Cook... The Referendum | Page 28 | Vital Football

Cook... The Referendum

Should Paul Cook be retained?

• Total voters
My preferred centre back pairing on Wed would probably be Kipre and Sterling (as he doesn't get outmuscled easily and has a bit of height at 5'11 and pace).With Byrne coming in at RB and Robinson LB.
Or we could go 352 or 343 with Sheffield Utd style overlapping centre backs with Kipre in the middle,Robinson to the left and Sterling to the right.
This was a game Naismith could of been utilised due to the injuries and suspension.Being used either LCB in a back 3 like he did so well against Leeds last season or as LWB if Robinson is LCB.But due to some fans booing him last home game (which IMO was completely out of order),I don't know what his current mental state is,as he was clearly affected when he came on.He was left out of the squad yesterday so his confidence must be shot to pieces after Reading,so personally i wouldn't risk using him on Wed,which is a shame.(It turns out all these points thrown away in the last 8 games wasn't his fault after all)😉

I think if we started Naismith that he wouldn't actually get any abuse, or if he did i think it would be from a much smaller group of fans. I think a number of the fans would actually rally round him as the majority of us agree that his treatment was not justified.

Personally i think unless Naismith doesn't want to just sit in the stands collecting his wages or leave and still wants to try and play an active role on the pitch for us that the sooner he gets back on the pitch the better. As unfortunate as the situation was for him last home game the only way he is going to turn it around it being on the pitch and proving people wrong and i think the longer he leaves it the bigger deal and more daunting it could become. I think he'd be better just jumping back in asap if he has a say in it.

Although i can see the logic on the flip side saying at the moment it's so bad things can only get worse, espeically if he is coming in asked to play out of position again, so if he sits out a few weeks and the manager gets sacked he may get a clean slate. The players at this point must be hoping something happens as none of them will want to go down and take pay cuts.

I think if we started Naismith that he wouldn't actually get any abuse, or if he did i think it would be from a much smaller group of fans. I think a number of the fans would actually rally round him as the majority of us agree that his treatment was not justified.

Personally i think unless Naismith doesn't want to just sit in the stands collecting his wages or leave and still wants to try and play an active role on the pitch for us that the sooner he gets back on the pitch the better. As unfortunate as the situation was for him last home game the only way he is going to turn it around it being on the pitch and proving people wrong and i think the longer he leaves it the bigger deal and more daunting it could become. I think he'd be better just jumping back in asap if he has a say in it.

Although i can see the logic on the flip side saying at the moment it's so bad things can only get worse, espeically if he is coming in asked to play out of position again, so if he sits out a few weeks and the manager gets sacked he may get a clean slate. The players at this point must be hoping something happens as none of them will want to go down and take pay cuts.

I think Naismith would get a fair amount of positive support ... until he makes his first mistake and if it proves to be a costly one he'd get pelted again by our "supporters" and that would be the end of him I reckon.
I personally wouldn't risk him, I'd go for 5 at the back, 3 defensive mids and 2 up top (asked to drop back) and try to keep the goals against down to 3.

Byrne, Sterling, Kipre, An U23 Center back, Robinson
McLeod, Morsy, Evans
Moore Garner