and took teams here for years.

His ability as a player is absolutely irrelevant.

Take them wouldn't you?

Go on argue it?
I agree His ability as a player is absolutely irrelevant. But his one as a managers isnt
Take them wouldn't you? No too expensive

Last edited:
Mick Mccarthy no. Neil warnock yes - he's still producing the goods and has done consistently for as long as I can remember (outside of the top flight)

Whilst I insinuated Adkins was a shite goalkeeper (& he was) I never said that it should have any bearing on whether he was a good enough manager for us.
But having brought a few visiting teams to us on I'd wager less than 5 occasions that's going to give him very little insight into the club and certainly nowhere near enough to get or understand us.
No more than any other manager who has visited Latics on far more occasions
Fair enough. Still think his cv is more tgan good enough for us in the current mess were in.

You wouldn't take neil warnock as of now? If were league 1 you seriously wouldn't have him?!?

Baffling that moonay

For a start, we're not in League 1 ....... yet.
I don't like his teams' style of play.
He's nearly 72.
He's a gobshite.

Not that baffling really.

He's nearly 72.
He's a gobshite.

Well actually yes we are league 1. As of now were league one. Fact. If its overturned we're not.
I dont either but he gets results
Yes hes a fossil
Yes hes a gobshite

Warnock a gobshite? You gotta be joking, some football brain that bloke and brilliant motivator.
He's probably forgot more about football than Crook will ever know.

I ignore nobody...not even you.

Might be a good time to start.

Besides when dodging admitting he is obviously Craig pretending to be someone else. All he ever does is critasise everyone else opinion without offering a viable counter argument or alternative of his own and if you try and point that out he goes to name calling.

Where we are Danny, is in limbo.

Although, theoretically, we're in League 1, the fixture list isn't out yet ....... so let's wait and see. ;)

Warnock a gobshite? You gotta be joking,

Well ............... I guess it goes to show that the old saying isn't necessarily right, ......... about taking one to know one.
👀

Where we are Danny, is in limbo.

Although, theoretically, we're in League 1, the fixture list isn't out yet ....... so let's wait and see. ;)

Well ............... I guess it goes to show that the old saying isn't necessarily right, ......... about taking one to know one.
👀
See league 1 it is. Until we win the appeal of course cause David phillips is a secret lifelong tic waiting for his moment to shine 😁

He's nearly 72.
He's a gobshite.

I must admit I read his autobiography whilst on holiday a couple of years ago and he comes across as having a decent knowledge of the game and seems to engender faith from the Chairmen and players he has worked with.

I think his TV presence does him no favours as he is prone to speak his mind.

He's nearly 72.
He's a gobshite.

Without wanting to sound like a cliché, he's like marmite.

I don't like his managerial style, playing style, media personality. But that's just me. I would take a Martinez style manager any day. But they are one in a million.

Swansea asking for 20m for centre back Rodon. He's nowhere near Kipres level! Just think of the fee we could have got under different circumstances. For other players as well! Remember Calamity Mings went for 20-25m last year, a 26 year old already with less ability than 23 year old Kipre.