Cooky and team | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cooky and team

Cook has interviewed with Bristol City for their vacant managerial position.

Wouldn't blame him, the guy has to look to his own future.

We may not have one, or certainly may not have one that he wants to be part of.

Having to start at the bottom again and build a squad capable of first being promoted and then stabilising in the championship.

*If* there is life next season and we’re in League One, I’d love for us to go for the Cowleys if possible but we probably won’t be able to afford them.

I’d say Graeme Jones or Nigel Adkins are the likeliest bets amongst the more experienced managers available that could end up here. Certainly won’t be taking anyone who’s already got a club a la Cook from Portsmouth.

Cook seems to be going to Bristol city now a dark horse for management for me will be Baines, but it will likely be Jones. Will have to wait and see how well things progress and the outcome on Saturday, hopefully by then we have some clarity.

Cook seems to be going to Bristol city now a dark horse for management for me will be Baines, but it will likely be Jones. Will have to wait and see how well things progress and the outcome on Saturday, hopefully by then we have some clarity.

He is just one of eight candidates at Bristol

If he's quitting to ensure that any club wanting him doesn't have to pay a big compensation package, then to me he is nothing more than a fat bald rat deserting the titanic. However, if him quitting doesn't affect us receiving compensation, then he'll leave with my thanks and best wishes.

We won't get anyone in until a takeover is sorted. Who is supposed to appoint a manager? We've got no senior staff bar the administrators and no money to pay anyone. Assuming Cook takes his backroom staff with him, whoever the highest ranked coach still on the books is (youth team manager perhaps) will probably be put in charge temporarily.

Pete O'Rourke has a very mixed record with us. So pinch of salt needed.

If Cook goes to another club and we get compo then no issue - wish him well. The money will be needed.

If he quits to have a year out no issue either.

But if he quits to take another job in the next couple of weeks or months and allow his suitors to dodge paying compo I'd be very unhappy. I'd hope he wouldn't do that but with Bristol apparently interviewing him it could look that way.

No issue if he is fed up with what happened abd wants to go but contracts work both ways if he was sacked he would've rightly wanted every penny owed, if he leaves for another club we should equally be compensated.

See what happens but I hope if he does go it's in the right way.

Well if he has resigned then we don't have to pay him up and it's another fat wage off the wage bill even if his actions mean we miss out on compensation.

Well if he has resigned then we don't have to pay him up and it's another fat wage off the wage bill even if his actions mean we miss out on compensation.
But we shouldn’t have to miss out on compensation we need every penny we can get, he knows this. Unless things have got even worse behind the scenes. Maybe flogging Joffy for £100k is too much for him to bear

Gutted that cooks going and our team youth set up everything destroyed by these chinese evil bastards backed up the efl who instead of helping put the boot in this is totally sickening and heartbreaking i cant believe some folk on here was more concerned about a so called derogatory term used against choi and his cohorts these people deserve a lot more than that

You’d hope that if he does join Bristol/Bham in the next week or so we’d have a strong claim for compo? Not having managers can just resign before taking on a new job to get around the compensation.

Been great in recent months but disappointing that he's walked out on us now when we need his leadership most. The club and most fans stuck by him this season and last despite some woeful performances and loyalty is a two way street. He achieved same as Gary Caldwell and has had us in two relegation battles in both seasons in championship.